This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#290227 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:46 pm
Facebook and Apple have now kicked him out. They're privately owned entities, just like youtube. Totally within their rights to ban him.
Censorship is the government ruling that stuff can't be shown/seen/published - like the FCC saying 'no ass/titties on publicly broadcast tv' - but if its not 'publicly broadcast' (i.e pay tv - cable, etc) the networks can show whatever they want.
#290239 by Jahva
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:46 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:Facebook and Apple have now kicked him out. They're privately owned entities, just like youtube. Totally within their rights to ban him.
Censorship is the government ruling that stuff can't be shown/seen/published - like the FCC saying 'no ass/titties on publicly broadcast tv' - but if its not 'publicly broadcast' (i.e pay tv - cable, etc) the networks can show whatever they want.

Yeah... and they've already been in the business of censoring.
There are many methods we use to filter who gets to see what. But this holier than thou BS is coming from a bunch Hypocrites.
You tube has adult content many find offensive... not banned.
Alex Jones has been saying crazy chit for years... now all of a sudden he's gone too far.
These companies have too much control over content... and it's dangerous. You might not see it that way... maybe you agree with this particular ban.
I'd rather there be free speech everywhere... doesn't mean there aren't consequences for what people say but it makes the crazies much easier to see....
A tinfoiled hat wearing Alex Jones disciple exposed to the light of day... is a good thing.

On a side note an article on your beloved Facebook and there next move

Facebook wants banks to hand over customers’ financial information
According to the Wall Street Journal, the company has reached out to JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, and US Bankcorp to discuss joining forces with Facebook Messenger.

Why? Facebook would reportedly use the information to build new features, like the ability for users to check their account balance or to get fraud alerts through Messenger. In exchange, banks would have to provide data on its customers’ transactions and balances. The social network says the information would only be used for creating new features, not for ad targeting.

But... The legacy of the Cambridge Analytica scandal looms large. Banks have reportedly been hesitant to collaborate with the tech giant because of data privacy concerns, and one bank pulled out of talks entirely.

Going offline: Facebook is increasingly trying to gain access to your offline data to bolster its profile of users and provide more features. Earlier this year they even reached out to hospitals about getting medical data on users. Facebook isn’t alone, either. Other tech giants like Google also want access to your offline information—because if they don’t get it, the thinking goes, their competitors will.

Man they really want to make life very convenient for you now don't they...
#290242 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:24 pm
Jahva wrote:A tinfoiled hat wearing Alex Jones disciple exposed to the light of day... is a good thing.

Yes, but for every 'exposed' disciple, there are a hundred who further perpetrate the lies. Prime example is Hollywood director James Gunn who made offensive tweet jokes 10 years ago (“I like when little boys touch me in my silly place” and “The best thing about being raped is when you’re done being raped and it’s like ‘whew this feels great, not being raped!’) and Jones' crusade has Gunn linked to some Hollywood pedophilia ring, raping his own daughter - so that Gunn loses his job at Disney and may have a tough time getting further work. Were gunn's tweets offensive and wrong? Yes. Was Jones' takedown right? No.
#290246 by Jahva
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:33 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Jahva wrote:A tinfoiled hat wearing Alex Jones disciple exposed to the light of day... is a good thing.

Yes, but for every 'exposed' disciple, there are a hundred who further perpetrate the lies. Prime example is Hollywood director James Gunn who made offensive tweet jokes 10 years ago (“I like when little boys touch me in my silly place” and “The best thing about being raped is when you’re done being raped and it’s like ‘whew this feels great, not being raped!’) and Jones' crusade has Gunn linked to some Hollywood pedophilia ring, raping his own daughter - so that Gunn loses his job at Disney and may have a tough time getting further work. Were gunn's tweets offensive and wrong? Yes. Was Jones' takedown right? No.

Gunns posts were creepy as faq... if people think that chits funny that's their business. He lost his job because of the overblown Political Crap (PC) flying through the air these days.
takedown? Do you mean his story of connection to the pedophile ring?
Alex Jones has been the political equivalent to the National Enquire back in the 70's. There has always been an audience for this garbage.
Did they ever get anything right... probably. But there reputation was basically they were full of chit.... and most people knew it.
And if they defamed someone they got their azzes sued. We didn't need the PC police everything... things were labeled R or X or Adult content etc...
Bunch of control freaks and babies are what's left in the world...
#290248 by schmedidiah
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:40 pm
Gunn will be saved by the overwhelming support of his cast and crew as well as others. Alex Jones? Not so much.

:lol:
#290252 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:49 pm
I c what u did

Who really cares about Alex Jones?

Let them listen on their ham radios.
#290255 by Jahva
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:20 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:I c what u did

Who really cares about Alex Jones?

Let them listen on their ham radios.

Many believe it's not entirely about Alex Jones but the Agenda of who controls what you see hear and read on social platforms. He has been under attack for awhile... as well as others. So it's a big win for his opposition. One big loud target... became a fish in the barrel. :lol: :lol:
#290259 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:39 pm
Jahva wrote:[Alex Jones has been the political equivalent to the National Enquire back in the 70's. There has always been an audience for this garbage.

But the difference is today's 'connected' world - with the internet/youtube/social media, his kind of bS can be spread faster than the speed of light - definitely faster than the speed of some suburban housewife with an IQ < 110 reading the issue of NE she picked up at the supermarket.
Head over to Vampier's hundreds-of-pages 'end of he world' thread to see how many times he has re-posted this type of idiocy as "fact" - and how many times others here (like Glenny) have supported him and agree.
#290266 by Mordgeld
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:46 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Jahva wrote:[Alex Jones has been the political equivalent to the National Enquire back in the 70's. There has always been an audience for this garbage.

But the difference is today's 'connected' world - with the internet/youtube/social media, his kind of bS can be spread faster than the speed of light - definitely faster than the speed of some suburban housewife with an IQ < 110 reading the issue of NE she picked up at the supermarket.
Head over to Vampier's hundreds-of-pages 'end of he world' thread to see how many times he has re-posted this type of idiocy as "fact" - and how many times others here (like Glenny) have supported him and agree.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

― George Carlin

Or more simply...

"Stupid people are ruining America"

― Herman Cain

It would help if they still taught critical thinking in more of our schools. It isn't so much stupidity but ignorance about how to approach information logically. 90-110 IQ is clearly high enough to engage in healthy skepticism for unverified sources given an understanding of how verifiable corroborating information works. In other words, some people may waste time trying to pick up a turd from the clean end when they should recognize the source of the turd as something that never produces anything worth the effort of picking up. The amount of people under 85 IQ is, what, 16%? Most Americans should be smart enough to process what is provably true. Perhaps refer back to our discussion about emotional effects on rational thinking for those that fall short.
#290267 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:00 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Facebook and Apple have now kicked him out. They're privately owned entities, just like youtube. Totally within their rights to ban him.

Why? Because he didn't ask them to bake a cake? If their actions were even-handed, Antifa/Occupy/BLM/ and all other Soros' armies of anarchy would also be rejected from posting. Proving that actual violent kooks are ok, as long as they are aligned with leftists politically.

Just more proof that your side are fascists. Why do you, a decent person, align yourself with the Left?

Censorship is censorship no matter who does it. It's the equivalent of intellectual racism.

The fact of the matter is that NBC and CNN are much more dangerous than Alex Jones because they present themselves as unbiased (with no credibility whatsoever).

Alex only appeals to fringe....while NBC is turning all Democrats into worse fringe than anything Alex has ever done.

#290271 by Jahva
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:06 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:

What does it matter how fast... or the IQ of some housewife?
And millions of that rag got sold every week...

Vamp is a good example...
He continues to warn of the foreboding future that's right around the corner.... any day now.... lock your doors boys and girls... and with one or two exceptions from what I see no one take him serious.
And even if they do and spout the same lines...who do you think takes them serious?

You can think what you want of him but he seems harmless if you ask me... aside from his own reputation who or what is being harmed by his stories?
Last edited by Jahva on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
#290272 by Jahva
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:12 am
The majority of what most news outlets report is correct... but they leave things out intentionally to mislead and are so heavily into these panels and commentators... acting as if their opinions are the news. Fox does it CNN NBC they're all trying to direct your attention rather than just show all the facts as they happened.
#290285 by Jahva
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:08 pm
Regarding IQ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e9rax9d2w66g ... s.jpg?dl=0
Do you live in a dummy state... :lol: I kid I kid...

Meaning of an IQ score / IQ scale
What does an IQ score mean? What is the average IQ? After taking an IQ test, you might need some help with the interpretation of your IQ score to understand what your IQ score actually tells you. Is your iq average? Do you have a genius IQ score? The table below shows an IQ level chart that gives a clear overview of the IQ score ranges as derived from Resing and Blok (2002)1. The table distinguishes different categories based on the height of your IQ score, meaning you gain some understanding of your capacities.

IQ Percentage of the population with this IQ Interpretation
> 130 2.1 Very gifted
121-130 6.4 Gifted
111-120 15.7 Above average intelligence
90-110 51.6 Average intelligence
80-89 15.7 Below average intelligence
70-79 6.4 Cognitively impaired
About 2% of the population has an IQ score lower than 69. Such a low IQ score often is hard to measure using a regular intelligence test. Very high IQ scores are also hard to determine accurately. This is because you need a lot of reference measurements to determine a specific score reliably. As very high and very low IQ scores simply do not occur often, it is hard to form such a reference group.

Recent studies also show avg. IQ's are dropping...
#290300 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:41 pm
The price of apathy, evil men's deeds. Albert Einstein

Censorship started way before Alex Jones.

You know what they say GMike, bad news spreads like wildfire.
#290307 by Jahva
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:30 pm
You got to love how this just keeps happening...
Jo Bernstein credited with the take-down of Alex Jones has quite the history on twitter kind of like Sarah Jeong...
Joe is a BuzzFeed Reporter
Here are a few of his tweets...
Kill a straight white male on your way to work tomorrow
The Straight White Middle class Male needs to be dethroned
or
Being a Jew is never having to say sorry your white...
My dogs anal gland smells bad what do I do
Keep staring at my dogs ass trying to see a viral meme
an anagram for doughnuts is dog nuts
Would you rather name your child Samus or Tugjob
Serious? This is the guy that championed the downfall of Alex Jones?
sic sic M'Fers
Would you call it at least a violation of the standards you hold others too?
naaaah... he was just being funny like joking around and chit...
He's probably on a short list for the next opening at the NYT.
You can't make this chit... please please continue... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: