This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#282802 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:06 am
https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-updates-shooting-high-school-parkland-fla-multiple-injuries-reported-200936418.html

So tell me why automatic or semi-automatic weaponry is available for sale to the general public, when its only purpose is to kill lots of people quickly?
Let's hear how the NRA has brainwashed you .... GO
#282804 by DainNobody
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 am
Just for the sheer joy of rapid-fire while on a shooting range if for nothing else..
#282805 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 am
You just proved how brainwashed against guns you are. This was a little hitler, deranged, cruel and absolutely vicious.

Now let me ask you a question Mike. Even a short 18 inch legal auto lite rifle is still a big weapon to carry into school , across a parking lot and avoid THE TWO RESOURCE OFFICERS THAT WERE ON DUTY AT THE TIME. There were 2 Broward county cops on duty.
What sort of security is that if someone can walk through a back door and commit this atrocity.

You don't get it. This school actually had protection. BUT this killer was actually able to circumvent ALL OF IT.
So it wasn't very good protection and trained people being paid, DID NOT DO THEIR JOB!

In NY, Every parent, during school hours, MUST COME THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE... As stupid as this sounds you would never be able to walk an AUTO LITE RIFLE through that front door. Did someone open the back door for this maniac.

You are posing questions that immediately lean to banning guns. ASK 6MILLION DEAD JEWS IF THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA. No it wasn't... They all dead...

It is very sad.
#282812 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 pm
Why is it NO ONE ELSE HAD A GUN TO STOP THIS MANIAC?...

IT WAS BECAUSE OF GUN CONTROL LAWS AND ABSOLUTE INCOMPETENCE AT ALL LEVELS!!!!!!

I love the way the deaths of seventeen immediately get twisted by liberal politics.

SERIOUSLY MIKE!!!???
#282816 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:20 pm
Cause it's my right as a American citizen.

You might need one during Armageddon.
#282823 by Vampier
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:25 pm
Guitar Mike ... just read the Constitution.
#282828 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:59 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Why is it NO ONE ELSE HAD A GUN TO STOP THIS MANIAC?...

IT WAS BECAUSE OF GUN CONTROL LAWS AND ABSOLUTE INCOMPETENCE AT ALL LEVELS!!!!!!

Really, the same 'gun control laws' that let this psycho kid walk into a Florida store a year ago and buy this semi-automatic rifle with a minimal "background" check and no wait time?

I love the way you guys spout off the NRA Propaganda every time, just proving my point. You'd think you are getting paid as much by the NRA as the politicians in Washington whose reaction is "let's have a moment of silence FOR ALL THE DEAD CHILDREN'.
#282831 by Ancient Vegan
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:23 pm
You can judge us by the worst of us, or the best your choice...................
#282834 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:34 pm
Quote:
We are grieving with Parkland. But we are not powerless. Caring for our kids is our first job. And until we can honestly say that we're doing enough to keep them safe from harm, including long overdue, common-sense gun safety laws that most Americans want, then we have to change.
#282837 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:14 pm
Mike you missed every common sense point I made.
What gun safety laws are proscribing...
I know.
Disarm everyone except the next little hitler that walks through.
It is time for you to understand evil is evil. It comes in all forms including false preachers and government.
Are you serious MIKE.
Point blank! I am not going to let people with your liberal thoughts TAKE MY GUNS OF PROTECTION AWAY! Just so you can come and pass a law and then have the right to KILL ME. I have NO ASSAULT WEAPONS! I do have weapons of protection .
This is hitler and YOU DON'T GET IT!!!!

The cops assigned to protect this school... BLEW IT!!!
And still you don't get it.
I could go on and on but I really don't have any reason to insult you. We are on different sides. You feel I have no right to self protection. WRONG!
#282840 by Planetguy
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:37 pm
oh. mah. gawd...you people are like friggin wind up dolls parrotting the same propaganda the NRA has scripted for you.

because mike (and most sane people) want STRICTER laws about who can and who can't buy an assault weapon (and that's EXACTLY what these are...spare me the splitting of hairs)..... because we're asking for STRICTER guidelines w thorough background checks about who is MENTALLY FIT to own weapons....you LIE and dishonestly spin that into "THEY WANT TO TAKE AWAY MY WEAPONS!"

lie. lie. lie.

mike does not want to take your weapons away so he can come kill you as you suggest.

nor do i.

if you want a shot gun, handguns, or other weapons that you can protect your home with...i have no problem with that. i doubt mike does either.

but i don't think any nutjob should be able to walk into a gun show and buy weapons to perpetrate this kind of evil.

and that's the difference right there......you are PERFECTLY OK with any nutjob going out to buy any weapon they choose to.

then the next massacre comes...and you blame the police...the fact that it happened in a gun free zone or....ANYTHING.....anything, but take responsibility for the fact that you CONDONE any wacko and EVIL nutjob going out and acquiring any weapon they desire to spill more blood.

you like pointing to the constitution and citing your "god given rights"... but the constitution is is over 200 yrs old and things sure have changed since then...that's why there have been amendments along the way.

in case you STILL don't get it...I don't want to take your guns away. i believe you DO have the right to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your property.....i just believe there needs to be stricter guidelines about who can BUY A GUN.

BUT YOU DON'T... AND YOU'RE PERFECTLY OK W NUTJOBS OWNING THESE WEAPONS TO SPILL MORE BLOOD. gottit....don't want to trample YOUR (interpretation of) "freedom". (or how much "fun" fast automatic fire is)

now we all know where we all stand.

and for god's sake... stop pretending and LYING that anyone for stricter guidelines wants to take your guns away. that's weak and dishonest.
#282843 by DainNobody
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:08 am
Ok Planetguy..why then were there no mass shootings at schools in the not so distant past? Maybe we could use the 1950s or 1940s as a timeframe and earlier.. I know there were Thompson machine guns then and Capones gang and Bugs could come across those but there were no mass shootings..but we had God in society then so people of all sorts had a moral compass and a code of conduct that was conducive to the sanctity of life in general..life was regarded as holy then..not so much now done the moral decay has been in effect starting sometime in the 1960s
#282844 by Planetguy
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:32 am
for all i know and all you know...this latest wackjob was a devout christian (or whatever faith).

proving what?

yep, there are more crazies now than ever before....you choose to blame on godlessness? fine...you've just made a perfect case for stricter guideline about who can buy weapons. thanks.
#282845 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:37 am
After what DAYNE wrote...

What is YOUR POINT PG!

You don't get it . You believe in all the lies .

So what is your POINT!!!!

That was your answer??????

Pretty lame.
#282847 by Planetguy
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 am
Ok you're unable to respond to my that you CONDONE.and support the idea that anybwackjob hellbent on butchery should be allowed to buy whatever weapon they wAnt to play soot-em-up.

Pretend (be dishonest) and lie about being too challenged to get that.

Paint yourself a dunce too thick to get that simple point.

That's some real dedication to the cause right there!

Again you CONDONE wacko being able to buy the tools they need for butchery .

I do not.

Get it, yet?