This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#292920 by MikeTalbot
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:17 pm
The polls were jam packed this morning around 10AM when I went to vote here in Roswell GA (N. Atlanta). Took me an hour and a half to get the job done. I can assure you all that not everyone there was on the same page politically but we were all civil and polite and I met a lot of nice folks and actually enjoyed the long lines to my surprise.

There were some cops there but Roswell cops are pretty cool and that was about parking, which was a nightmare. I went around the wrong way once and the cop just looked at me and shook his head...(don't try that in LA!)

The poll workers get ten points from me. They were snowed under and did their best. A lady goofed when signing me in and was very apologetic. I told her, "Ma'am, it's not like you do this every day. Not a problem."

The really off beat thing was that we were ordered under a new state law to turn off all cell phones in the polling places. I'd feared some folks might melt down but no, we all just turned off our phones and got back to chattering.

Talbot
#292929 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:53 pm
Here in nowhere MO, there were no lines easy parking, in and out.

Only our neighbors here not much different then a athletic event.

Proud to see Ga vote red.

Three marijuana bills on the MO ballot, all 3 passed.
So they take the one with the highest vote tally and go with that. Yay

It's time the Federal Gov't made a decision on weed.
#292933 by schmedidiah
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:12 pm
agreed on the weed. it's over Johnny. :mrgreen:
#292945 by Planetguy
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:55 pm
gotta say i never thought i'd live to see the day when ANY marijuana (medicinal or otherwise) would be legal in MO. still, i'd be surprised if recreational pot goes legal here...ever.