This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290731 by Jahva
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:07 pm
:shock: In case you missed this one... been pretty controversial as a topic. Freaking some folks out.
Does feel a bit like a push to the PC narrative...
Basically.... normalizing Pedophiles
Some of the stats are pretty eye opening if you've never heard them before... like approximately 60 million pedophiles exist world-wide.
The main push of the episode is pedophiles didn't choose to be this way... most never act on their desires... one of the main causes for these individuals to act out is they turn to isolation because they can't talk about it to anyone. None of us are responsible for our feelings just our actions.. we should as a society accept them like so many others with mental illness that we try and help rather than banishing them to the closet... so to speak. But she also blames society for some of the child abuse because it's on us to accept them help them rather than shun banish them into isolation.

Ted Talks took down the original video because of the controversy it stirred up...
here's a copy of the broadcast someone recorded and posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn4ok_W ... bleReality
#290755 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:03 pm
Dr Gleen can tell us all about this stuff. He's a one man wrecking crew in the fight against child molesters. :lol:
#290762 by J-HALEY
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:02 pm
I guess Willie is back?
#290766 by J-HALEY
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:44 pm
You are.
#290784 by J-HALEY
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:40 pm
Al Coholic wrote:I play guitar, banjo, and lap steel. I'm trying out new names. I don't want to use my real name as my musician name because I have a low self worth. So I'm trying out Brent Troy. I was also think of being John Merle Reid. Both of the them are real ladies men and can get up there and make total asses of themselves and not care. I often sign up at open mics as Jack Inoff, Pat McGroan, Al Coholic, Dave N. Port, I. P. Freely, Ben Wankin Ben Dover, Sam Ashed ECT.

I'll just call you by your real name My Willie!
#290803 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:15 am
Al Coholic wrote:
yod wrote:pedal steel? awesome.....I'll call ya Jack.

:lol:

No I play lap steel. I'd to like play pedal but I don't own one and they cost like 3000 for a decent one. Also why does everyone keep calling me "my willie"?

There was a goofy spammer here. Now anyone who doesn't look sane gets the willie tag from paranoia

#290806 by schmedidiah
Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:51 pm
Al Coholic wrote:
yod wrote:pedal steel? awesome.....I'll call ya Jack.

:lol:

No I play lap steel. I'd to like play pedal but I don't own one and they cost like 3000 for a decent one. Also why does everyone keep calling me "my willie"?

Al Coholic wrote:It's ok I'm really just that former user who shared a name with that long haired country musician who plays a beat up guitar named trigger and smokes pot. Long live that guy!!!
#290809 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
Al Coholic wrote:It's ok I'm really just that former user who shared a name with that long haired country musician who plays a beat up guitar named trigger and smokes pot. Long live that guy!!!

oh....that's Wille