This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#289770 by MikeTalbot
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:34 pm
Ted

I used to help lug a B3 with two leslies up three flights of stairs. I think I'll pass this time...

Talbot
#289771 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:50 pm
Turns out that it's worse than that.

It's a 1964 Baldwin Model 6 with three enormous cabinets. All original and mint, still stored in the church that bought it brand new back then.

Seems to be worth about 10k if you can find a buyer and get it to them.

But hey....how about that weather?

:lol: 8)
#289772 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:28 pm
I would love to...
But I have to find a way to buy a house for my kids.

Donated it to you YOD!
Only one reason...
You are a good guy.
#289861 by MikeTalbot
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:37 pm
They could probably set up house keeping in those Leslie cabinets! 8)

Talbot
#289884 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:28 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Ted

I used to help lug a B3 with two leslies up three flights of stairs. I think I'll pass this time...

Talbot

My 80s band added a keyboard player when the rhythm guitarist quit. He had a B3 and one Leslie. 6 months of moving that thing around for gigs, then the bass player wants us to become a 'wedding band' - "no thanks, bye-bye!"
#289901 by J-HALEY
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:55 pm
Nord (Swiss made) has the closest I have ever heard to a Hammond/Leslie. I have always said that sound is the Stradivarius of rock and roll, R&B, Gospel! The Nord Stage 2 has piano and organ. Nord stage 3 has piano, organ, and Synth very high end and EXPENSIVE.
#289917 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:08 pm
OK, What did OZZIE use live on Mr CROWELY? Mind you I am so old school that I am still love Gregg Allman letting one note spin around.

Wow huge difference from putting on some headphones and filling an arena with sound.

ELP was amazing using a quad system that so complex most bands didn't understand what they were doing.

100 years later...

Maybe Mark Is right... Just go out and play some good music.

And he does.