This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290074 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:43 pm
yeah, like appointing Ben Carson???? one more in an endless long line of unqualified appointments made by Trump.
#290077 by Mordgeld
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:58 pm
Planetguy wrote:yeah, like appointing Ben Carson???? one more in an endless long line of unqualified appointments made by Trump.

I guess it remains to be seen if a neurosurgeon has the smarts to understand and handle HUD.
#290078 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:17 pm
Are you impressed w him so far?

No doubt a smarter president would have appointed Sleepy Ben to a position that he HAD some skills in, or experience with...other than one where his total lack of exp has shown him to be unqualified.

Then again the man who appointed him certainly ain't no brain surgeon.

I'll say this about Ben, he DOES have EXCELLENT taste in decor though.....look at all the really nice furniture he bought for his office.

And he has done right by his children as well,,,,,,allowing them to exploit their dad's position for their interests.
#290080 by Mordgeld
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:30 pm
Planetguy wrote:Are you impressed w him so far?

Neither for nor against at this point. Has he done anything yet to merit a change in my approval or disapproval of him?

Edit: I do find it amusing that the man that appointed him does have some experience in housing.
#290083 by Planetguy
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:06 pm
Mordgeld wrote:
Planetguy wrote:Are you impressed w him so far?

Edit: I do find it amusing that the man that appointed him does have some experience in housing.

good one....that IS amusing. sort of.
#290112 by Jahva
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:13 pm
“While it was intended as satire, I deeply regret that I mimicked the language of my harassers,” she wrote. “These comments were not aimed at a general audience, because general audiences do not engage in harassment campaigns. I can understand how hurtful these posts are out of context, and would not do it again.”

Most people would lose their jobs if this was in their history... she gets promoted.
No irony here...

And to be fair so I don't give some biased appearance here is the full response from NYT.. her words and the support of the other journalist who wanted to weigh in on her behalf.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/08/sarah-je ... versy.html

She could've fought back without bringing race into it... even to a racist.

This is not ok... even if you were provoked... especially a "journalist" but she is a woman, an immigrant, a minority maybe short :? , a person of color maybe even a unicorn. :P
That's enough of a struggle for a University of California Berkeley and Harvard Law School educated kid...
:roll:
#290114 by J-HALEY
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 pm
Planetguy wrote:"move the needle"? no.

The NY Times, just like the "news" outlets on the right preach to their own choir.

I think that most (including me) would agree that Sarah Jeong has made plenty of comments that can construed as racist. But do you actually believe that "news" sources on the right don't have people working there who've made and make racist comments???

I don't deny that's there's racism on the left....but if you want to deny the racism on the right, you merely need look at some of the replies to that video you posted.

Jahva....I'm really not sure how you "move the needle forward" w posts like this. it is interesting to me that your return to posting here sees you wading into non music stuff. I don't recall you doing so previously.

And let's head off the all too predictable response to that last comment from those looking for a fight (paging glen) ....let's be clear, i am not in any way censoring or telling anyone what they should or shouldn't post about.

And you defend this behavior with a comment that the right does it too? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do it again Mark do it again, i need to laugh more!
#290116 by Planetguy
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:17 pm
Planetguy wrote:
I think that most (including me) would agree that Sarah Jeong has made plenty of comments that can construed as racist.

yeah, jeff that's me "DEFENDING" her. so, laugh on.

i wasn't defending the NYT, and i don't need to defend them for their hires... not when there are just as many questionable people working at the "news sources" you frequent. so, should i enjoy a good laugh that you don't see that and/or you merely refuse to admit it?

but notice....i don't post threads and rail about those people. what would be the point? .....i'll leave that mission to you since you believe it accomplishes something, gives you some satisfaction, and serves as a tonic for you. :D
#290126 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:12 am
Planetguy wrote:
Planetguy wrote:
I think that most (including me) would agree that Sarah Jeong has made plenty of comments that can construed as racist.

yeah, jeff that's me "DEFENDING" her. so, laugh on.

i wasn't defending the NYT, and i don't need to defend them for their hires... not when there are just as many questionable people working at the "news sources" you frequent. so, should i enjoy a good laugh that you don't see that and/or you merely refuse to admit it?

but notice....i don't post threads and rail about those people. what would be the point? .....i'll leave that mission to you since you believe it accomplishes something, gives you some satisfaction, and serves as a tonic for you. :D

Hey mark since you are here.
Could you explain that whole dorian chordal thing again?
That's the one thing you do really GREAT!?
#290149 by Jahva
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:11 pm
If your only tool is a hammer then every problem looks like a nail... :|
#290153 by schmedidiah
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:23 pm
Jahva wrote:If your only tool is a hammer then every problem looks like a nail... :|

Welcome to the new and improved Gleen. :roll:
#290158 by Jahva
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:33 pm
I think it gets to the point of no return no civility just shouting matches... wasn't meant to Glen just a general statement... Like just about everyone's Thor here :o
I don't want to partake in that... I imagine most here really don't.
Charlotte is going to be hosting the RNC in 2020... but before that was decided City council allowed citizens to come in and speak for a minute their thoughts on the matter before they took their vote.
I was out of town so I couldn't go but my boss went.. he sat between two people that had completely opposite views on whether or not it would be good for Charlotte.
He said he realized as the moments went by that even though he didn't believe all of the rhetoric it didn't matter... for those that do believe it... it's real. The fear and the anger... It needs to be talked about whenever possible which requires both sides willing to give the other side the opportunity to speak but more important that we listen.
#290163 by schmedidiah
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:31 pm
I hear you. You may have missed the latest trend with Glen and Haley. They tell me I'm A, B, C , D , E , and F.
I'm the biggest liberal ever. I support Obama and all of his communist policies. I was sooooo upset when my candidate Hilary lost. There's no way I could have ever voted for XYZ conservative candidate because blah blah blah. Funny thing is these guys think they're never wrong. :roll:

:lol:
#290168 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:51 pm
And let's head off the all too predictable response to that last comment from those looking for a fight (paging glen) ....let's be clear, i am not in any way censoring or telling anyone what they should or shouldn't post about.[/quote]

Cool...
Sounds like somebody is finally trying to be cool...

We have been here before.
#290169 by schmedidiah
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:53 pm
I'll never be cool. 8)