This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289736 by DainNobody
Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:40 am
Geez sounds like an inexpensive way to get your original music heard worldwide..that's right 1 hour show costs $50.00..WBCQ The Planet Monticello Maine. Their Free Radio Express special for occasional broadcasters
Www.WBCQ.com
#289752 by schmedidiah
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:23 pm
Never heard of. Just spend the $50 on the toy aisle at Walmart. That way you'll have something to show for it the next day. :wink:
#289753 by DainNobody
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:30 pm
I have no idea..their propagation map looked to cover from Maine to eastern Kansas...I can see it now lol..4 minutes of schmeedy music interspersed with Vamp expounding about the evils o f USA INC. For 10 minutes then Glen doing Spring Breeze ..sheet..5 or 6 of us split 50 bucks each of us gets 10 minutes air time or thereabouts.. Requirement is 1 hour audio file.sent to them file transfer service
#289754 by schmedidiah
Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:35 pm
I'd pay the full $50 to do that! :lol:

Add in Haley playing some (non-gay) covers and some of Mark's truckstop band and you got a deal. 8)
#289791 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:44 am
schmedidiah wrote:I'd pay the full $50 to do that! :lol:

Add in Haley playing some (non-gay) covers and some of Mark's truckstop band and you got a deal. 8)

WOW....

I have been busting MARKS BALLS...
But honestly he is a very intelligent musician. I don't have a damn thing against him. I love his videos and he is really cool.
I mean that straight forward. He has not crossed the line. Come close, but, not crossed it yet.

You just want to fucck around with everyone....
Go for it dude.

Thank you, schmuuttty!
#289825 by Ancient Vegan
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:44 pm
It's obvious to me Gleen that you wouldn't know the line if it was shoved up your ass
#289885 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:38 pm
Assuming you sent them a 320K MP3 file (best resolution of MP3, not much different sound than WAV at that point), the file size would be a 144MB file (stereo WAV would be 635MB) - have to have a good account to share that on a file share service.
#289886 by J-HALEY
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:03 pm
The old saying "if it sounds to good to be true" may apply here.
#289888 by Jahva
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:14 pm
J-HALEY wrote:The old saying "if it sounds to good to be true" may apply here.

Probably just another site where the listening audience is nothing more than the broadcasters themselves... Where have I seen this before? :lol:
#289889 by J-HALEY
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:39 pm
Jahva wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:The old saying "if it sounds to good to be true" may apply here.

Probably just another site where the listening audience is nothing more than the broadcasters themselves... Where have I seen this before? :lol:

How are you Jahva? are you playing with a band these days? Tis good to see you back!
#289890 by DainNobody
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:45 pm
Back when I had a ham radio license (WN0JSB) shortwave radio listening and amateur radio were quite popular back in 1970..I had a Heathkit HW16 transceiver which was only CW mode no SSB or AM modes meaning you could only use Morse code to communicate with other hams..I worked a lot of stations and had plenty of QSL cards Liberian U.S. embassy was longest distance station QSO..

not sure about popularity of shortwave but has changed drastically nowadays from what I remember..lots less big overseas stations beaming signal into U.S. is what I have noticed..too many stations domestic that have nothing but preachers preaching sucks imo..Voice of America out of Greenville N. Carolina good but only broadcasts certain times of day then go of fair much of the day..
Listening to China Radio Internatioal right now out of Quivican Cuba as I write this..with a Tecsun PL-360 radio
#289892 by schmedidiah
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:54 pm
ham radio has what to do with this subject? :?:
#289893 by DainNobody
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:55 pm
In case afraid to click link.here is the offer WBCQ made about 1 hour broadcast for 50.00.although its from 2016 so might not be valid offer 2 years later
Free radio express
For the occasional radio broadcaster we offer this great deal to get you on the air.

Send us $50 and a one hour audio file of your program.
We’ll play your program on our 7490 transmitter at the next best time available on our schedule.
We’ll run your show on our 5130 transmitter, at no extra cost, at the best next time available.
We’ll send you an email message when your program will air.
This is a great deal for those programmers who wish to get on the air from time to time.

02. December 2016 by cosmikdebris
#289894 by DainNobody
Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:57 pm
schmedidiah wrote:ham radio has what to do with this subject? :?:

I'll play?..ham radio is in the shortwave radio frequency spectrum? Do I have your approval sir? :roll:
#289896 by DainNobody
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:06 pm
Oh geez..you are encouraging me to inspect all your posts to make sure you are on topic when you are verbally attacking vamp Glen and me..I included me because this post was probably enough to puss you off enough to attack me..as Jesus said when you see a beam in another's eye just make sure you have removed the beam from your own eye..just kidding Schmed..but be easier on all of us..we as Glen said love you :cry: