This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288130 by DainNobody
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:31 pm
I am well aware I am not Mr. Congeniality here at BM forum..I have even been pegged as enduring psychotic breaks and assume the fetal position while waiting it out.. That's cool..I as another here has suggested find it more necessary to separate from the falsehood that is fast becoming prevalent in today's society..falsehood that continually tries to abandon the true reality of earthly living which all boils down to struggle and the strong overcoming the weak..subjugation if you will..as in a tyronnasaurus consuming a stegasaurus as an analogy..

Basically I find myself with an injury to back but on the right side of the back..believe to be caused by picking up the 64 lb. Marshall amp and swinging it around while trying to assess whether it was wise to purchase such a heavy amp knowing it was never going to move itself..it took several days for the injury to appear..but that's the way back injuries normally happen?..I wish HALEY and Mark all the best cause they are suffering injuries too..and I pray we all 3 can get back into doing music again sooner than later..I basically feel comfortable when lying on my back or standing..sitting seems to cause me to become a hunchback for an hour when I stand up for at least 30 minutes..usually past back problems work. Themselves out after a few days.. This time it lingers..maybe old age does not allow for quick healing as in the past..
#288131 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:43 pm
I injured my back like that 9 years ago and was basically crippled until I went to the chiropractor. I was skeptical, but it's true. that stuff works. takes more than one session, but in a week or two you should be feeling better.

i'd like you to stick around the forum, Dane. I might not always agree with you, but at least you talk about music and welcome other people's opinions.
#288132 by DainNobody
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:02 pm
Thanks Schmed..probably Oughta go see if I can get some muscle relaxers pills from the doctor..thankful ..it could be worse hurting lying down or standing up..
#288133 by J-HALEY
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:19 pm
Daynyrd Dylann wrote:Thanks Schmed..probably Oughta go see if I can get some muscle relaxers pills from the doctor..thankful ..it could be worse hurting lying down or standing up..

Dane, does it hurt from your lower back down to your thigh? If so could be sciatica. I hope you get better.
#288138 by DainNobody
Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:54 pm
No Jeff it does not..it seems to be a problem as in if sitting for extended period of time rather than lying flat on back.when standing its as if "locked up" causing to be hunched over ..with knee-jerk reactions occasionally caused by maybe something inside rubbing causing a sudden flinching .. It was getting better but the toilet is so low down old porcelain Kohler not very high and sitting taking a carp detered progress and caused it to get worse.. Always enjoyed sitting on the crapper. But with this lingering back problem I hate even thinking about morning duty..
#288140 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:05 pm
I picked up a chunk of concrete from the tailgate of my truck and turned to the side to chuck it at the dump. problem was I kept my feet planted firmly where they were and the chunk of concrete was about the same weight as a bag of concrete. once you've twisted a vertebrae out of place like that, you need medical help. pills and rest won't do anything but get you by day to day. sucks, but it's true.
#288151 by Planetguy
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:00 pm
sorry to hear about your back woes. no matter what kind of shape anyone is in... lifting SMART is the key to staying injury free.

Daynyrd Dylann wrote:
I wish HALEY and Mark all the best cause they are suffering injuries too..and I pray we all 3 can get back into doing music again sooner than later.

Thanks for the well wishes, but Jeff has been back to playing and gigging regularly for awhile now.

I had my shoulder surgery on Thurs May 17, subbed out my gigs for that wkend but was back to playing the following wkend. Just counted and i've played 14 gigs since surgery (would have been 15 but had one rained out a cpl days ago)....looking at four gigs this wkend.

It's been great having my bandmates carry all my equip but i'm not sure how much longer i can ride that gravy train! 8)
#288158 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:56 pm
you dumbasses!?!

Go spend $40 on a cart.

Schmed I don't believe chiropracters helped you, but you're lucky they didn't destroy you.

Back sprains only go away with time and rest. You got that at about the same time and attributed it to the wrong source. I had a head-on collision with diesel truck in a nissan b210 hatchback at 45 mph. Went to doctors for a couple of years, got hooked on Soma (hydrocodone) and when it just kept throbbing, They wanted to operate but when they couldn't give me more than a 50% chance of healing, I decided to take my chances.

After a couple of years, I needed to live with a clear mind and quit ALL OF IT. Then whenever my back would hurt, I'd lay down until it stopped. Did that about 6 months and the pain went away permanently. No doctors had a part in it.

#288160 by Planetguy
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:07 pm
w all due respect, no two injuries are ever the same. i'm not a fan of chiropractors but when i was 21 yrs old (a looooong time ago) i was suddenly driven to my knees by crushing back pain out of nowhere. against my better judgement i went to one....i'm waiting in the outer office. "he'll see you, now" ...i hobble back to the exam room and there's a 5 ft hunchbacked fellow who asks me what's wrong.....i'm thinking i'm on Candid camera or something.

anyway, he almost immediately diagnoses my problem.....i threw out my sacroiliac! i never knew there WAS such a thing and just thought it was Three Stooges bit!!!! He put me on the table, did an alignment move and i've never had the problem since.

and never seen a chiropractor since.

re. handtrucks....like chiropractors, they have their place....but they don't work for $hit going up and down stairs or getting equip up on a stage! 8)
#288163 by Mordgeld
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:35 pm
Planetguy wrote:

...re. handtrucks....like chiropractors, they have their place....but they don't work for $hit going up and down stairs or getting equip up on a stage! 8)

That's what the roadies are for, lol. They'll carry stuff without the cart for less than the price of a cart. But seriously, I do use a hand-truck mostly. That will go up stairs.
#288166 by schmedidiah
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:45 pm
Hooked on hydrocodone and tell me chiropractors are evil??? :shock:

Now I've heard it all. :D

Hi. I'm schmed. I've worked hard labor for ⅔ of my life. Not stopping any time soon. I'll stick with the evil chiropractor, if you don't mind. :lol:
#288192 by Ancient Vegan
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:42 am
Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.
Hippocrates
#288203 by MikeTalbot
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:31 pm
Smooshed a few disks playing at soldier but it was twenty years later it began to drag me down. Was on my back doing presses and got stuck. The Chiropractors can actually help but they all seem to want a lifetime committment. I go only when it's truly bad. Phys therapy helps as well.

As to drugs? I've had 'em all but what works for me is Doan's Pills (also marketed as Momentum) and a muscle relaxer called Sulindac. If I hit that early enough I'm ok.

I love my Marshal cabinet but it doesn't love me. My bass amp is not so quietly plotting my demise! 8)

Talbot
#288225 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:26 am
My back used to give me problems when I was in my late 20s/early 30s, doing a lot of physical work back then. Tried various 'self help' exercises/stretches, but they would only help so much. What worked - getting a new firm foam mattress (foam mattresses were a fairly new thing back then).
These days when I overexert or strain my back, a session in the jacuzzi tub and/or a heating pad usually alleviates the pain the same day.