This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290792 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:36 pm
Jahva wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:Where's the outrage?

A WHITE MAN killed his whole family in Colorado this past week. BAN WHITE MEN FROM AMERIKA!

The point of the outrage wasn't the mans race... although some would like to believe that. Some want you to believe that.
How about simply... he is an illegal immigrant. Came here unlawfully and killed someone. How is that even comparable to what crime a us citizen committed?

Because people are using the Tibbets murder to further their agenda of anti-immigration and wall-building.
#290799 by Vampier
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:21 am
Guitar mike ... you should listen to Jahva but you will not ... why ? Why is the reason you are pretty much wrong about everything. You and smut deserve one another.
#290800 by MikeTalbot
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:43 am
Illegal Aliens have nothing to do with immigrants or immigration, period. They are criminals from the git go. It's time to take back the language.

Talbot
#290808 by schmedidiah
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:30 pm
Vampier wrote: Gleen and I deserve one another.

:lol:
#290822 by Jahva
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:46 pm
Mike I have a friend named Richard... born in Mexico became a US citizen many years ago... He's a GC... runs a great home rehab business. Does work on a lot of expensive homes here in Charlotte... His wife is from Israel... also an immigrant now a US citizen. These are good people working hard doing things right.
I work with legal immigrants every day... I can give you a ton of stories of people who do it right.

The guy who killed Mollie... not the same story. How he got here was wrong...
That needs to be fixed
I don't care nor does it seem anyone else here care what his race or nationality is... just how he got here.
You're the only one bringing race into the discussion...
If he was European or Australian or from China the discussion would be the same... an illegal immigrant killed a us citizen!
Still I don't like the politicizing of any of these tragedies but that horse got out of the barn long ago...
#290832 by J-HALEY
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:49 am
Jahva wrote:Mike I have a friend named Richard... born in Mexico became a US citizen many years ago... He's a GC... runs a great home rehab business. Does work on a lot of expensive homes here in Charlotte... His wife is from Israel... also an immigrant now a US citizen. These are good people working hard doing things right.
I work with legal immigrants every day... I can give you a ton of stories of people who do it right.

The guy who killed Mollie... not the same story. How he got here was wrong...
That needs to be fixed
I don't care nor does it seem anyone else here care what his race or nationality is... just how he got here.
You're the only one bringing race into the discussion...
If he was European or Australian or from China the discussion would be the same... an illegal immigrant killed a us citizen!
Still I don't like the politicizing of any of these tragedies but that horse got out of the barn long ago...

The problem imo Jahva is that your friend is more the exception than the rule. I have a family member who immigrated to this country legally. He rants and raves on social media constantly about how we need to abolish ICE and we should have open borders. He is constantly harbouring and then sponsoring illegals. The preferential treatment of foreigner nationals over American citizens blows my mind and is the thing liberals like MikeB, Mark politicize/exploit in furthering their agenda.
#290836 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:08 pm
J-HALEY wrote:[quoteThe problem imo Jahva is that your friend is more the exception than the rule. I have a family member who immigrated to this country legally. He rants and raves on social media constantly about how we need to abolish ICE and we should have open borders. He is constantly harbouring and then sponsoring illegals. The preferential treatment of foreigner nationals over American citizens blows my mind and is the thing liberals like MikeB, Mark politicize/exploit in furthering their agenda.

You are so far off base on this Haley, you need to get your head out of the sand (or your ass). Why would you possibly think that Mark or I have an 'agenda' to allow illegal aliens into the country? You're just reading what you want to read into our posts, not what we've actually said.
If your 'family member' is 'harboring and sponsoring' illegals (whatever you mean by that), then why don't YOU turn him in to ICE?
And to say the people Jahva mentions are the 'exception not the rule? Really? Not too prejudiced an outlook, huh? :roll:
#290837 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:12 pm
Jahva wrote:You're the only one bringing race into the discussion...

What? Not me! If you mean my comment about the 'white guy in Colorado' that was meant as 'sarcasm to point out the obvious': Because people are using the Tibbets murder to further their agenda of anti-immigration and wall-building.
#290839 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:06 pm
BUILD THAT WALL!
#290841 by Jahva
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:29 pm
"What? Not me! If you mean my comment about the 'white guy in Colorado' that was meant as 'sarcasm to point out the obvious': Because people are using the Tibbets murder to further their agenda of anti-immigration and wall-building."

Sorry MikeB I missed that... thought you were serious.

The "Wall" already exists.. well fencing. If it were just more fencing would you be ok with that? There are places around the world that use walls and fencing as a deterrent... don't really understand why is this such a scary thing to the Left? Why do you make it about race rather than security?
And yeah if you put it up along the Mexican border... its purpose is to keep out illegals crossing and yeah the majority of them are Mexicans. Why is that a problem?

I don't know what the norm is... I would guess more immigrants are getting through legally than illegals. We just have an enormous existing problem ranging from 11-20 million illegals. That's one big issue.
In all my years of dealing with the hundreds of immigrants I've only been involved with 2 deportations... both started out legal then they broke the rules... Neither fought it they knew they were wrong and left... Still keep in touch with them.
When I lived in California... I bar-tended for a few years. We had about 15 Mexican immigrants... most of them couldn't speak English and were just laborers. There would typically be one or two individuals that translated to keep things moving along. Most of them lived together saved as much money as they could and would send it back home to their families. Looking back at it... they weren't assimilating here... they just did what they had to to get by. Living very meagerly, sending money home then eventually head back to Mexico.
#290845 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:38 pm
Most of the Mexicans around here are hard working and have a little spending cash

I only know 2 tried and proven lines in Mexican

1. "Hello"
2. "Can I put that in a bag for you?"

Wait I know three lines in Mexican

3. "cash only"
#290847 by J-HALEY
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:25 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Where's the outrage?

A WHITE MAN killed his whole family in Colorado this past week. BAN WHITE MEN FROM AMERIKA!

Mike here is one quick example. You are a LIBERAL, you support the liberal agenda. You call everyone a racist as you just suggested I am. You seem awfully angry these days.
#290850 by Mordgeld
Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:46 pm
I think everyone agrees that our immigration system needs to be fixed. The problem I see is that everyone has their pet exception that has to come before the rule of law. Refugee this, dreamer that, and so on. I'm not saying that those things shouldn't be discussed. But, you know, if you water down my whiskey, it ain't whiskey. There is no solution anymore that isn't going to create a massive amount of butt-hurt. If you 'water it down', it isn't real policy and it won't work.
#290852 by schmedidiah
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:37 pm
Hey here's a fact I think anyone with a brain can agree on right now. It costs $0.00 to not be creepy to that dead girl's family about this. I guess that's just too much for some people to comprehend. :roll: