This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276871 by Alex_Diggs
Tue May 23, 2017 7:26 pm
Just lookin for a recommendation from someone to get some of my songs reviewed and get some feedback. I've tried the whole forum thing on muse's muse but its always biased and nobody seems to be able to be objective or anything. I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg either so cheap is the magic word here. Thanks guys
#276944 by Cajundaddy
Sun May 28, 2017 1:13 am
Not sure exactly what you are looking for. Everybody has bias so the totally objective song review utopia doesn't exist. There are guys out there who *claim* to be top producers and will be glad to take your money for nothing.

My suggestion:
Put it up on YT and send the link to all your friends, Facebook, ask for opinions here and at UG C4C forum and see what you get. Grow a thick skin and put on your flame suit because you will certainly get some negative responses. It is what it is. If you want to see if your music will attract listeners, start gigging your tunes and watch the response.
#276954 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 29, 2017 1:40 am
I'm not sure what you man by the Muses Muse (now just 'The Muse') being 'always biased'. Different people have different tastes, and quite honestly, some songwriters are very picky about what they like. There are sites like Just Plain Folks, but all you are likely to get there are 'attaboys'.
IF you are able to play/sing the songs yourself live (not just recorded with multitracking), you can try songwriter circles or meetings, as well as open mics. If you can capture peoiples attention at a noisy bar open mic, you've got a good song!
#276973 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed May 31, 2017 10:59 am
Good words Mike.
I keep getting notifications of new members in my area. Gotta laugh... 11 out of twelve have no music posted. The 12th musician actually had a well recorded song on his profile. I would say that even though it was not exactly my style it was still a 10.
Alex I'm going to check your profile. This is actually an honest place to have music reviewed. If you weed through the nasty feelings and words, you may find some great musicians that will give you an honest opinion.