This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#255993 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:33 am
Forget counterfeit money, send me $105 and I will send you a genuine $100 bill! Shipping and handling not included.
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Mon May 29, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#276957 by schmedidiah
Mon May 29, 2017 1:37 pm
shall I forward this to the Secret Service? :roll:
#276959 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 29, 2017 9:40 pm
A whole slew of spam replies appeared on this one earlier. Looks like the spammer was deleted.
#276961 by schmedidiah
Tue May 30, 2017 3:47 pm
I saw them.

I've only had one experience with counterfeit $ in my life (that I know of). I went to a kegger at a coworkers house on a Friday night after work when I was 16 (their parents were out of town). his brother was taking money at the gate for the red Dixie cups. Should have suspected something suspicious from this guy because he looked exactly like the coworker but with yellow hair instead of black hair like the guy I worked with. I paid with a twenty and got 3 fives and a couple of ones back.

the next day I walked to work and had extra time so I stopped at Central Music to check out some tab books. It was about a 1/4 mile walk to work and I had this place calling to me like a siren and I had money from my job, so I went there a lot. I bought something and the business owner informed me that I had handed him a counterfeit fiver.

The totally bizarre part is that a cop had just walked in the door and was standing about 5 feet from us just looking around, like this shop was part of his normal beat (not like a music shop customer). I was shocked and embarrassed and I gave him real money and got out as fast as I could.

I went right to work and confronted the party guy and he was twice as pissed as me that I would even bring it up. I knew the bill came from his brother and he denied it outright. that was a huge strain on our friendship and we hardly had anything to do with each other afterwards. we had even jammed together a few times too. that was a damn shame, but oh well..... :roll: