This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#287997 by J-HALEY
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:00 pm
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 710396002/
Please read ALL of this so that you are actually informed.
In this country the liberal agenda wants the law applied to them in favor. Conservatives are attacked with outright lies to further the Liberal narrative/agenda.
#287998 by Planetguy
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:28 pm
lies? hypocrisy?

jeff, when you're ready to have a discussion about all the lies that are daily handed out by trump and the swamp dwellers past and present of his administration....get back to me. otherwise, tossing the word "hypocrisy" around comes off a little....weeeeeell....ya know...hypocritical! :D

meanwhile, i have to cancel my plans for a trip to Germany due to the "increased crime rate" there that Trump was warning us all about....oh, wait, never mind... they DON'T have an increased crime rate AT ALL.

he was just LYING about that. (different day...different lies)
#288000 by Mordgeld
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 pm
I do remember it being brought to my attention that some of the stories that were put up by major media about 'immigration' issues were dated from many years ago. In truth, Congress is supposed to handle immigration law. Many laws now in place were passed during the Clinton admin. Some things being held up as law (DACA) were not law but (ruled) unconstitutional EOs. Curiously, the lower courts are blocking Trump from rescinding an unconstitutional EO even though it is clearly within the President's power to rescind any EO for any reason. But, yes, Congress needs to fix immigration law. The Democrats had a chance with the super-majority (during which they told constituents that Republicans were blocking things) under President Obama to fix the same laws that are in effect now but they are sure to not like the results if Congress takes it up under the current leadership.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.” -- Mark Twain

This can apply to the Internet as well now.
#288001 by Mordgeld
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm
Planetguy wrote:lies? hypocrisy?

jeff, when you're ready to have a discussion about all the lies that are daily handed out by trump and the swamp dwellers past and present of his administration....get back to me. otherwise, tossing the word "hypocrisy" around comes off a little....weeeeeell....ya know...hypocritical! :D

meanwhile, i have to cancel my plans for a trip to Germany due to the "increased crime rate" there that Trump was warning us all about....oh, wait, never mind... they DON'T have an increased crime rate AT ALL.

I was mulling that over. I know I've seen a fair number of instances where organizations here in the US use creative reporting to make their stats look better. Are the undocumented/refugees included in this count. It seems like it might be a fair discussion on the veracity of the figures. It is pretty obvious this cannot be in the context of Trump as it seems it is a foregone conclusion for you that Trump has some sort of malicious or devious intent for everything he says. To be fair, if Trump is lying, that does not suddenly make it okay for everyone else to lie. The one thing that bothers me is the inability of people to use critical thinking to examine the information they get. Sometimes I find myself on the wrong side of an argument simply for calling out assumptions and bad information. Hard to be even-handed without being the enemy. People will believe whatever they want to believe because they aren't willing to reexamine anything that will damage the foundations of their strongly held belief. The only thing you can do is position yourself as an example of what you stand for. Nothing hurts peoples credibility like being an a$$hat about their position. If you make the misguided person your enemy, there is no chance they will ever come over to your side.
#288003 by J-HALEY
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Mark you are the poster child for hypocrisy. No sense in trying to have a discussion with you and I will NOT! You blatantly back the LIES of Hillary, Obama and that ilk.
#288005 by Vampier
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:47 pm
Planet Guy ... you should travel to Germany and holiday there ... then you will be able to speak with a little bit of authority. Kind of like talking about Prison without ever being there.

Morgeld ... Excellent Post .
#288007 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:02 pm

Oh, Mark. You should know. I love talking music with you but when it comes to politics...?

I looked up hypocrite to get the exact definition and your picture was there. You talk sh*t all the time but never approach fact or reason....just a mouthpiece for the lefty liars, a "useful idiot" to the communists.

Anything you say about Trump was already discredited by your love of Obama and Hillary. They are 100x more of whatever you could accuse Trump of.

I was not a Trump fan until he started actually doing what he promised.....unlike the liars you support, knowing they lie.

#288009 by Planetguy
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:17 pm
talking music vs politcs w you ted.....i feel exactly the same as you.

ted, you're that all too typical trump apologist who when left w no explanations for trump's bad behavior and decisions, and lacking any plausible way to excuse trump's avalanche of lies... you always go to Fall Back Plan #1.....

"Hillary and Obama are/were worse!"

as if THAT excuses trump's lies, ugliness, gaffes, and ineptitude.

Trump is president and "leader" of this country... not Obama. not clinton.
#288011 by Planetguy
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Anything you say about Trump was already discredited by your love of Obama and Hillary. They are 100x more of whatever you could accuse Trump of.

really. because i'm not "ACCUSING" him of lying about Germany's rising crime rate....that's something HE SAID to make a point.

so, he's either lied about that, or stated something he knew nothing about to make his case. either way....he's forwarding a falsehood.

here's his tweet ...

"The people of Germany are turning against their leadership as migration is rocking the already tenuous Berlin coalition. Crime in Germany is way up.

later when he was corrected, as usual he doubled down....

"Crime in Germany is up 10% plus (officials do not want to report these crimes) since migrants were accepted."

so where exactly did he get that stat???? other than pulling it out of his fat ass?

actual fact: Leaving aside the fact that Germany has vastly different immigration patterns than the U.S. and a shorter history of welcoming immigrants, Mr. Trump's claim that crime is up in Germany is objectively false. Crime actually fell in 2017 by 9.6 percent in Germany, with violent crime falling 2.4 percent, according to Germany's Federal Criminal Police Office. Also, crimes by non-German suspects fell by 22 percent in 2017. By any measure, Germany has far less violent crime than the U.S.

i must have forgotten so, remind me, pls...when exactly did hillary and obama lie about germany's rising crime rate?
#288014 by Planetguy
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:35 pm
J-HALEY wrote: No sense in trying to have a discussion with you and I will NOT! You blatantly back the LIES of Hillary, Obama and that ilk.

and you're taking the high ground because you blatantly back the LIES of Trump and his ilk?

no, jeff ....i knew there would no discussion from you re. trump's latest lie about Germany's crime rate.

vampier , i need not go to Germany nor prison to recognize your views on immigration for what they are...more of your Islamophobic/xzenophobic hatred for muslims.
#288015 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:40 pm
Planetguy wrote:talking music vs politcs w you ted.....i feel exactly the same as you.

ted, you're that all too typical trump apologist who when left w no explanations for trump's bad behavior and decisions, and lacking any plausible way to excuse trump's avalanche of lies... you always go to Fall Back Plan #1.....

Way to funny!
I am not apologizing.
As President he is doing everything he said... INCLUDING DRAIN THE SWAMP!
OHHHHH. With the world... That includes the NOKO swamp.

You better start finding some way to protect yourself against all your liberal friends. All your liberal beliefs and philosophy. DUH!
#288016 by Mordgeld
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:46 pm
Planetguy wrote:talking music vs politcs w you ted.....i feel exactly the same as you.

Trump is a NY business man, not a career politician. He cut his teeth on hardball business dealings in a hostile business environment. I don't know if you have any personal experience in this but calling out a real NY-er (or many ppl from the NE coast) can result in bad behavior and decisions all around. This could make for rash decisions or epic brinkmanship, take your pick. I think what is at issue here is that Trump is not only pilloried for what he did (or may be doing) wrong, he is called out for things that he not only didn't do but that happened during previous admins with nary a peep until lots of fake outrage could be directed against Trump by people having a tantrum that he won. No, Obama/Hillary didn't make the existing legal immigration framework, but it was enforced in the same manner. No outrage then.
#288017 by Planetguy
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:48 pm
Mordgeld wrote:

.... it seems it is a foregone conclusion for you that Trump has some sort of malicious or devious intent for everything he says.{/quote]

you know what....i start out giving everyone respect and the benefit of the doubt.....until they've been caught red handed lying. not once. not twice. but many times. after that, why would anyone trust someone who has been proven a liar?

To be fair, if Trump is lying, that does not suddenly make it okay for everyone else to lie.

who says it's ok for me....or anyone else to lie because trumps does????

The one thing that bothers me is the inability of people to use critical thinking to examine the information they get.

and that applies both ways.....conservatives are bothered by libs who in their opinion don't exercise critical thinking just as the other way around. people are lazy. but too often the LAZY assumption is "you don't see it MY way....BUT if you'd only start using "critical thinking" then you'd agree w ME".

that's lazy, insulting, and patronizing.

Sometimes I find myself on the wrong side of an argument simply for calling out assumptions and bad information. Hard to be even-handed without being the enemy. People will believe whatever they want to believe because they aren't willing to reexamine anything that will damage the foundations of their strongly held belief. The only thing you can do is position yourself as an example of what you stand for. Nothing hurts peoples credibility like being an a$$hat about their position. If you make the misguided person your enemy, there is no chance they will ever come over to your side.

yeah, people do dig in when it comes to big important issues. it's not like discussing which beer, baseball team, or band is "best".

i do know that we are more divided now than ever and as i see, that genie ain't EVER getting back in the lamp.
#288018 by Ancient Vegan
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 pm
Better start finding some way to protect yourself? What Glern.

I've got a way to protect myself, it's by being a good taxpaying,
law abiding citizen, by helping my neighbors, and raising my kids
to act the same way to, but this only touches on what I'm doing to
protect my family and community from crazies like your pigass
That's the way to protect yourself. When crazies like you or Dracula
push it to far, not afraid to fight, can't we all just get along
#288019 by Planetguy
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 pm
two things:

glen, an "apologist" isn't someone who actually "apologizes'' but someone who makes excuses and allowances for other's (or their) poor behavior and misdeeds.

morgdeld....thanks for the explanation about NY'ers but it's quite unnecessary. i'm a fourth generation NY'er who spent the first 22 yrs of my life in NYC. my wife (also from NYC) and i get back there quite regularly to visit friends and family.