This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288965 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:37 pm
Gonna be in the upper 90s here all week> :D

It's a beautiful summer day, don't get no better then this.
#288972 by Planetguy
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:12 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Gonna be in the upper 90s here all week> :D

well, i've got an outside gig tonight, and north of you, here in Mid MO it's supposed to get up close to 100. Not my ideal choice of weather for gigging. it's supposed to stay up there for the rest of the wk. sucks cos i have a four gig wkend coming up w two of those being outside.

as the saying goes..."make music while the sun shines". or is that "hay"? 8)
#288975 by Mordgeld
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:47 pm
It can be pretty brutally hot where I'm at in the summer (100+) but I'm still about two months away from booking with the current lineup. I am glad for the air-conditioned studio I'll be in tonight. I do remember an outside gig from long ago where it was drizzling. We were outside on a wood stage. When I went to step on my effect pedals, they would squirt away from me like a bar of soap. I didn't move around much because I was afraid I would slip and fall.
#288983 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:51 pm
It was 97 here yesterday, but better today. High 90s last week too, with just a break over the weekend. But, no, there's no climate change..... :roll:
#288986 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Gonna be in the upper 90s here all week> :D

KOOOOOOLLLLL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
#289710 by schmedidiah
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:46 am
Hot. Good week for my vacation. :mrgreen:
#289716 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:55 am
Positive comment inserted, I didn't notice any negative post.
Maybe we should just talk about the weather.

Hot humid, spotty showers, and piggy loves hanging out in the AC. Thats funny.
#289719 by schmedidiah
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:18 pm
See title /\ :roll:
#289728 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:39 pm
I love living in Georgia, at least for 8 or 9 months of the year. Then there is those miserable months when I despise it, where the weather report is a daily monotone: hot, humid, and 40% chance of thunderstorms. It's called summer...

A smarter me would be living out in New Mexico, my other favorite state, where at least it's a dry heat and a I do love the desert. But I always wander back to Dixie so I guess this is where I'm supposed to be.

Talbot
#289733 by DainNobody
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:10 am
I probably should not say this and I am not a racist or even a child rapist but got the biggest kick out of the name the locals give MARTA..my brother had an interview in Atlanta back in 1987 we both were living in Ocala Fl. Which pays squat for prevailing wages..( Moving Africans rapidly through Atlanta) = MARTA or metropolitan Atlanta rapid transit authority..
#289734 by schmedidiah
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:40 am
:lol:

Any good ones for BART in the Bay Area?
#289757 by MikeTalbot
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:04 pm
Don't know about land but I foolishly stated once that when I was ready to croak I'd go to New Mexico and climb up on one of the Mesas, stretch out my arms and wait for God to take me.

My ex, who knew me perhaps too well, replied, "Nah...you'd be up there a half hour and then drive into town for a six pack..." Sigh...

Talbot
#289758 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:56 am
Getting back to the weather...
Even I get angry when I hear about a pet being left in a locked car for 5 minutes.
Ya just don't do that.
It has been hot in NY. I wouldn't cut it in AZ. I run around in shorts when it is 10 degrees outside.
Back to my point.
These are little critters. They can suffer from the heat also.
We took piggy out for a short walk. He loves to get out.
After 15 minutes he had enough. When we got him home he raced for his pool..
Just a fun story.
I know half of you guys think I am a dickhead... I'm not... I love very deeply. That includes you.

Hot today again..........
#289762 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:19 pm
I did three concerts this weekend in Evansville Indiana and Canton & Mansfield Ohio.

No AC at 2 places (what the ???) and the other was outdoors. Highs in the 80s, lows in the upper 50s here. Unprecedented great weather for the end of July. Before that I got a week at my place in Asheville NC and it was 73 degrees with no humidity the whole time.

I usually have to go to the Pacific Northwest for this kind of weather in the summer.

A guy donated a 1967 Hammond B3 with three Leslie cabinets to me. Anyone interested in buying it?