This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288892 by J-HALEY
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:40 am
An old friend just texted me needing more subs. He is running sound for the benefit for Santa Fe this coming Sunday, where the school shooting took place. I said how about I bring mine and help you. He said he needed help I am so there. It will be an honor to help such a worthy cause! It is being held at Jack Brooks Park about a Mile from Santa Fe High School.
#288894 by MikeTalbot
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:05 am
Good work, Mr. Haley

FYI - I usually offer free eBooks to people who donate to worthy causes. I'm broke but like to help. Cost to them is a pm on Facebook. If you think that would be helpful in this case I can send you some biz cards you can give to donators with my contact info. (you can pm me an address on FB)

Good luck with that.
Talbot
#288942 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:00 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Good work, Mr. Haley

FYI - I usually offer free eBooks to people who donate to worthy causes. I'm broke but like to help. Cost to them is a pm on Facebook. If you think that would be helpful in this case I can send you some biz cards you can give to donators with my contact info. (you can pm me an address on FB)

Good luck with that.
Talbot

Don't sound like the best of all world solutions Mike.
Maybe that's why you have sounded a bit aggravated lately.

Jeff... Maybe you never saw them. You never answered my question. Maybe it is just not my fuucccking business. I only asked them out of concern.
#288947 by J-HALEY
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:52 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
MikeTalbot wrote:Good work, Mr. Haley

Good luck with that.
Talbot

Don't sound like the best of all world solutions Mike.
Maybe that's why you have sounded a bit aggravated lately.

Jeff... Maybe you never saw them. You never answered my question. Maybe it is just not my fuucccking business. I only asked them out of concern.[/quote
Glen, what are you talking about? I will answer any question you have if I see it.
#288952 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:48 am
Sorry Jeff. I was talking about the hell your ex put you through. You have been through more than that...

Amazing that you have such a big heart, that you are still concerned about others...

As "CHIPPY" The chip fryer used to say... Anyone remember him? I do.
Anyway his big word... In appreciation was KUDOS.

BIG KUDOS TO YOU, Mr HALEY!
#288992 by MikeTalbot
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:15 pm
Glen

I routinely give ebooks to folks who donate to causes I support. I have no money so that's how I do my giving.

I also give them away to Rhodesian and American veterans and folks in hospitals that need something to read. I've contributed to three anthologies supporting vets with ptsd.

If you have a better solution post it.

What on earth can that have to do with being aggravated?

Talbot
#288993 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Glen

I routinely give ebooks to folks who donate to causes I support. I have no money so that's how I do my giving.

I also give them away to Rhodesian and American veterans and folks in hospitals that need something to read. I've contributed to three anthologies supporting vets with ptsd.

If you have a better solution post it.

What on earth can that have to do with being aggravated?

Talbot

YEAH!. So why don't you have any money? THINK ABOUT THAT!
I agree with you but the in between shhiiitt is CRAZY!
#288995 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 am
Glen

Have you not read my posts? You seem to think I'm too lazy to work - you despicable creature, to say that to a man like me. I've worked enough in my life for three men. Played in more bands than you've heard on record, fought more wars and taught myself more trades and been successful in many. I'm weary of your tedious blathering.

I'm incapacitated by ill heath. That's why I'm broke. Me and sadly my car are good only for doctor visits and trips to the store. I make a pittance on my books and Social Security. And that's all I intend to say on that, now or ever. If you were a gentleman you would not have forced me to say it.

You need to sort yourself out tough guy. Your posts consist entirely of insults and name calling. You speak always ex cathedra as if you are fit to judge others, yet your conduct indicates otherwise. You need to examine yourself very carefully. Do you really want to be that person? Shame on you.

Talbot
#289022 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:41 pm
Hey Talbot, sorry Glen has now targeted you here, he is totally out of control, so don't take it personally.
#289025 by Planetguy
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:06 pm
Mike, you have always been one of the classiest guys on this forum and you've always had my deserved respect. I may not agree w some of your views (as i know you don't agree w some of mine) but that has never once caused us the least amount of friction. That please me greatly.

As I've told you before.....I am sorry you've been on your heels health wise and financially. You deserve better. We all do.

As Mike B said above.....consider the source and take everything Glen says with a cpl of grains of salt. As bad as things are for you right now....one can only imagine how miserable his life must be to continually spew insult and take such delight in it.

At the risk of sounding trite and cliche.....hang in there, man. You're made of strong stuff and unlike Glen, you are much more than an internet tough guy.....you're the real deal. My money is on you, pal.
#289027 by schmedidiah
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:18 pm
Saw this coming. Sad.
#289055 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:41 pm
You the man Talbot.

I've had total respect for you and your opinions since joining this forum.

Glenn you've always been bad, but you keep getting worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse, you get what I mean.
#289066 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 pm
Thanks gentlemen. I have no problem disagreeing with folks and even enjoy a little (civil) debate once in a while.

cheers
Talbot
#289083 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:14 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:Glen

Have you not read my posts? You seem to think I'm too lazy to work - you despicable creature, to say that to a man like me. I've worked enough in my life for three men. Played in more bands than you've heard on record, fought more wars and taught myself more trades and been successful in many. I'm weary of your tedious blathering.

I'm incapacitated by ill heath. That's why I'm broke. Me and sadly my car are good only for doctor visits and trips to the store. I make a pittance on my books and Social Security. And that's all I intend to say on that, now or ever. If you were a gentleman you would not have forced me to say it.

You need to sort yourself out tough guy. Your posts consist entirely of insults and name calling. You speak always ex cathedra as if you are fit to judge others, yet your conduct indicates otherwise. You need to examine yourself very carefully. Do you really want to be that person? Shame on you.

Talbot

OK Mike... I love you Bro. How much money do you need?
#289085 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:26 pm
Glen

I need the amount of the advance I hope to get when I find a publisher for "Africa Days Hollywood Nights" which I should complete by the end of the summer! 8)

thanks for asking.

Talbot