This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#284387 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:47 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:You mean Dane is just a figment of my imagination

And Glen really is a #&@%

What I don't get!
Is why the phuck are you going so far out of your way to be nasty?
Do you honestly believe any of our wasted words MEAN ANYTHING?
#284394 by schmedidiah
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:58 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I've seen this 3 times. Glen seems to have Lynyrd Dylan confused with Dayne (Jealous Nobody). It's making things interesting, if not downright stupid. :lol:

WRONG AGAIN.

Nope. Wrong on your part. You just called Ancient Vegan "Dane". Your losing your sh*t. And you didn't even have that much sh*t to begin with either! :lol:
#284398 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:17 am
schmedidiah wrote:
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
schmedidiah wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I've seen this 3 times. Glen seems to have Lynyrd Dylan confused with Dayne (Jealous Nobody). It's making things interesting, if not downright stupid. :lol:

WRONG AGAIN.

Nope. Wrong on your part. You just called Ancient Vegan "Dane". Your losing your sh*t. And you didn't even have that much sh*t to begin with either! :lol:

Are you the same guy that just told me to shoot my eye out because I am a piece of shiit?

You are very funny. Thank you for your intelligent and kind words.
#284404 by J-HALEY
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:36 pm
Planetguy wrote:jeff, you are correct....it WAS always easy to know it was Vinny each time he came back w a new handle. That's because he always came back exactly the same as who he was and didn't try to assume another personna.

(as i believe has been suggested that Dane/Lynard are in fact the same person w two different identities/personalities)

"Vinny" shared w me that he'd had some "stalker" problems in the past (wild story that rang true), and so for his personal safety and peace of mind he felt it best to keep his real ID as private as he could.

I was also lucky enough that he shared some of his music and i can tell you this....he is truly an INCREDIBLE musician, a super talented writer, and multi-instrumentalist. I often tried to convince him to share his music w the folks here but his concerns for his privacy prevented him from doing so. Shame.

Thanks for explaining that Mark. It all makes sense now. You know how many folks have assumed other Identities on this site. It is very easy to assume things due to the history of folks doing that on this forum for nefarious reasons. Do you remember how Benny Hill described the word ASSUME? :D If you say he is an amazing musician then yeah he must be and its a shame he hasn't shared his music with us lowly weekend warriors. I can't imagine being stalked, but just in case that were to happen my License To Carry affords me peace of mind! :D
#284425 by J-HALEY
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:30 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:BULL DINGLES!!!
Want to hear some GREAT MUSIC?
https://www.bandmix.com/j-haley/

Thanks Glen I am glad you enjoy my music. I have been playing with four bands and working a full time job. I left the Country band and now have a little time to breath. I have it down to two bands now both are learning crap loads of new songs as we prepare for the upcoming season. Hopefully I will get time to write and finish some new material.
#284427 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:34 pm
Jeff - I'm interested in how you handle gig scheduling when you're in multiple bands at the same time. Sure, it's easy enough to set up a Google calendar and everyone in the band puts the days they're not available on it, but at what point does one band lose out because some members are gigging in their other bands?
That's what happened to my current band, Trilogy. When we wanted to book more gigs, the other guitarist was already committed to gigs in his other band, so we couldn't schedule anything. Hence a week from Saturday will be our last gig. :? When we started booking gigs last year, we had 2/month, and were looking to add another 1 or 2 per month, but all of a sudden we couldn't because Norm was booked on the alternate weekend already.
If/when I find other guys to play with, that will be a stipulation - that they aren't playing in any other bands that are gigging more than once a month.
#284440 by J-HALEY
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:32 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Jeff - I'm interested in how you handle gig scheduling when you're in multiple bands at the same time. Sure, it's easy enough to set up a Google calendar and everyone in the band puts the days they're not available on it, but at what point does one band lose out because some members are gigging in their other bands?
That's what happened to my current band, Trilogy. When we wanted to book more gigs, the other guitarist was already committed to gigs in his other band, so we couldn't schedule anything. Hence a week from Saturday will be our last gig. :? When we started booking gigs last year, we had 2/month, and were looking to add another 1 or 2 per month, but all of a sudden we couldn't because Norm was booked on the alternate weekend already.
If/when I find other guys to play with, that will be a stipulation - that they aren't playing in any other bands that are gigging more than once a month.

Mike, at our age you are going to have a hard time finding quality musicians that want to only play in your band. I use to feel the same as you and got tired of the battle, it came down to "if you can't beat them join them" kind of thing with me. Playing in multiple bands is very hard because you are constantly learning new songs and must practice every day. Basically I was always preparing for the next thing whether it be the next gig or next rehearsal. There were times I would gig on Friday and Saturday with one band then rehearse on Sunday and Monday with two of the other bands. The really cool thing is I was pulling it off. I will admit one of the bands is only rehearsing with our first gig on April 14th. One of the bands only did openers for big touring bands. I liked those gigs set up my rig in 10 minutes play 45 minutes tear my rig down collect my pay and home in bed by 11pm! The country band plays a LOT, Daze Of Nite plays 2 to 3 gigs a month this new band The Unusual Suspects is going to play 2 to 3 gigs a month. Everyone plays in multiple bands so I don't have a problem with it. If the band doesn't play enough for me I'll find another band and play extra gigs with them. The band that books first is the band I play with, As soon as I find out a gig is booked I block out that date with the other bands and they do the same.
#284448 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:43 pm
I guess the difference is that so few people want to play in acoustic bands (at least in this neck of the woods).
#284452 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 pm
WOW MR HALEY!!!!
You have been through much stuff...

The only other way I can put it is, You are a GREAT MAN in your own way.

Thanks for sharing your music all these years.!!!!!! I wish I could get to see you put on a concert in some small bar that really deserves to be played in a stadium.
#284463 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:17 am
YOU ARE WORTHY!
I don't say stuff Like that for NO REASON!
How long do we know each other? 8 years??
I apologize to NO ONE because I think you are a GREAT GUIT PLAYER!.

I would love to sit down and jam for an hour with someone with your TALENT!
#284470 by Vampier
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:48 pm
Glen is correct Haley ... it was a short time ago and you were injured with a quite dubious prognosis. You came back quickly considering and very very strong. That is admirable in my manner of thinking and even inspirational to us all. Well done. You are worthy and HUMBLE. That is an excellent trait being humble.