This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290184 by Jahva
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:41 pm
From a psychological perspective...
Academy of Ideas is a You tube channel I follow... if you're into Freud, Jung, Nietzsche...
I find it helps make sense of the chaos going on around us... among other things. I promise you it's not Alex Jones crazy chit... :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUcXK_ ... emyofIdeas
#290190 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:27 pm
Can't really watch it from Panera at the moment. But the secret of Dictators is that they convince one group they are the victims of another group and get those people fighting each other to "divide and conquor". Lies do their dirty work, and anger is sooooo easy to manipulate. Just look at the season of war we've had at Bandmix lately with people baiting each other with anger. The lesson should be that we never allow ourselves to think we are victims.

Just like Obama starting strife between us all for the last decade, and so very few noticed who threw out the bouncing ball we are all fighting over....which includes Trump.

If you (plural: no one in particular) supported Barak Obama then Trump is YOUR fault. Quit blaming the Russians. Though I voted for this lesser-evil-than-Hillary, I have noted that he knows how to manipulate the anger of average Americans better than any I've seen, even if Obama was a smoother liar.

For now, he's the greatest President since Reagan, who was a lot more stable and graceful in speech. But I remind all my right-leaning friends that power corrupts and it's only a matter of time before absolute power corrupts absolutely. So I support him for now....but under no illusions that he could not go south rather quickly.

The first requirement of freedom is vigilance.

#290213 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:27 pm
yod wrote:For now, he's the greatest President since Reagan, who was a lot more stable and graceful in speech. .

Are you that blind?

1. Reagan Supplied Weapons to America's Enemies

He armed Saddam Hussein's Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war despite the fact that it was widely known Iraq was using chemical weapons against civilian populations in violation of international law.

2. Reagan Ignored the Atrocities Committed by Saddam Hussein

Even after the whole world condemned Saddam Hussein for using chemical weapons to kill over 5,000 Kurdish civilians in Iraq, the Reagan administration continued to provide weapons and tactical information to Iraq. Iraq used this information to target its enemies with chemical weapons. Reagan even vetoed a UN resolution condemning Iraq.

3. Reagan Illegally Supplied Arms to Both Sides of the Iran-Iraq War

While he was supplying Iraq with weapons, Reagan also armed Iran during the Iran-Iraq War in direct violation of a U.S. law that he had signed.

4. Reagan Caved in to the Demands of Terrorists

After several Americans were taken hostage by terrorists in Lebanon, Reagan provided weapons to Iran in exchange for their release. Despite this concession, ultimately more hostages were taken.

5. Reagan Caved in to the Demands of Terrorists Again

After Reagan sent Marines to Beirut for a peacekeeping mission, a terrorist’s truck bomb killed 241 U.S. Marines. Reagan responded by immediately doing exactly what the terrorists wanted, pulling all the troops out of Beirut.

6. Reagan Was Weak in the War on Terrorism

After the bombing of the US Marine Corps barracks in Beirut, Reagan promised to track down and punish the terrorists who committed that horrible act. He never followed up on that promise.

7. Reagan Didn't Obey His Own Laws

He illegally supplied weapons to Nicaraguan rebels in violation of a law that he himself had signed.

8. Reagan Supported the Violent Overthrow of a Democratically Elected Government

He illegally supported the Nicaraguan Contras, whom he called “Freedom Fighters,” despite the fact that they killed civilians and wanted to overthrow the democratically elected government to restore the dictatorship that previously existed in Nicaragua.

9. Reagan Started an Unnecessary War to Divert Attention From His Failure in Beirut

Just days after the bombing that killed 241 Marines in Beirut, Reagan launched an attack on the island of Grenada to remove Cuban soldiers there. This successfully took attention away from the devastating loss of those Marines in Beirut.

10. Reagan Failed to Defend US From Saddam Hussein

When an Iraqi fighter jet fired a missile into a U.S. Navy ship in 1987, killing 37 men, Reagan did nothing in response to the attack. Iraq is still the only non-allied country to attack a U.S. warship without retaliation.

11. Reagan Helped Create Al Qaeda

The Reagan administration armed and supported the Mujahideen rebels in Afghanistan. Many members of the Mujahideen, like Osama bin Laden, used their experience in Afghanistan to help them form the terrorist organization Al Qaeda.

12. Reagan Supported the Racist Apartheid Government in South Africa

When the white minority in South Africa (just 10% of the population) brutally repressed the black majority, even denying them the right to vote, the U.S. Congress overwhelmingly passed the Anti-Apartheid Act of 1986 to apply pressure to South Africa to end Apartheid. But President Reagan opposed any sanctions on South Africa and vetoed that bill. Congress was forced to override his veto.

13. Reagan Supported the Most Brutal Dictators in the World as Long as He Didn't Consider Them “Communists”

•He supported Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega. Later, when Noriega became too close with Fidel Castro, we suddenly considered him an enemy and removed him from power.
•He supported Saddam Hussein when he committed the most brutal atrocities on Earth, killing thousands of his own people. Years later, when Saddam threatened our oil supply, we used these same atrocities as reasons to go to war with him.
•He supported Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos even after Marcos killed his political rival and rigged his own reelection.
•He supported the brutal regime in El Salvador when it was widely known that they were killing civilians, including Americans. After four American nuns were murdered by Salvadorian soldiers, Reagan’s Secretary of State defended the Salvadorians, suggesting that the nuns might have been shot while trying to run a military roadblock—but this wouldn't explain why they were also raped before they were killed.

14. Reagan’s Administration Had More Documented Corruption Than Any President in U.S. History

At least 138 Reagan administration officials, including several cabinet members, were investigated for, indicted for, or convicted of crimes. This is the largest number of any U.S. President. Many of them were pardoned by Reagan or President Bush before they could even stand trial.

•Secretary of the Interior James Watt —Indicted on 21 felonies
•Attorney General Edwin Meese —Resigned after investigations of corruption
•Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger—Charged with Iran-Contra crimes and pardoned before going to trial
•Assistant Secretary of State Elliot Abrams—Plea bargained for Iran-Contra crimes and pardoned by President Bush
•Two National Security Advisors Robert MacFarlane and John Poindexter—Pleaded guilty to Iran-Contra crimes and were pardoned
•Three high ranking CIA officials, Alan Fiers, Clair George, and Joseph Fernandez —Convicted and pardoned for Iran-Contra crimes
•At least nine Reagan appointees were convicted of perjury, lying to Congress, obstruction of Congress, or contempt of Congress

15. Reagan Frequently Repeated Bald-Faced Lies Even After They Were Publicly Revealed to Be Untrue

•He told stories about having been a U.S. Army photographer assigned to film Nazi death camps. Reagan never visited or filmed any such camps.
•He often told a story about a “Chicago Welfare Queen” who had 80 aliases and gotten $150,000 in welfare. She never existed but investigators did find one woman who had two aliases and received $8,000. Still, Reagan continued to tell the false version of the story.
•He claimed that trees create more pollution than automobiles, an absurdly untrue statement that he literally pulled out of thin air.

16. Reagan Set Records for Budget Deficits

After criticizing President Carter for having a $50 billion deficit, Reagan’s own deficits exceeded $200 billion. He tripled the national debt in only eight years. Although Republicans blamed Congress for the deficits, all eight of the budgets Congress passed had less spending and smaller deficits than the budgets proposed by Reagan.

17. Reagan's Economic Policies Put Millions of Americans out of Work

When he took office in 1981, unemployment was at 7.5% and dropping. A few months after his economic policies took effect, unemployment began to rise again. Millions of people continued to lose their jobs for the next two years until unemployment exceeded 10%. It stayed above 10% for nearly a year, peaking at 10.8%. Three years after he was elected, unemployment was still higher than when he was sworn in.

18. Reagan’s Policies Allowed Hundreds of Thousands of Family Farms to Go out of Business or Declare Bankruptcy

By some accounts, nearly one third of all farms were at risk of being foreclosed during the 1980s. Reagan vetoed a farm credit bill that would have given farmers some relief. His popularity among farmers dropped so low that at one point when discussing the exportation of grain to other countries, Reagan joked that he would like to “keep the grain and export the farmers."

19. Reagan’s Financial Policies Caused the Savings and Loan Industry to Collapse

The financial deregulation and changes to the tax code that President Reagan enacted ultimately caused nearly 750 different financial institutions to fail. This cost taxpayers about $150 billion.

20. Reagan Robbed the Social Security Trust Fund to Pay for His Budget Shortfalls

After Reagan cut taxes for the rich, the tax revenue to fund the government was so small that the budget deficit grew to four times what it had been under Jimmy Carter. So Reagan “borrowed” hundreds of billions of dollars from the Social Security trust fund to pay the country’s bills. That money has never been paid back.

21. Reagan Largely Ignored the AIDS Epidemic while Tens of Thousands of People Were Dying of the Disease

Many conservatives in the 1980s believed that AIDS was God’s punishment for being gay. Ronald Reagan did not publicly talk about AIDS until the 6th year of his presidency. In 1986, when AIDS fatalities were doubling every year, Reagan proposed cuts in funding for AIDS research.
#290214 by Jahva
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:49 pm
And we're off...
Your guy sucks... yeah well your guy sucks even more..
:lol:

You forgot about the Reform Act... that gave Amnesty to a couple million illegals... or was that ok?
Let's see.... Hey Google show me every chitty thing a President has done since I was born... then my computer exploded...
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Did you find nothing in your search that he did that you agree with... is the totality of his service all negative?

Does the over-all good ever outweigh the bad?
Is that possible?
#290217 by schmedidiah
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:03 pm
Jesus Christ Mike. Took me like 3 minutes to scroll past that copypasta. :lol:
#290222 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:13 pm
Reagan did start the "War on Drugs"...…..and "Just Say No" to high priced drugs.

I was lucky, when I was in the military Jimmie Carter was president, he never started no sh*t
#290223 by Jahva
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:36 pm
Honestly Mike that reads like either
A: you've been collecting dirt for a long time :shock:
or
B: You just looked for a list of chitty things the Repubs. ignore about their Pseudo-Gawd RR

Wasn't the intent of the thread... but maybe take one point or so and walk through it rather than rush a laundry list and expect anyone to respond... or you could quadruple space every line and make it even longer.. :o :roll:

Did you watch the vid.?
#290245 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:28 pm
Jahva wrote:Honestly Mike that reads like either
or
B: You just looked for a list of chitty things the Repubs. ignore about their Pseudo-Gawd RR

Wasn't the intent of the thread... but maybe take one point or so and walk through it rather than rush a laundry list and expect anyone to respond... or you could quadruple space every line and make it even longer.. :o :roll:

Did you watch the vid.?

It was a reply to Yod's statement that he (t-rump) was the greatest president since Reagan.
No, I don't have time (or the inclination) to watch conspiracy videos.
#290247 by Jahva
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:43 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Jahva wrote:Honestly Mike that reads like either
or

Did you watch the vid.?

It was a reply to Yod's statement that he (t-rump) was the greatest president since Reagan.
No, I don't have time (or the inclination) to watch conspiracy videos.

Conspiracy video... :lol: :lol: wtf are you talking about?
It's about a guy who as a laborer for decades gives his view on the immigrant workers in Cali. he actually speaks very favorably about them. You think that's a conspiracy video?
You guys are all stuck in your lil bubbles and can't open your minds the least to hear what others outside see going on.
The truth doesn't set people free it scares angers and embarrasses the chit out of them. Especially if they happen to find something that they've been believing is not the truth...
#290250 by J-HALEY
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:29 pm
Jahva, that's the typical close minded liberal response. They have their heads stuck in the sand and will only listen to FAKE NEWS. Any other perspective to them is so outrageous they don't want to hear it. What cracks me up is when they start running down conservatives with their ideology most of what they say is what THEY are doing. That is the problem with this country at this particular time we are so incredibly polarized. Ted said it best in one of his post yesterday it is a divide and conquer thing.
#290251 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:46 pm
The masses want to be manipulated, and some just plain told what to do.

You go to school, like they tell you, you work a job, like they tell you, you buy your groceries and clothing
from big stores that are at least complicit. You work till your 62 or 65 then you take their retirement and
loive a pauper's life till you die.

And it's only getting worse.

Definite lack of free thinkers.
#290254 by Jahva
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:08 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Jahva, that's the typical close minded liberal response. They have their heads stuck in the sand and will only listen to FAKE NEWS. Any other perspective to them is so outrageous they don't want to hear it. What cracks me up is when they start running down conservatives with their ideology most of what they say is what THEY are doing. That is the problem with this country at this particular time we are so incredibly polarized. Ted said it best in one of his post yesterday it is a divide and conquer thing.

Yeah the video is about the psychological approach to divide and conquer. And how it's being used today as much as the past. It's not a Conservative or Liberal thing.. it's a power/control thing.

As for MikeB comment...
May be so...
Just the same I know it's difficult for Conservatives...to call BS when they see it.
But it's liberating as hell to not be controlled by one specific ideology.

I'm sure you are familiar with Ben Shapiro.. one of the things he suggest is to call out your own when you don't agree. Was very refreshing to hear him say this even if I don't agree with all of his politics.
He's not a Trump fan when he feels he is wrong and he is when he feels he's doing something right....

Eample even though the media pulled every heart string they could when the families were being separated at the border and fabricated some things... it was still wrong.
Yeah people broke the law
But taking babies from moms?
Even if it was intentional as a deterrent to prevent others from thinking about coming here illegally... way wrong.
But as I was saying before the truth can be a tough pill...
I was thinking about the love and loyalty people had for JoPa and when that scandal hit... man people just refused to believe. Loyalty and love for someone or some thing can really take control over us... and it sucks even hurts when you find out you were wrong.
No one is above reproach and certainly no ideology...
#290260 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:48 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Jahva, that's the typical close minded liberal response. They have their heads stuck in the sand and will only listen to FAKE NEWS. Any other perspective to them is so outrageous they don't want to hear it. What cracks me up is when they start running down conservatives with their ideology most of what they say is what THEY are doing. That is the problem with this country at this particular time we are so incredibly polarized. Ted said it best in one of his post yesterday it is a divide and conquer thing.

And that's exactly what the Russian socialmedia intrusion leading up to the 2016 elections (and further) was doing - "Dividing and conquering". Yet "there was no collusion" right?
SPouting 'Fake NEws' all the time Haley, you're no better than T-rump.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/p ... ian-lawyer
#290263 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:08 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:

And that's exactly what the Russian socialmedia intrusion leading up to the 2016 elections (and further) was doing - "Dividing and conquering". Yet "there was no collusion" right?

NO NO NO!!!

HE IS AS GOOD AS TRUMP!

ON TOP OF THAT! ...
This a musician forum according to all that complain about Jeff. !

He is and will always be ONE AWESOME MUSICIAN!

Anyone have a problem with that?
#290264 by Mordgeld
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:21 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:

Social media intrusion? Collusion? These are all fake crimes with no legal standing. I doubt any of the Russian representatives that showed up and asked for trial will be ruled against as Mueller will not allow discovery. This whole investigation is instigated based on a FISA warrant obtained with a fraudulent document obtained from Russian sources. So if Hillary's campaign paid for said document to be produced and passed to the FBI, would she then also be guilty of collusion with the Russians? Or would that be sedition? They still legally have nothing on Trump.