This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#288024 by Mordgeld
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:34 pm
Planetguy wrote:
Mordgeld wrote:

.... it seems it is a foregone conclusion for you that Trump has some sort of malicious or devious intent for everything he says.{/quote]

you know what....i start out giving everyone respect and the benefit of the doubt.....until they've been caught red handed lying. not once. not twice. but many times. after that, why would anyone trust someone who has been proven a liar?

To be fair, if Trump is lying, that does not suddenly make it okay for everyone else to lie.

who says it's ok for me....or anyone else to lie because trumps does????

The one thing that bothers me is the inability of people to use critical thinking to examine the information they get.

and that applies both ways.....conservatives are bothered by libs who in their opinion don't exercise critical thinking just as the other way around. people are lazy. but too often the LAZY assumption is "you don't see it MY way....BUT if you'd only start using "critical thinking" then you'd agree w ME".

that's lazy, insulting, and patronizing.

Sometimes I find myself on the wrong side of an argument simply for calling out assumptions and bad information. Hard to be even-handed without being the enemy. People will believe whatever they want to believe because they aren't willing to reexamine anything that will damage the foundations of their strongly held belief. The only thing you can do is position yourself as an example of what you stand for. Nothing hurts peoples credibility like being an a$$hat about their position. If you make the misguided person your enemy, there is no chance they will ever come over to your side.

yeah, people do dig in when it comes to big important issues. it's not like discussing which beer, baseball team, or band is "best".

i do know that we are more divided now than ever and as i see, that genie ain't EVER getting back in the lamp.

I don't feel like parsing quotes.

Point 1: By 'it seems', I am indicating that IMO, you feel too strongly about President Trump to entertain the idea that he might be misinformed or misunderstanding rather than malicious. I do get that Trump is prone to stick it to people that present themselves as enemies to him.

Point 2: Pretty much the same as what you've said. Let me reword it for you. Just because Obama or Hillary may have engaged in bad behavior doesn't make it okay for Trump to do the same.

Point 3: [Sigh] Advancing anything based on assumptions would be the very antithesis of critical thinking. The conclusion arrived at with the absolute least amount of assumptions would be far more probable to be unassailable logically. I certainly don't assume that I'm correct. Nor do I imply that you are incorrect simply because you disagree. I discuss, reason it through, and readjust honestly.

Point 4: We just had a rational discussion and I didn't call you something with lots of vowels in it. Be a good example and while people might not agree with you, they will at least hear you out.
#288026 by Planetguy
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:12 pm
Mordgeld wrote:We just had a rational discussion and I didn't call you something with lots of vowels in it. Be a good example and while people might not agree with you, they will at least hear you out.

and why would you...i had no harsh words nor vowel heavy words towards you? i'm glad there wasn't any name calling in either direction.

but i have to disagree w your last sentence....as that's not been my experience, and not even my exp here on BM. if only it were so.....there are plenty who want no part of hearing ANY point that differs from their's no matter how reasonably and politely it's been put fwd.
#288029 by Mordgeld
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:29 pm
Planetguy wrote:
Mordgeld wrote:We just had a rational discussion and I didn't call you something with lots of vowels in it. Be a good example and while people might not agree with you, they will at least hear you out.

and why would you...i had no harsh words nor vowel heavy words towards you? i'm glad there wasn't any name calling in either direction.

but i have to disagree w your last sentence....as that's not been my experience, and not even my exp here on BM. if only it were so.....there are plenty who want no part of hearing ANY point that differs from their's no matter how reasonably and politely it's been put fwd.

Yes, we are divided, but we don't have to be. I've had people come back at me years later to apologize for how they acted towards me. They acted the fool but they heard me. The high road is a lonely one and you can't always make a a difference with dignity and respect but sometimes people do reexamine their behavior. I'm a free speech kinda guy. I can take it. I know that people calling me names and deriding me doesn't necessarily make me wrong. IIRC, I think the most flak I've gotten in the past was from Canadians. I used to tell them, aren't you glad that there is a country for people like me so that I am not there? If it changed here, I might find me a nice place up there and start voting and stuff, lol.
#288030 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:31 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Better start finding some way to protect yourself? What Glern.

I've got a way to protect myself, it's by being a good taxpaying,
law abiding citizen, by helping my neighbors, and raising my kids
to act the same way to, but this only touches on what I'm doing to
protect my family and community from crazies like your pigass
That's the way to protect yourself. When crazies like you or Dracula
push it to far, not afraid to fight, can't we all just get along

How much you been smoking tonight?
Poor old man...
#288039 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:10 am
Planetguy wrote:i must have forgotten so, remind me, pls...when exactly did hillary and obama lie about germany's rising crime rate?

No, Trump is telling the truth. It is Germany who is lying about Germany's crime rate right now. The Merkel Administration is trying to cover up immigrant crime, thinking it would produce a backlash (and they're right) against them in the next election.

Rape and sexual harrassment is practically not reported as a crime for the last few years. THAT is the fact.

And I'm not a Trump apologist. If you remember, I was pretty vehemently opposed to him in the primaries, but once it was over and the election was between him and Hillary, then yes, I did point out every time (because it was true) that the personal attacks invented by the DNC were silly because they were 100x more true about Hillary...and they were hypocritical because NONE OF YOU CARED when Obama was doing much worse than ANYTHING you could accuse Trump of.

If he has done anything illegal then I fully support the law coming down on him, just as I would Obama or Hillary or Ted Cruz or anyone in government anywhere. But you don't....you only support it if it's your political opposition...and it doesn't even have to be true.

That's called "hypocrisy"

#288062 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:31 pm
So Glenn you gonna start some story about me having a weed problem.
That's who you are.

I guess I could start a story about your morbid obesity, but it wouldn't
be a story, would it?

Glenn lying while he's frying

BACONNNNNNNNNN
#288072 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:31 am
Ancient Vegan wrote:So Glenn you gonna start some story about me having a weed problem.
That's who you are.

I guess I could start a story about your morbid obesity, but it wouldn't
be a story, would it?

Glenn lying while he's frying

BACONNNNNNNNNN

OOHHH!!!!
I must be hitting a sore point.
At least this time you can't get thrown in jail for one of those maryjane cigs.

Was it you that suggested I FRY UP MY FAMILY PET in another post?
#288095 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 pm
I was the one who suggested that you dry up and blow away.
#288100 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:15 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:I was the one who suggested that you dry up and blow away.

You look like the one, just little bit more dried up.... And blowed away. :roll: :roll: