This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276946 by Sterling Loren Young
Sun May 28, 2017 4:26 am
I didn't want to do it, but I just had to post this.

I am not concerned about me or why or how my meeting with this person suddenly went sour. I am concerned for the safety of others though. Though we had also talked on the phone, this person is very sketch and for some reason will fly off the absolute handle if you dare ask his address after he was the one who invited you to his studio/apartment. I gave him two days to give me a viable address after I had been invited by him. Even on the day we were to meet, he still got very agitated when I asked where he was. The one thing that set him completely off was me using the word "K" and (????). Even though I used the word "K" before with no issue whatsoever. Yes, he called the word "K" and "????" "copping an attitude". He is certainly the walk-on-eggshells type. Everything about this person is just not normal or professional at all.

His music logo is under the name Sky High/ Circuit Benders Club and his name is Dalton Hyatt. He has sample tracks, but that's not really enough to convince me of his authenticity. Women, he is looking for female vocalists in particular now. Just be careful, alright?

I believe this is whole thing is a scam. A rather sketchy scam and he acted differently when I told him someone was with me. He had another female vocalist that did business with him, and she left. He later said it was because of her kids, but I highly doubt this. Lastly, be wary of someone who communicates in random "lols" that are not warranted. Beware of someone who accuses you of "assuming" you need an address to the very place they invited you to. The only thing I regret is that I actually wrote a full on song for this guy. Even on slight chance he is who he says he is, I'm sure I would have never been credited and he is definitely not someone you'd want to work for, or with.

Word of warning, especially to the ladies: BE. CAREFUL. I have texts messages of what transpired, and I don't think I'll be the only one who doesn't think they are anywhere normal or professional.
#276947 by schmedidiah
Sun May 28, 2017 7:46 am
Have you spoken to the authorities on this matter? Sorry to hear about this.
#276953 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 29, 2017 1:36 am
Yes, sorry, you had a problem, I assume this Dalton guy was someone you found via the Bandmix profiles?
#288495 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:34 pm
These days, 'bringing a friend' is probably a necessity for any female meeting a stranger (or band) for auditioning purposes, other than in a public place.
I'd suggest that in the future, after contacting someone, arrange to meet at a public place (coffee shop, McDonalds, etc, but not a bar) to discuss 'possibilities'. if any guy refuses to do this with you, then just move on. We see it in the news, there are too many crazies out there.
You can post your info about this guy as a 'Re:____' ad on CL - I see people do that all the time up this way when some flake is advertising all the time.
#288497 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:10 pm
Sterling Loren Young wrote:I didn't want to do it, but I just had to post this.

I am not concerned about me or why or how my meeting with this person suddenly went sour. I am concerned for the safety of others though. Though we had also talked on the phone, this person is very sketch and for some reason will fly off the absolute handle if you dare ask his address after he was the one who invited you to his studio/apartment. I gave him two days to give me a viable address after I had been invited by him. Even on the day we were to meet, he still got very agitated when I asked where he was. The one thing that set him completely off was me using the word "K" and (????). Even though I used the word "K" before with no issue whatsoever. Yes, he called the word "K" and "????" "copping an attitude". He is certainly the walk-on-eggshells type. Everything about this person is just not normal or professional at all.

His music logo is under the name Sky High/ Circuit Benders Club and his name is Dalton Hyatt. He has sample tracks, but that's not really enough to convince me of his authenticity. Women, he is looking for female vocalists in particular now. Just be careful, alright?

I believe this is whole thing is a scam. A rather sketchy scam and he acted differently when I told him someone was with me. He had another female vocalist that did business with him, and she left. He later said it was because of her kids, but I highly doubt this. Lastly, be wary of someone who communicates in random "lols" that are not warranted. Beware of someone who accuses you of "assuming" you need an address to the very place they invited you to. The only thing I regret is that I actually wrote a full on song for this guy. Even on slight chance he is who he says he is, I'm sure I would have never been credited and he is definitely not someone you'd want to work for, or with.

Word of warning, especially to the ladies: BE. CAREFUL. I have texts messages of what transpired, and I don't think I'll be the only one who doesn't think they are anywhere normal or professional.

you are damn lucky to be alive. This sounds like a trap all the way. He avoided giving his address so he couldn't be found later, he wanted you to come alone for more obvious reasons.

Please, take this event as a warning to NEVER EVER EVER EVER go meet a stranger by yourself.

#288509 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:30 pm
As for interviews - ladies need to be very careful. The last girl singer I worked with knew several of my friends and we hit it right off but never count on that.

I accompanied a friend last week as he went to purchase two excellent guitars from a Craig's list add. (LP Traditional and a spotless SG) The seller also brought a bodyguard (I mean friend 8) ) who sat in the car cradling his Uzi...

We ended up doing the musician thing and having a great time swapping lies in the parking lot of a nice restaurant. The transaction went down by smart phone and it was a lot of dough. I didn't know you could do it by phone but much safer.

Talbot