This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#292502 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:50 pm
No, I don't consider myself 'far left', but the way you post things, Jahva, you make it sound like anything ANYWHERE left of your position is 'far left'. When you post about a private company (twitter) "censoring" anyone, that is far-right whining!

To Schmed- the only times I post political stuff here are to refute the crazy sh*t others might post - or to 'egg them on'. :P
#292504 by Mordgeld
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:18 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:No, I don't consider myself 'far left', but the way you post things, Jahva, you make it sound like anything ANYWHERE left of your position is 'far left'. When you post about a private company (twitter) "censoring" anyone, that is far-right whining!

To Schmed- the only times I post political stuff here are to refute the crazy sh*t others might post - or to 'egg them on'. :P


I must say, if one feels the need to whine about private companies or individuals doing whatever they want within legal/liability limits, they sure don't belong on the far right. Now, to posit that they should lose the protections of section 230 (CDA) meant to protect (non-govt regulated) impartial online distributors of content by censoring people for speech that is otherwise legal and protected under the first amendment would be a discussion with more merit. One cannot base their argument on "that's no fair" and have an adult discussion.
#292510 by Jahva
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:39 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:No, I don't consider myself 'far left', but the way you post things, Jahva, you make it sound like anything ANYWHERE left of your position is 'far left'. When you post about a private company (twitter) "censoring" anyone, that is far-right whining!

To Schmed- the only times I post political stuff here are to refute the crazy sh*t others might post - or to 'egg them on'. :P



Again with the twitter I said what I think about how they operate... Twitter is a lefty outlet... shocking. Of course it riles up the Right when this chit happens... I'm not speaking against it because it's the right being silenced... I think it's wrong for most anyone to be silenced. It just so happens to be Owned by leftards and get pranked by Rightards... and it's funny to me. I think some of the jokes on Trump are funny... AF I heard one today about a sandwich called the Don... White bread full of baloney with a lil pickle. Something like that... not offended.

But the video isn't about twitter as much as how easy it is to set these people off. You guys are quick to defend it... without even watching it. Brilliant... :lol: :lol:
No I'm just not stuck in a echo chamber. I get to see both sides. And when I bring up something crazy from the far left you guys get triggered rather than actually look into the what others outside of your bubble think and see. Stay away... I'm not trying to offend you... it's not for you.... just ignore it. A little self control goes a long way... Just think of me as Breibart... when you see the name ignore.

The guy in the video is a democratic/Socialist his claims not mine... he's a street reporter who has no ties to MSM...
I respect what he does how he goes about reporting...
I'll take him any day over anyone in the MSM... he's not bought or owned by anyone.
He's one example of many that I get info from... no bias just reporting.
There was a great E-publication called the knifemedia... they didn't survive but again non-biased reporting.
They basically would rank the stories put out by MSM outlets for accuracy.
CNN NBC FOX API AP BBC AlJazeer NPR.... in the end you'd see how they all suck... on accuracy... statically speaking.
#292514 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:02 am
schmedidiah wrote:Here's the thing with Gleen. If he agrees with you, then you're alright in his book. then, if you deviate at all from his views even one bit, he calls you out. He acts like no one is allowed to disagree with him on anything. The head of his own theocracy, basically. All infedels must be silenced. He did it to me. He did it to Mordgeld. Now he's done it to you, Jahva. It's entirely up to the individual how they react to this.
I engaged him in his childishness and it lead to where we are today. Mordgeld and you have both chosen to disregard his initial call out and that's fine by me, but I decided to engage it. I came to a fork in the road, the same fork you came to, and chose my own direction.
My motivation for engaging Gleen in his stupidity is to get to the conclusion of this era of the bandmix forum as quickly as possible. My philosophy is this place sucks at the moment, it could be a lot better, so let's run out the clock on this game and start the next game on the schedule (like a football team).
I want to tear down the idea that it's ok for Gleen and Vamp to run the asylum and (try to) dictate the rules to everyone else. It's been the status quo here since I joined. I know it's what keeps dozens of visitors a day from participating here. I think with Slacker gone we got a little closer to that goal. Now Haley says he's out. Good. He did everything he could to prop up the status quo. Now Yod looks iffy. It would be good for him to stop mucking things up here as well. He fights with everyone who doesn't kiss his butt and then has the audacity to tell members they need to stop doing exactly what he does. Good riddance.

If we exclude those members, what are we left with? Mike and Mark arguing with you about this? They're right. You post political threads. You make generalizations about one side of the aisle. I feel they do exactly the same thing, but don't see it themselves because their philosophy is that the world isn't right until every person in it yields to their POV.
I disagree with all of you however. I don't believe in telling others what to think (I do have slip ups sometimes, but that's the goal). I want to be free to come to my own conclusion on every issue under the sun. I don't want Obama, Trump, the guy next to me at the baseball game, the queen of England, anybody to tell me what to think. I'm perfectly happy to disagree with everybody.
So think about whether you're being like Gleen (absolutely freaking out if someone disagrees with you on something) or are you being more like our buddy Mike Talbot (who stays out of all of it and calls for some much needed peace around here).
Food for thought.


Schitty ... I'm not going anywhere.
You are just a dickheead NON MUSICIAN.
I'm going to go after you every time you post BS. Changing posted words.
YOU HAVE NO MUSICAL TALENT!!!!
Yet you feel entitled to use your computer skills that are FAR GREATER THAN MINE...

To insult a musical forum and chase musicians that have talent off this site...
YOU ARE ONE PHUCKED UP PERSON!
#292528 by schmedidiah
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:25 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
Schitty ... I'm not going anywhere.
You are just a dickheead NON MUSICIAN.
I'm going to go after you every time you post BS. Changing posted words.

You call me "Schitty" because you feel small and insignificant. You are.

I am a musician. A talented one at that. Just ask your good friend Yod. :mrgreen:

ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:

YOU HAVE NO MUSICAL TALENT!!!!
Yet you feel entitled to use your computer skills that are FAR GREATER THAN MINE...

I have decent musical talent and very little computer skills. You're just that dumb. :roll:

ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
To insult a musical forum and chase musicians that have talent off this site...
YOU ARE ONE PHUCKED UP PERSON!

Prove it or shut up. Who did I "chase away"? When was the last time they posted here? Name names, loser.
#292545 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:19 pm
#292547 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:22 pm
Jahva wrote:
Again with the twitter I said what I think about how they operate... Twitter is a lefty outlet... shocking. Of course it riles up the Right when this chit happens... I'm not speaking against it because it's the right being silenced... I think it's wrong for most anyone to be silenced. It just so happens to be Owned by leftards and get pranked by Rightards... and it's funny to me. I think some of the jokes on Trump are funny... AF I heard one today about a sandwich called the Don... White bread full of baloney with a lil pickle. Something like that... not offended.

But the video isn't about twitter as much as how easy it is to set these people off. You guys are quick to defend it... without even watching it. Brilliant... :lol: :lol:
No I'm just not stuck in a echo chamber. I get to see both sides. And when I bring up something crazy from the far left you guys get triggered rather than actually look into the what others outside of your bubble think and see. Stay away... I'm not trying to offend you... it's not for you.... just ignore it. A little self control goes a long way... Just think of me as Breibart... when you see the name ignore.

The guy in the video is a democratic/Socialist his claims not mine... he's a street reporter who has no ties to MSM...
I respect what he does how he goes about reporting...
I'll take him any day over anyone in the MSM... he's not bought or owned by anyone.
He's one example of many that I get info from... no bias just reporting.
There was a great E-publication called the knifemedia... they didn't survive but again non-biased reporting.
They basically would rank the stories put out by MSM outlets for accuracy.
CNN NBC FOX API AP BBC AlJazeer NPR.... in the end you'd see how they all suck... on accuracy... statically speaking.


But you never post anti-right stuff...

As to this 'street reporter', like anyone else on line, he's all about selling clicks and ads. The main reason I don't watch ANY video 'news' online.
#292548 by Jahva
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:38 pm
I post what I find... interesting funny crazy... I don’t go in search of these stories but they’re usually ahead of or not reported by msm. If anyone finds them to be false... would love to hear it.

All about selling clicks?
:lol:
Where do you get your news and info from?
Ad driven msm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah mike everyone needs to make a buck.... if you think that’s all they’re about Mmmmkay.
It’s funny to have an opinion on a song without listening to it first... no?

Sorry no alt-right stories to report on so far today... they’re pretty much a powerless small fraction of the far right that no one pays much attention to.
But if I find one you be sure and read or watch it ok... even if it comes from an independent journalist trying to make a buck so he can work again next week.
#292935 by schmedidiah
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:45 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:No, I don't consider myself 'far left', but the way you post things, Jahva, you make it sound like anything ANYWHERE left of your position is 'far left'. When you post about a private company (twitter) "censoring" anyone, that is far-right whining!

To Schmed- the only times I post political stuff here are to refute the crazy sh*t others might post - or to 'egg them on'. :P

or when you start a new political thread, cut and paste 7 feet of text onto the bandmix musicians forum, because you're so friggin right, no one can even argue.....


when you're the lefty version of Slacker and can't admit it. :roll:

:lol:
#292937 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:57 pm
Damn
#292940 by Planetguy
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:52 pm
schmedidiah wrote:

when you're the lefty version of Slacker and can't admit it. :roll:

:lol:


pfffft, not even CLOSE. I don't know why you're riding mike about this schmed ....you miss beefing w glen or sumptin?

hey, whatever floats your boat.
#292941 by schmedidiah
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:49 pm
I've never even done it once, Mark. Mike has done it plenty and has been less than truthful about that. having said that, my intention is to try to make this place better, so i'll back off. Deal? :D
#292943 by Planetguy
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:47 pm
Look, Schmed... whether or not you've ever done it isn't an issue (for me).

But seriously, to say that Mike is no better than Slacker who cut and pasted copious amts of political spew daily is just silly.

Mike has posted as much or more music stuff on this site as anyone. He's participated in musical pass-arounds. He shares his music and videos freely. And weighs in on other's music.

so, if he wants to be the one left leaning voice who feels the need to occasionally share something from a different point of view than all the other right leaning posters here who get on THEIR stump to tout THEIR views....big whoop.

afterall, there IS a section for doing this. and as long as that's not Mike's, or anyone else's sole contribution to this site....just coming to a MUSIC SITE to spew their political views, i have no problem with it. i don't believe that does any damage to this site's cred....

now, on the other hand, if that's the ONLY thing someone has to offer here, then i really have to wonder why they choose a music site for such. (you know who you are)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest