This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290265 by schmedidiah
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:Jahva, that's the typical close minded liberal response. They have their heads stuck in the sand and will only listen to FAKE NEWS. Any other perspective to them is so outrageous they don't want to hear it. What cracks me up is when they start running down conservatives with their ideology most of what they say is what THEY are doing. That is the problem with this country at this particular time we are so incredibly polarized. Ted said it best in one of his post yesterday it is a divide and conquer thing.

And that's exactly what the Russian socialmedia intrusion leading up to the 2016 elections (and further) was doing - "Dividing and conquering". Yet "there was no collusion" right?
SPouting 'Fake NEws' all the time Haley, you're no better than T-rump.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/p ... ian-lawyer

NO NO NO!!!

HE IS AS GOOD AS TRUMP!

ON TOP OF THAT! ...
This a musician forum according to all that complain about Jeff. !

He is and will always be ONE AWESOME MUSICIAN!

Anyone have a problem with that?

Yeah. Means absolutely nothing. Next?

:lol:
#290269 by MikeTalbot
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:44 am
Gmike

Where do you think Sadaam got the poison gas? He was our proxy in the war against Iran and any one else he was mad at. He was our ally at the time and a fool to trust us.

Bush I specifically excluded Kurdish areas from the no fly zone after Gulf War I allow Sadaam to massacre Kurds with his helicopter gunships. Kurds who in their naivete were cheering loudly for Bush as their hero.

Clinton bombed Iraq whenever the mood took him or he had political issues. Half a million Iraqi kids died from his embargo but Madeline Albright announced that was 'acceptable.'

Then Bush II finished the job. Because the Saudis had knocked down our towers Bush II attacked Iraq and millions of deluded people cheered him on. Net gain to America? Zero.

Talbot
#290270 by Jahva
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:49 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Gmike

Where do you think Sadaam got the poison gas? He was our proxy in the war against Iran and any one else he was mad at. He was our ally at the time and a fool to trust us.

Bush I specifically excluded Kurdish areas from the no fly zone after Gulf War I allow Sadaam to massacre Kurds with his helicopter gunships. Kurds who in their naivete were cheering loudly for Bush as their hero.

Clinton bombed Iraq whenever the mood took him or he had political issues. Half a million Iraqi kids died from his embargo but Madeline Albright announced that was 'acceptable.'

Then Bush II finished the job. Because the Saudis had knocked down our towers Bush II attacked Iraq and millions of deluded people cheered him on. Net gain to America? Zero.

Talbot

Well if you're keeping score Obama was responsible for the bombings in 6 Muslim countries during his 2 terms including 26k bombs dropped in 2016 alone... good thing we weren't at war. :lol:
#290276 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:
yod wrote:For now, he's the greatest President since Reagan, who was a lot more stable and graceful in speech. .

Are you that blind?

1. Reagan Supplied Weapons to America's Enemies

He armed Saddam Hussein's Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war despite the fact that it was widely known Iraq was using chemical weapons against civilian populations in violation of international law.

2. Reagan Ignored the Atrocities Committed by Saddam Hussein

Even after the whole world condemned Saddam Hussein for using chemical weapons to kill over 5,000 Kurdish civilians in Iraq, the Reagan administration continued to provide weapons and tactical information to Iraq. Iraq used this information to target its enemies with chemical weapons. Reagan even vetoed a UN resolution condemning Iraq.

3. Reagan Illegally Supplied Arms to Both Sides of the Iran-Iraq War

While he was supplying Iraq with weapons, Reagan also armed Iran during the Iran-Iraq War in direct violation of a U.S. law that he had signed.

4. Reagan Caved in to the Demands of Terrorists

After several Americans were taken hostage by terrorists in Lebanon, Reagan provided weapons to Iran in exchange for their release. Despite this concession, ultimately more hostages were taken.

5. Reagan Caved in to the Demands of Terrorists Again

After Reagan sent Marines to Beirut for a peacekeeping mission, a terrorist’s truck bomb killed 241 U.S. Marines. Reagan responded by immediately doing exactly what the terrorists wanted, pulling all the troops out of Beirut.

6. Reagan Was Weak in the War on Terrorism

After the bombing of the US Marine Corps barracks in Beirut, Reagan promised to track down and punish the terrorists who committed that horrible act. He never followed up on that promise.

7. Reagan Didn't Obey His Own Laws

He illegally supplied weapons to Nicaraguan rebels in violation of a law that he himself had signed.

8. Reagan Supported the Violent Overthrow of a Democratically Elected Government

He illegally supported the Nicaraguan Contras, whom he called “Freedom Fighters,” despite the fact that they killed civilians and wanted to overthrow the democratically elected government to restore the dictatorship that previously existed in Nicaragua.

9. Reagan Started an Unnecessary War to Divert Attention From His Failure in Beirut

Just days after the bombing that killed 241 Marines in Beirut, Reagan launched an attack on the island of Grenada to remove Cuban soldiers there. This successfully took attention away from the devastating loss of those Marines in Beirut.

10. Reagan Failed to Defend US From Saddam Hussein

When an Iraqi fighter jet fired a missile into a U.S. Navy ship in 1987, killing 37 men, Reagan did nothing in response to the attack. Iraq is still the only non-allied country to attack a U.S. warship without retaliation.

11. Reagan Helped Create Al Qaeda

The Reagan administration armed and supported the Mujahideen rebels in Afghanistan. Many members of the Mujahideen, like Osama bin Laden, used their experience in Afghanistan to help them form the terrorist organization Al Qaeda.

12. Reagan Supported the Racist Apartheid Government in South Africa

When the white minority in South Africa (just 10% of the population) brutally repressed the black majority, even denying them the right to vote, the U.S. Congress overwhelmingly passed the Anti-Apartheid Act of 1986 to apply pressure to South Africa to end Apartheid. But President Reagan opposed any sanctions on South Africa and vetoed that bill. Congress was forced to override his veto.

13. Reagan Supported the Most Brutal Dictators in the World as Long as He Didn't Consider Them “Communists”

•He supported Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega. Later, when Noriega became too close with Fidel Castro, we suddenly considered him an enemy and removed him from power.
•He supported Saddam Hussein when he committed the most brutal atrocities on Earth, killing thousands of his own people. Years later, when Saddam threatened our oil supply, we used these same atrocities as reasons to go to war with him.
•He supported Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos even after Marcos killed his political rival and rigged his own reelection.
•He supported the brutal regime in El Salvador when it was widely known that they were killing civilians, including Americans. After four American nuns were murdered by Salvadorian soldiers, Reagan’s Secretary of State defended the Salvadorians, suggesting that the nuns might have been shot while trying to run a military roadblock—but this wouldn't explain why they were also raped before they were killed.

14. Reagan’s Administration Had More Documented Corruption Than Any President in U.S. History

At least 138 Reagan administration officials, including several cabinet members, were investigated for, indicted for, or convicted of crimes. This is the largest number of any U.S. President. Many of them were pardoned by Reagan or President Bush before they could even stand trial.

•Secretary of the Interior James Watt —Indicted on 21 felonies
•Attorney General Edwin Meese —Resigned after investigations of corruption
•Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger—Charged with Iran-Contra crimes and pardoned before going to trial
•Assistant Secretary of State Elliot Abrams—Plea bargained for Iran-Contra crimes and pardoned by President Bush
•Two National Security Advisors Robert MacFarlane and John Poindexter—Pleaded guilty to Iran-Contra crimes and were pardoned
•Three high ranking CIA officials, Alan Fiers, Clair George, and Joseph Fernandez —Convicted and pardoned for Iran-Contra crimes
•At least nine Reagan appointees were convicted of perjury, lying to Congress, obstruction of Congress, or contempt of Congress

15. Reagan Frequently Repeated Bald-Faced Lies Even After They Were Publicly Revealed to Be Untrue

•He told stories about having been a U.S. Army photographer assigned to film Nazi death camps. Reagan never visited or filmed any such camps.
•He often told a story about a “Chicago Welfare Queen” who had 80 aliases and gotten $150,000 in welfare. She never existed but investigators did find one woman who had two aliases and received $8,000. Still, Reagan continued to tell the false version of the story.
•He claimed that trees create more pollution than automobiles, an absurdly untrue statement that he literally pulled out of thin air.

16. Reagan Set Records for Budget Deficits

After criticizing President Carter for having a $50 billion deficit, Reagan’s own deficits exceeded $200 billion. He tripled the national debt in only eight years. Although Republicans blamed Congress for the deficits, all eight of the budgets Congress passed had less spending and smaller deficits than the budgets proposed by Reagan.

17. Reagan's Economic Policies Put Millions of Americans out of Work

When he took office in 1981, unemployment was at 7.5% and dropping. A few months after his economic policies took effect, unemployment began to rise again. Millions of people continued to lose their jobs for the next two years until unemployment exceeded 10%. It stayed above 10% for nearly a year, peaking at 10.8%. Three years after he was elected, unemployment was still higher than when he was sworn in.

18. Reagan’s Policies Allowed Hundreds of Thousands of Family Farms to Go out of Business or Declare Bankruptcy

By some accounts, nearly one third of all farms were at risk of being foreclosed during the 1980s. Reagan vetoed a farm credit bill that would have given farmers some relief. His popularity among farmers dropped so low that at one point when discussing the exportation of grain to other countries, Reagan joked that he would like to “keep the grain and export the farmers."

19. Reagan’s Financial Policies Caused the Savings and Loan Industry to Collapse

The financial deregulation and changes to the tax code that President Reagan enacted ultimately caused nearly 750 different financial institutions to fail. This cost taxpayers about $150 billion.

20. Reagan Robbed the Social Security Trust Fund to Pay for His Budget Shortfalls

After Reagan cut taxes for the rich, the tax revenue to fund the government was so small that the budget deficit grew to four times what it had been under Jimmy Carter. So Reagan “borrowed” hundreds of billions of dollars from the Social Security trust fund to pay the country’s bills. That money has never been paid back.

21. Reagan Largely Ignored the AIDS Epidemic while Tens of Thousands of People Were Dying of the Disease

Many conservatives in the 1980s believed that AIDS was God’s punishment for being gay. Ronald Reagan did not publicly talk about AIDS until the 6th year of his presidency. In 1986, when AIDS fatalities were doubling every year, Reagan proposed cuts in funding for AIDS research.

You got that straight from Obama, didn't you? This is merely DNC talking points, not much actual truthful reporting in this propaganda.

I'm more concerned about right vs wrong than legal vs illegal so most of those things I would approve of. At the time it was the right thing to do and Democrats were blocking us from supporting our allies fighting communists in Central America. It's silly that you say Reagan had "more documented corruption" as if Obama getting caught abusing the IRS, FBI, CIA, race baiting, organizing street gangs like Occupy, ACORN, BLM, etc etc etc and paying off terrorist nations with billions in cash delivered by night is a good thing.

That kind of treason isn't even comparable to supplying arms to fight communists in Central America against the will of Democrats in Congress ONLY. The American people overwhelmingly didn't think Reagan did anything wrong....just like Russian collusion today. More bullshit from Leftists who only have lies in the tool box.

And most of those allegations and accusations and trumped up charges??? Gimme a break!?! Democrats have always used scurrilous accusations with unnamed sources" as a means of impugning the character of someone who has truth on their side. Nothing has changed in that regard....lies, bald-faced lies, half-lies, untruths, whatever you want to call it.

Though I disagree with the premise of blaming almost all of this on Reagan....even if he was actually guilty of ALL THAT AND THEN MULTIPLIED BY THREE....he's still the greatest President we've had until now.

That is more of a reflection of just how pitifully awful the Presidents have been since then.

#290287 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:30 pm
Jahva wrote:From a psychological perspective...
Academy of Ideas is a You tube channel I follow... if you're into Freud, Jung, Nietzsche...
I find it helps make sense of the chaos going on around us... among other things. I promise you it's not Alex Jones crazy chit... :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUcXK_ ... emyofIdeas

I watched/listened to this last night.
I'm not a Freud fan, some of his work was logically correct, but much was speculative and only true in a percentage of people (patients).
Bernay's 'group mind' work was more apropos in the time he was actively working, but still was a solid foundation for Mad Ave and public relations. Not so sure about how the group mind philosophy works with modern people. Moreso with those who are less-educated, I guess, but there's certainly evidence (most especially here on BM, but I've also seen it on other social media) of people buying into the propaganda-driven ideas.
Those here who continually accuse me of touting the 'left falsehoods' might be surprised in how many things right of middleground I actually support - but they seem to be too blinded by tier own 'right falsehoods' to think for themselves.
#290290 by Jahva
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:03 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Jahva wrote:From a psychological perspective...
Academy of Ideas is a You tube channel I follow... if you're into Freud, Jung, Nietzsche...
I find it helps make sense of the chaos going on around us... among other things. I promise you it's not Alex Jones crazy chit... :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUcXK_ ... emyofIdeas

I watched/listened to this last night.
I'm not a Freud fan, some of his work was logically correct, but much was speculative and only true in a percentage of people (patients).
Bernay's 'group mind' work was more apropos in the time he was actively working, but still was a solid foundation for Mad Ave and public relations. Not so sure about how the group mind philosophy works with modern people. Moreso with those who are less-educated, I guess, but there's certainly evidence (most especially here on BM, but I've also seen it on other social media) of people buying into the propaganda-driven ideas.
Those here who continually accuse me of touting the 'left falsehoods' might be surprised in how many things right of middleground I actually support - but they seem to be too blinded by tier own 'right falsehoods' to think for themselves.

Really more of a Nietzsche fan... and those that followed him.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
Friedrich Nietzsche

I'd rather find common ground with people... yeah it will eventually lead to the differences. But a much easier place to start.
You for or against current DACA recipients being allowed to stay and given a true path to citizenship?
#290296 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:09 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Those here who continually accuse me of touting the 'left falsehoods' might be surprised in how many things right of middleground I actually support - but they seem to be too blinded by tier own 'right falsehoods' to think for themselves.

