This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#291908 by BestGuitarist
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:41 pm
One of his past short stories really made me laugh..the one where the group Slacker is with watching a lame band at some Sioux City nightclub and they all chip in a few bucks to give the band so they w.ill stop playing..paying a band to stop playing is so funny on all levels..
#291909 by J-HALEY
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:51 pm
Mine is when I listened to some of his music and was blown away by his right hand technique, his music in general. I then started a new thread saying I wish I was half as good as this guy copied his video link and posted it. If ya'll remember correctly he had dial up very slow. One day a few weeks later he clIcked on the link to watch it and realized it was him. He and I had some back and forth disagreements on some topics I don't remember what they were. We were friends from that day on. He sent me all of his music which I keep in my itunes and I listen to it from time to time hoping he is doing well!
#291910 by BestGuitarist
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:26 pm
I wish he would come back.. I still have the Fruity Loops DVD he sent me..a guy can always go to soundclick to hear him..he was so helpful and he loved everybody even if he disagreed politically or religiously..
#291918 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:One of his past short stories really made me laugh..the one where the group Slacker is with watching a lame band at some Sioux City nightclub and they all chip in a few bucks to give the band so they w.ill stop playing..paying a band to stop playing is so funny on all levels..


I Remember that one...
#291956 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:50 pm
He loved everybody? :roll:

At least he loved Glenn and Vamp and Mr Hanky and you PD.

Look at what happened to Slacker, PD that's probably what will happen to you.

Now go ahead and make it out to be glorious, cause it is, he's gone.
#291962 by BestGuitarist
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:16 pm
Why you so negative? Lynyrd?..how the swap meeters doing?..peace bro..
#291964 by J-HALEY
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:44 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:He loved everybody? :roll:

At least he loved Glenn and Vamp and Mr Hanky and you PD.

Look at what happened to Slacker, PD that's probably what will happen to you.

Now go ahead and make it out to be glorious, cause it is, he's gone.


What are you drinking today Lynard? I mean hell if you can't play guitar worth a sh!t ya may as well troll a site of real musicians. Lynard the guy with the fatass old lady that sucks at everything so he's mad as hell and an unhappy grouchy old piece of manure. What a sad existence it must be. :lol:
#291970 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:16 pm
I would have to call Slacker and ask permission. Does anyone have copies ?
He is one of the greatest pickers EVER!
Now even more interesting There Is a song on the radio that sounds LIKE CHAEYA's song.
Most of you don't even know who I am talking about.
WHAT A TALENTED LADY!
How about Jeff Coley? Go look him up on face book. Totally awesome sound he got out of some squeaky old guitar.

This list goes on and on....
Should we talk about YOD?....
#291976 by BestGuitarist
Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:56 am
Just to be clear..the thread was not created to expound on the virtues of anybody's sound recordings..and it was not about gossiping about anybody
I miss Slacker and is sort of a memorial to a great guy in all his glory..
I said my piece about my favorite memory of him..and don't believe sharing memories of people that touched our lives is idiotic or whatever..
#291977 by schmedidiah
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:51 am
Did I just read or infer from these comments that he's no longer living?
#291991 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:52 pm
Phuk off Mr Hanky from my observations you probably wash feet down at the toenail shop,
or sale perfume at a kiosk in the mall.

Go back to the trailer and cool off. :lol:

Or keep on showing how lame you really are :oops:
#291996 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:18 pm
schmedidiah wrote:Did I just read or infer from these comments that he's no longer living?


No. You want me to ask him if it's ok for me to give you his # and you can call him up and tell him what an AWSOME player he is.
He is in his 70s... STILL AMAZING.
Better than some of my guitar heroes. Hope you had a chance to give him a listen.
#292003 by schmedidiah
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:01 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Did I just read or infer from these comments that he's no longer living?


No. You want me to ask him if it's ok for me to give you his # and you can call him up and tell him what an AWSOME player he is.
He is in his 70s... STILL AMAZING.
Better than some of my guitar heroes. Hope you had a chance to give him a listen.


I listened to his music, complimented him on it, shared it on social media..... and then like the total bitch he is, he told me my music sucks in the middle of a political discussion. so if he ain't dead, I got nothin nice to say about him. pay your internet bill, deadbeat! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#292009 by Jahva
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:28 pm
Yeah... kind of a strange post does make it sound like he's passed... :shock: So he just quit coming around here... it happens.
Slacker just like most here stood by his political and religious convictions. Didn't agree with certain views but I never voiced it to him. I'd rather just enjoy what I enjoy than find chit we don't agree on... and knit pick who is right or wrong.
Bottom line Dude can play the git! and he has some cool azz hair! :lol: 8)
One time he payed me a compliment on a song... was encouraging coming from him.
Always respected his playing... :)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests