This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#286575 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 21, 2018 12:36 pm
So not one of you "don't take my guns" guys is ready to chime in with the usual "if the teachers had been armed this never would have happened" crap?

Including the shooting that happened outside a school graduation that night in Georgia, that makes 42 separate school shooting incidents in the US this year. In 2017 there were 65. I guess we're well on our way to a new record - YAY! Hooray for the NRA and parents who don't control their kids and leave weapons sitting around for the taking. I bet you'd love to be sitting around at a school with your weapon at the ready to shoot a mentally ill 17 year old in the head!
#286577 by J-HALEY
Mon May 21, 2018 1:51 pm
I was wondering how long it would take for a nut case to start yelling and here you are! This affected me and people I know! It happened literally 5 miles from the house my ex wife and I raised our kids. Keep in mind he did not use an "assault" rifle. He used a Shotgun commonly used for hunting and a 38 revolver and explosives. For the millionth time if you anti gun NUTS are allowed to take away guns only criminals will have guns. Why aren't you yelling about the case of the 2 licensed gun carriers that stopped a man from repeatedly running over his wife with his car last week?
#286580 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon May 21, 2018 2:34 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:So not one of you "don't take my guns" guys is ready to chime in with the usual "if the teachers had been armed this never would have happened" crap?

If the teachers had been armed.....

If you meet a leftie who is vaguely interested in the facts, let me know....

They had ONE school shooting in Israel in 1971. They put armed security at every school and there has never been another school shooting.

Seems like common sense to have security wherever something of precious value is...just ask those liberals leading you around by the tongue if they have security (if you want to talk to a hypocrite)

Cue the contempt for fact and truth from the left in three, two, one.....

:lol:
#286582 by Vampier
Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 pm
Haley and Yod ... superb responses. Mike ... start following another lying Media.
#286594 by Planetguy
Mon May 21, 2018 7:08 pm
totally predictable and conditioned kneejerk responses....as predictable as the next ....HOW MANY MORE school shootings that we must endure?

sad how those who continue to insist that concern is nothing more than a plot from the left to "TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS AWAY!" how ridiculous that they will never stop for moment to ponder the correlation between us having a gazillion more guns in our nation than any other.... but fail to see the logical and all too predictable results of that stat......we also have a gazillion more incidents like Santa Fe.

but no...no correlation there....let's just all move along, now. and everybody buy more guns cos the NRA isn't making enough money.

of this i am certain....nothing is going to change until the current group of students who are now in JHS and HS start voting. how many of them do you believe think the answer is MORE guns for teachers and supervisors to keep them safe? :roll:

seems to me they'll have other ideas about how to keep schools safeR. let's hope so.
#286597 by J-HALEY
Mon May 21, 2018 7:30 pm
Planetguy wrote:totally predictable and conditioned kneejerk responses....as predictable as the next ....HOW MANY MORE school shootings that we must endure?

sad how those who continue to insist that concern is nothing more than a plot from the left to "TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS AWAY!" how ridiculous that they will never stop for moment to ponder the correlation between us having a gazillion more guns in our nation than any other.... but fail to see the logical and all too predictable results of that stat......we also have a gazillion more incidents like Santa Fe.

but no...no correlation there....let's just all move along, now. and everybody buy more guns cos the NRA isn't making enough money.

of this i am certain....nothing is going to change until the current group of students who are now in JHS and HS start voting. how many of them do you believe think the answer is MORE guns for teachers and supervisors to keep them safe? :roll:

seems to me they'll have other ideas about how to keep schools safeR. let's hope so.

Mark your argument has NO, Zero, 0, NADA merit. It is just the typical knee jerk response of a left wing nut! There is no correlation in active shooters and the amount of guns in society. Have you heard of all the violent gun murders in Chicago? You will NEVER convince us with your agenda, one I might add has ZERO common sense. There were lots of guns when we were kids yet no school shootings. Something has changed in our society that has fueled these type things. IMO it is the liberal, Godless agenda. No one learns how to lose, everyone gets a trophy, everyone wins, everyone's feelings are coddled and it is always someone else's fault!
I know you lefties will never let a good school shooting go to waste and you have very little respect for people that are mourning a senseless loss so how about giving it a rest? HAVE SOME RESPECT WILL YA?
#286598 by Planetguy
Mon May 21, 2018 7:37 pm
so you believe it's just a complete and total coincidence that the USA has a shit-ton more guns, more gun users ...registered and unregistered than any other nation.....and oh, for some OTHER reason we have more shootings and gun violence than anywhere else?????

my "agenda" is keeping schools safe places for kids to go to learn. perhaps an "agenda" like that would be good for you and other NRA supporters to adopt.

and if you believe for even one moment that the gun proponents and the NRA don't use shootings as OPPORTUNITIES to stump THEIR cause you are either naive or just dishonest about it.
#286599 by Planetguy
Mon May 21, 2018 7:48 pm
J-HALEY wrote: Something has changed in our society that has fueled these type things. IMO it is the liberal, Godless agenda. No one learns how to lose, everyone gets a trophy, everyone wins, everyone's feelings are coddled and it is always someone else's fault!

like YOU blaming the godless liberals? how about you practice what you preach, dude?

do you think that in other countries like Sweden and Norway where this is a mere fraction of the gun violence we see over here...do you think that everyone ISN'T getting a trophy there? of course they are!

do you think they're NOT "godless liberals" w their commie views and socialized medicine and handouts? :D so much for that wackadoodle theory of your's. :wink:

and guess what...the kids there are exposed to plenty of violence in movies, tv, and computer games there..... just as much as here.....but yet, for some reason.....there's not as much gun violence. and school shoot-em-ups.....and why IS that? what's different about over there than here????

you know... BESIDES the fact that there aren't guns everywhere.

I know you lefties will never let a good school shooting go to waste and you have very little respect for people that are mourning a senseless loss so how about giving it a rest? HAVE SOME RESPECT WILL YA?

you know what jeff, i'm offended that you'd say that me.....as i would expect you to be offended were i to say that YOU don't give a $hit about these victims because of your love of guns.

I have NOTHING BUT respect for the families of the victims and i share the outrage that no doubt many of them feel as well......outrage that our kids can not go to school w/o fear of being attacked.

so, when IS the 'respectful" time to have conversation about taking steps to end these senseless losses of life if not after yet another tragic event happens?

know this....were it one of MY kids that were involved in one of those scenarios....i would EXPECT and welcome people's concern and outrage over it going down. their ideas about to prevent it, and them expressing their frustration and anger over it would be welcome.

i would not feel "disprespected" in any way.
Last edited by Planetguy on Mon May 21, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#286600 by Vampier
Mon May 21, 2018 7:54 pm
Planet Guy ... how many more school shootings ? As many as have to be staged in order to take the guns. This was all predicted long ago. The High School students you speak of will do away with you as an aged useless eater with no value as soon as they "take power". Glen has already stated quite clearly that the RIGHT to bear arms is to check the "government" should it get out of control ... well it has been out of control for a long, long time now.

Are you really so closed minded that you can not look back in history and see that when any "government" disarms a population then it takes total control and abuses or even murders them ????????? Yod understands this and so does Haley.
#286601 by Planetguy
Mon May 21, 2018 8:10 pm
"staged"????

please tell me you aren't SO loathsome a creature as to be actually suggesting that these shootings are staged by some wicked cabal w the aim of sending the UN to my door to strip me of my cable tv and confiscate my gum.

it's simple.... we live in a place where there is disordinately pronounced difference in the gun ownership (and ease of acquiring them) here in the US vs other places where there is a mere fraction of the guns and a mere fraction of the gun violence it begets.

that's not a coincidence.
#286604 by Planetguy
Mon May 21, 2018 8:24 pm
whatever your motives, vampire....you're an alarmist kook who of course brays the rallying cry...."THEY WANT TO DISARM US". "BEWARE!!!"

your's is yet another totally predictable kneejerk response that "EVERYONE " here has come to expect from you. (say, how do YOU like it when I speak for "everyone" here? kinda goofy, is it not?)

"THEY WANT YOUR GUNS!" that's BS. this is the the very same tactic that has been used successfully to lull the sheep into buying more guns. and being sheep.....they do exactly that.

isn't it time for you to spout off yet again about "conditioned response"? seems like it's been more than five min.

you grate on and on about the long standing history of govt's taking away guns to seize power.... yet you've shown zero concern about the long history of govt's taking away the free press as they goosestep merrily along on their way to tyranny.

and where have we seen that approach...oh yeah, from the jackoff you still refer to as a "great man". you've no concern for our freedom or you'd have raised a stink about that instead of joining the attack on the press.

it appears it's YOU who are sorely in need of a history lesson. :oops:
Last edited by Planetguy on Mon May 21, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#286605 by Ancient Vegan
Mon May 21, 2018 8:27 pm
It's simple guard the schools, we guard the airports and the banks, and the govt high ups,
guard the schools.

Sounds like a solid chance at starting a new business with little overhead to get in, and since
guns would be your biggest investment to start, how could you lose?
#286607 by Vampier
Mon May 21, 2018 8:39 pm
I agree with you on this Ancient ... common sense it seems.
#286622 by MikeTalbot
Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 am
It seems to me to be a bit disingenuous to suggest legitimate gun owners or the NRA are at fault in any way. Particularly when the FBI had advance warning in at least the last six out of seven shootings and cops stand around with thumbs inserted in ass.

So if we apply a little logic here: if we disarm good citizens or at least take away their most useful firearms, who do we depend upon to protect our kids? The Feds? The Schools or the cops?

Plus it's a simple fact that schools get some of our taxpayer dough for every kid (mostly boys) whom they hook on psychotropic drugs, the very drugs that have been involved in literally every case.

To me, in-action should have a penalty attached - the FBI loafers should share cells with the parents who make guns available to spaced out kids and school superintendents who got involved with Obama's brilliant plan to close the 'pipe line from school to jail' which gave us the FL shooting.

Talbot
#286633 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue May 22, 2018 1:38 pm
Seriously Mark....think this through and give me your best shot

Why is the left defaulting to "take guns away, 2nd Amendment be damned" instead of "guard children like any other precious resource is guarded"?????

We had a hijacking on 911 and I can't go to the airport without armed guards everywhere. Their job is to make sure that anyone entering that space is unarmed. They fail at that sometimes, just like a guard at school would, but aren't you glad there are armed guards to stop anyone who gets through security dishonestly?

But they don't worry about the people outside of the airport who have never tried to bring a gun on the plane.