If there was some consistent logic to your position it would be visible. But it isn't.....

You support violent groups dedicated to the overthrow of a free republic, while railing against the elected representatives of others for not capitulating to the violent leftists.

You repeat propaganda without critical analysis for veracity. We all eventually get caught in that trap in this era of fake news, so thats completely forgivable but when it's proven wrong and even that doesn't change your position then, yea, you come across as not really interested in what is true but what is most politically expedient for the Lefties trying to destroy America.

....and as long as there are enough people like you to tip an election, you're going to get the equal and opposite reaction from the Alex Jones crowd. That's how Democracy works, like it or not.

But please keep blaming the Russians to keep yourself from arriving at a solution that would help the Left win.

#290298 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:33 pm
Align yourself with the Tao
#290303 by Jahva
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:53 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Align yourself with the Tao

Ever read the Tao of Pooh... LD
My favorite quote "I think therefore I am... confused." :lol:
Benjamin Hoff
#290306 by Jahva
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:05 pm
Mike you support violent groups dedicated to overthrow our Republic? :shock: :lol: :lol:
Funny to even type that... love to hear this one. Are you really a Russian Bot.. Antifa sympathizer... or just an old school Commie.
:mrgreen:
#290313 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:50 pm
Jahva wrote:Mike you support violent groups dedicated to overthrow our Republic? :shock: :lol: :lol:
Funny to even type that... love to hear this one. Are you really a Russian Bot.. Antifa sympathizer... or just an old school Commie.

Ted must have typed that. I've got him on 'ignore' now. Got tired of reading his constant insults that had no basis for fact, he just reads into things what he wants to read into them.

DACA - 'FOR' it has it was originally rolled out in 2012, against the expansion in 2014. My family immigrated legally (with a lot of work) in 1965. I brought my wife into the US in 2000 with TONS of work and a fair amount of cost, too.
#290318 by J-HALEY
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Jahva wrote:Mike you support violent groups dedicated to overthrow our Republic? :shock: :lol: :lol:

Ted must have typed that. I've got him on 'ignore' now. Got tired of reading his constant insults that had no basis for fact, he just reads into things what he wants to read into them.

DACA - 'FOR' it has it was originally rolled out in 2012, against the expansion in 2014. My family immigrated legally (with a lot of work) in 1965. I brought my wife into the US in 2000 with TONS of work and a fair amount of cost, too.

The truth hurts so much Mike doesn't even want to hear it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#290320 by Jahva
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:13 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:

I'm glad it's not easy to come into this country. I've spent the last 20 years working with immigrants... people that follow the rules and laws. And it's not easy for them. But the ones that do it right really take advantage of whatever opportunity they can find.
And in time I've seen it pay off for them... Many of them own homes have kids in college pay their taxes... and even get to go home to see their families almost every year. Most work hard and appreciate the opportunity to be here.. considering some of the places they've come from.
It's really impressive to see someone with little understanding of the language and culture here work hard and succeed. A friend/co-worker named Rafiq after about twenty years of working and saving putting his kids through school bought his first home at the age of 57. It was a very proud moment to him... and he said to me this is why I came here...
I said it before and I'll say it again the American dream does still exist... it's just never been a given to get it... It's not owed to any one without the hard work.

As for DACA Deffered action is/was nothing more than an Executive order... not really law. Was a band aid fix on a problem that Obama inherited... was never properly addressed through Congress and the current administration has tried to force the current Congress to act now and create a legal path for these immigrants.

I get it if you don't agree with the method using scare tactics to get them to pass something now... it's to the Democrats advantage to drag their feet on this one. Makes for a good talking point on how evil this man is wanting to deport all these dreamers... it's just BS if they pulled their heads out of their rears it would be a win win. But it's not in the Dems best interest that something so sensitive as DACA get resolved by this administration.

Funny thing with all of the talk of deportation Obama deported nearly 3 million and not a peep from anyone as it was happening... I believe he holds the record for a sitting President with the most deportations on his watch... Another point I'd make is some of the DACA kids parents were removed by Obama... not a peep.
#290327 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:05 pm
J-HALEY wrote:The truth hurts so much Mike doesn't even want to hear it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, wiseass- you tell me where I've shown support for 'violent groups dedicated to overthrowing the Republic'.
#290328 by schmedidiah
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm
So 12 - 14 years ago, the Republicans held the White House and both houses of Congress and couldn't get anything done on this due to the Glenny caucus. It'll never get fixed. Get used to it. At least most of you don't live as close to the border as I do. Feels like driving in Tijuana most days. :roll: