This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289951 by Mordgeld
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:01 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Mordgeld wrote:
You care to elaborate on what Trump's crimes are?

Nah, but I will point how stupid he is::

https://www.yahoo.com/news/president-tr ... 16447.html

Hmm, I did get carded at the grocery store today. Since I had proper ID, they let me leave with my beer.

Stupid can result in crime but isn't a crime in and of itself. It must be tough for all those people that got beat by such a stupid guy like Trump. You'd think they were smarter than that but apparently not.
#289957 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:38 pm
If you looked at the article, T-rump said you needed to show ID to buy groceries. Getting asked for ID to provide proof of age when buying liquor (beer) is not unusual.
#289959 by Jahva
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:00 pm
Yeah his comment sounds stupid at face value... but I believe his point in the end was you need ID for many things you do in life... why not to vote?
The reasons given as to why people don't have ID's sounds even dumber than his grocery statement...
So now you're going to tell me about the 89 year old woman who can't get an ID because blah blah blah... Seems mostly the Democrats have an issue with this as if everyone who doesn't have an id is automatically going to vote Democrat? :? too many exceptions eventually become just another abuse loophole.
#289969 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:55 pm
Mordgeld wrote:It must be tough for all those people that got beat by such a stupid guy like Trump. You'd think they were smarter than that but apparently not.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hit the nail on the head there
#289971 by Mordgeld
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:12 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:If you looked at the article, T-rump said you needed to show ID to buy groceries. Getting asked for ID to provide proof of age when buying liquor (beer) is not unusual.

Gotcha. Groceries sold at the grocery store that contain alcohol are not groceries.
#289973 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:25 pm
You gotta show a license to get a fish license.

You should need one to vote
#289977 by schmedidiah
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:23 pm
I always hear on the radio that our state law requiring photo ID to vote has been struck down, then upheld, then struck down, rinse, repeat. I go to vote and have the license ready. It's a 50/50 chance they'll ever ask for it. :roll:
#289980 by J-HALEY
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:33 pm
schmedidiah wrote:I always hear on the radio that our state law requiring photo ID to vote has been struck down, then upheld, then struck down, rinse, repeat. I go to vote and have the license ready. It's a 50/50 chance they'll ever ask for it. :roll:

Here in Texas they ask EVERY time.
#289981 by schmedidiah
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:34 pm
We know who volunteers to work the polling place. :wink:
#289990 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:57 pm
Mordgeld wrote:Gotcha. Groceries sold at the grocery store that contain alcohol are not groceries.

Huh? :?:

No, you buy alcohol to drink, your ID gets checked.

Jahva wrote:Yeah his comment sounds stupid at face value... but I believe his point in the end was you need ID for many things you do in life... why not to vote?

'Sounds stupid at face value' - EXACTLY! The man can't express himself clearly, yet people (like you) jump on board to defend his idiotic statements. He's the f**k' president, shouldn't he be intelligent enough not to constantly put his foot in his mouth?

BTW, I'm all for IDs required to vote. In my town, there's no ID required, but they have a list of residents/addresses. You show up, tell them your address, they check it, check you off the list (so you can't vote twice), done.
#290006 by Mordgeld
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:17 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:
Mordgeld wrote:Gotcha. Groceries sold at the grocery store that contain alcohol are not groceries.

Huh? :?:

No, you buy alcohol to drink, your ID gets checked.

Yes, they check my ID when I buy my alcohol at the grocery store with the rest of my groceries and later, I do drink it or cook with it. Recently, they changed the law so you can no longer use the self-checkout at the grocery store if you have alcohol in your cart so the ID does get checked more often. In addition, if my new debit card happens to have not arrived in the mail, they will ID me for writing a check to pay for my groceries.
#290009 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:27 pm
Sorry Mordy...
Now I really know you.
Every thing I purchase is done on a CC. NOT A DEBIT CARD>

IT's amazing how much cash back from that is generated .

You have to build your credit back up.
#290012 by Mordgeld
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:02 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Sorry Mordy...
Now I really know you.
Every thing I purchase is done on a CC. NOT A DEBIT CARD>

IT's amazing how much cash back from that is generated .

You have to build your credit back up.

I've plenty of credit. Some grocery stores with the best prices here don't take CC. (WinCo)