This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#287775 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:49 pm
Against the Count, Ham Hock, and Hannibal Lechter.
I worked on bringing you down in a funny way, with a
minimal amount of cussing, but it only brought me down.
So my jihad is over, I'll probably still be my same loveable
self, but will try to stay off threads I can make no sense of...….

So boys and girls, and specifically I mean Count Dracula, Ham E. Hock,
and Hannibal Lechter, I've meant pretty much everything I've said to
you in the past

Ob Blah Dee Ob Blah Dah

Happy Xmas War is Over, you won
#287779 by schmedidiah
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 pm
:lol:
#287782 by JCP61
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:07 pm
what did they win?
who hands out the trophy's
#287791 by Vampier
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:42 am
Ancient ... I did not look upon our interchanges as a "War". For me it was a bit of sparring ... sometimes infuriating, sometimes educational, sometimes thought provoking, sometimes entertaining and quite funny. I do not look at it as winning or losing perhaps if we are lucky learning ... for both of us. Your take on some things I found fascinating and I admit that they opened my mind in some ways. I have made it clear to all that i do not wish to fued any further either. So let us both try to be more gentle in pushing our points with others and one another on here. Post whenever you wish on my Thread. Let us try discussion rather than insult and compliment instead of attack ? Perhaps we can set an example. Communicating does not mean either has won the other over in viewpoint ... if it did there would not be much to discuss as I see it. I apologize for being so vindictive with you at times ... I shall abstain from now on. Good Luck to you and know I will always welcome your Posts and discussion.
#287792 by schmedidiah
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:46 am
Vampier wrote:Let us try discussion rather than insult and compliment instead of attack ?

This goes for everyone? *cough cough!*
#287797 by Vampier
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 am
Schmed ... it only goes for those who are genuine and Honourable. You know, those who are serious and do not mock. You seem to not count yourself amongst such ... ?
#287799 by schmedidiah
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:19 pm
:roll:
#287802 by Planetguy
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:50 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
Vampier wrote:Let us try discussion rather than insult and compliment instead of attack ?

my feelings about the constant name calling, feuding, and bickering aside... as well as my own part as a willing participant in that BS....vamp, i must say that it's very hard to take you seriously when you level your finger at those who partake but Glen gets a pass.

that's a level of hypocrisy that's difficult to overlook. as schmed points out...that's how you roll on this.

i understand you and glen are friends and your "honour" precludes you ever admonishing him in public....so, let me suggest that until you are willing to point fingers at EVERYONE who delights in insult, name calling, and "yuck, yuck".... that you refrain from snarky comments towards everyone BUT glen.

i do applaud your efforts to restore things to a higher level of civility around here. sadly the bar is set pretty low bar. then again, that should make it easier to raise it.... if even slightly. :)
#287805 by J-HALEY
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:24 pm
Planetguy wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:

my feelings about the constant name calling, feuding, and bickering aside... as well as my own part as a willing participant in that BS....vamp, i must say that it's very hard to take you seriously when you level your finger at those who partake but Glen gets a pass.

that's a level of hypocrisy that's difficult to overlook. as schmed points out...that's how you roll on this.

i understand you and glen are friends and your "honour" precludes you ever admonishing him in public....so, let me suggest that until you are willing to point fingers at EVERYONE who delights in insult, name calling, and "yuck, yuck".... that you refrain from snarky comments towards everyone BUT glen.

i do applaud your efforts to restore things to a higher level of civility around here. sadly the bar is set pretty low bar. then again, that should make it easier to raise it.... if even slightly. :)

Mark, how is your shoulder doing these days?
#287806 by Planetguy
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 pm
you know, jeff... after our last exchange when you said that i lie to win arguments and that i insulted your wife.....(which wasn't true) i pretty much decided to write you off and be done w having anything to do with you.

i replied and explained that i NEVER insulted your wife and would NEVER insult ANYONE's wife or family members ...but instead, that i had merely said i understood WHY your wife had left you.

i had hoped that short of an apology, you would have at least responded and addressed that, but no....you didn't and i never heard boo from you on that.

anyhow...water under the bridge. let's move on.

thanks for asking about the shoulder. what they thought was an 80% tear proved be "only" a 50% tear.....they did find a lot of bone spurs in there, cleaned them up, and shaved down my acromion.

and what they thought would be take a yr to get back to my good old used to be has been revisedto three mos. i start up PT next wk. i'm hoping to have a cute PT lady w a Brazilian accent working on my shoulder, but i know i'll never be so lucky.

been gigging steady on gtr, mando, vibes, and elec bass. NO UPRIGHT though!

thanks again for asking.
#287810 by J-HALEY
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:44 pm
Planetguy wrote:you know, jeff... after our last exchange when you said that i lie to win arguments and that i insulted your wife.....(which wasn't true) i pretty much decided to write you off and be done w having anything to do with you.

i replied and explained that i NEVER insulted your wife and would NEVER insult ANYONE's wife or family members ...but instead, that i had merely said i understood WHY your wife had left you.

i had hoped that short of an apology, you would have at least responded and addressed that, but no....you didn't and i never heard boo from you on that.

anyhow...water under the bridge. let's move on.

thanks for asking about the shoulder. what they thought was an 80% tear proved be "only" a 50% tear.....they did find a lot of bone spurs in there, cleaned them up, and shaved down my acromion.

and what they thought would be take a yr to get back to my good old used to be has been revisedto three mos. i start up PT next wk. i'm hoping to have a cute PT lady w a Brazilian accent working on my shoulder, but i know i'll never be so lucky.

been gigging steady on gtr, mando, vibes, and elec bass. NO UPRIGHT though!

thanks again for asking.

As far as you insulting my wife, when I was down and out after splitting from the love of my life you asked me how I felt about another man having sex with her. I don't remember the exact words but everyone knows that's what you meant all to WIN an argument. Pretty phukin cruel IMO! You also copied and posted a pic of me in regards to my male sexuallity again to win! It amazes me how you can turn and twist words, as I stated you are incapable of admitting loss in an argument and I meant every word I said because it's the truth! I will not argue or debate with you because of that. I think you are a fabulous musician and I admire that side. I have written you off several times but I am a forgiving person. I get mad but it usually doesn't last long. Yes it is water under the bridge.
I am glad your shoulder is doing well and improving and I hope it continues to do well. I advise you to do exactly what your Doctor and the cute little Brazilian therapist tells you to do.
#287813 by Planetguy
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:15 pm
sorry, jeff....but asking YOU how "you felt about another man having sex with her" is an insult to YOU not your ex-wife!

i have no recollection of posting any photo deriding your manhood. mind you, i'm not saying it didn't happen...just that i don't recall that.

but that's what happens when people go back and forth talking $hit at one another. and i know you're not gonna claim you didn't give as you got. at least i hope not.

re. the shoulder...yep, i'm being super careful and i'm totally enjoying my bandmates hauling my equip! Rockabilly gig tonight and rest assured I'll be nursing the shoulder.

and thanks for the props re. my skeels....always nice to hear from your peers. 8)
#287857 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:13 am
Planetguy wrote:sorry, jeff....but asking YOU how "you felt about another man having sex with her" is an insult to YOU not your ex-wife!

i have no recollection of posting any photo deriding your manhood. mind you, i'm not saying it didn't happen...just that i don't recall that.

but that's what happens when people go back and forth talking $hit at one another. and i know you're not gonna claim you didn't give as you got. at least i hope not.

re. the shoulder...yep, i'm being super careful and i'm totally enjoying my bandmates hauling my equip! Rockabilly gig tonight and rest assured I'll be nursing the shoulder.

and thanks for the props re. my skeels....always nice to hear from your peers. 8)

Sounds like an apology to me... While he is kicking you in the ballls.
HMMMMM!