This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#282429 by J-HALEY
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:01 pm
They didn't report here in Houston that we would see almost a total eclipse. The skies here were cooperative and the eclipse was a spectacular event that I will probably never see again in my lifetime! It is 7am here in H-town and I just finished watching the Blood Red moon in near totality!
#282432 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:37 pm
Nice. It was all over the internet news for the last few days. Only good for the west coast, and we had a cloudy sky last night, could barely see the moon shining through it.
#282439 by Ancient Vegan
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:05 pm
We could see it here in SWMO, the blue moon is what kinds makes it rare, the eclipses happen pretty regularly(lunar eclipises). I love to observe the stars while I run in the mornings between 3 and 5 am.
#282455 by MikeTalbot
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:21 pm
It was werewolf heaven here in Atlanta last night. Biggest moon I've seen that high in the sky. Later it shown in the front rooms so brightly that my heroic cat got frightened and came in to the bedroom and woke me up! 8)

Talbot
#282493 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:41 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:We could see it here in SWMO, the blue moon is what kinds makes it rare, the eclipses happen pretty regularly(lunar eclipises). I love to observe the stars while I run in the mornings between 3 and 5 am.

Cool Vegan. I still eat pig... Just not mine.
I appreciate your description of early morning skies. Amazing , right.
I used to love those moments when I went out to SMOKE A CIGARETTE and enjoy the night sky or the morning sky.

I have not had a cigarette in six months... I am not a nice person right now. Give me a butt so I can sit outside and just go watch the skies. I know where you are coming from with your special way of appreciating the sky.
Just for the record, I have sucked in more asbestos and black soot and all the crap related to the oil biz than anyone would believe.... The question I battle is it the cigarette, or the reason to watch the sky. I sit outside and my friend is missing.

You are going to read this and think you are dealing with crazies...
You are not.Smile.
#282510 by MikeTalbot
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:58 pm
Glen

You sound like the reporter in the original version of "The Thing:" "Watch the skies!"

Here's the bad news about smoking, I've not smoked in years but I still want one. Hang tough, you really need that crap out of your body.

Talbot
#282513 by Ancient Vegan
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:28 pm
You can quit smoking cigs, and eventually lose the cravings, I've quit for ten years now and don't crave them at all.

I had and still have a much harder time with weed, just got to live it everyday.
#282522 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:56 pm
AH HA . Sounds like an an I gotcha moment. All these states are legalizing pot. I don't even want to get involved in that discussion right now... But is it against the law to smoke a joint within 50 feet of these legal state offices, or is it just against the law to smoke a tobacco cigarette.

This is not an attack on you VEGAN this is just the tiny bit of hypocrisy that starts to raise it's ugly head when one man seeks to limit the freedom of another man.
Tolerance.

You don't go and kill your neighbor because he is cutting his lawn at 8 in the morning on Sunday morning. You also have to be tolerant enough to not go pass laws that really don't need to be passed.
#282525 by MikeTalbot
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 pm
The weed thing is another issue altogether. With me, also known as Shallow Mike, it's simply a problem because I'm broke! 8)

Talbot
#282530 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:50 am
MIKE... Why are you broke?

There is food all around. All that is needed is to share the fruit off the tree of life. Granted we are surrounded by asspholes ,murderers, clueless leaders... I understand how easy it is to become "broke" We have to many criminals in charge of the TREE OF LIFE. How that happened ... STUPID SHEEP!

I did a service call for a customer yesterday morning on Sunday. His Wife died 6 months ago from cancer. Ya know what? Life hasn't presented me those problems, yet. Very tough. Tough on me too. 500 customers that share their personal life to the point that I am close family... ....... At this date 2/5/18 all I want to DO is take piggy out for a walk and spend an hour of good time with my wife. One of those things that has nothing to do with money but makes me realize how wealthy I really am... Even though everyone keeps trying to take that last dollar out of my pocket.........
Mike I don't mean to be tough on you... I like you... Go out and find a way to make some more money so you are not so broke.
#282532 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:26 pm
Bible > Matthew > Chapter 26 > Verse 11
◄ Matthew 26:11 ►
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.

New Living Translation
You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me.

English Standard Version
For you always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me.

Berean Study Bible
The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have Me.

Berean Literal Bible
For the poor you always have with you, but not always do you have Me.

New American Standard Bible
"For you always have the poor with you; but you do not always have Me.

King James Bible
For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

Christian Standard Bible
You always have the poor with you, but you do not always have me.

Contemporary English Version
You will always have the poor with you, but you won't always have me.

Good News Translation
You will always have poor people with you, but you will not always have me.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
You always have the poor with you, but you do not always have Me.

International Standard Version
You'll always have the destitute with you, but you'll not always have me.

NET Bible
For you will always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me!

New Heart English Bible
For you always have the poor with you; but you do not always have me.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For you have the poor always with you, but you do not have me always.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
You will always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me with you.

New American Standard 1977
“For the poor you have with you always; but you do not always have Me.

Jubilee Bible 2000
For ye have the poor always with you, but me ye have not always.

King James 2000 Bible
For you have the poor always with you; but me you have not always.

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
For the poor you have always with you: but me you have not always.

Darby Bible Translation
For ye have the poor always with you, but me ye have not always.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
The poor you always have with you, but me you have not always.

World English Bible
For you always have the poor with you; but you don't always have me.

Young's Literal Translation
for the poor always ye have with you, and me ye have not always;
Study Bible
Jesus Anointed at Bethany
…10Aware of this, Jesus asked, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful deed to Me. 11The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have Me. 12By pouring this perfume on Me, she has prepared My body for burial.…
Berean Study Bible · Download
Cross References
Deuteronomy 15:11
"For the poor will never cease to be in the land; therefore I command you, saying, 'You shall freely open your hand to your brother, to your needy and poor in your land.'

Matthew 26:10
Aware of this, Jesus asked, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful deed to Me.

Mark 14:7
The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them whenever you want. But you will not always have Me.

John 12:8
The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have Me."
Treasury of Scripture

ye have.

Matthew 25:34-40,42-45 Then shall the King say to them on his right hand, Come, you blessed …

Deuteronomy 15:11 For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command …

Mark 14:7 For you have the poor with you always, and whenever you will you …

John 12:8 For the poor always you have with you; but me you have not always.

Galatians 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which …

1 John 3:17 But whoever has this world's good, and sees his brother have need, …

but.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am …

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatever I have commanded you: …

John 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You shall seek …

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world sees me no more; but you see me: …

John 16:5,28 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asks me, …

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and …

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things…

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
(11) Ye have the poor always with you.--Our Lord dealt with the objection of the murmurers on their own ground, as if it were genuine, and does not openly rebuke the dishonesty of the chief objector. But look and tone, and the solemn pathos of the words, "Me ye have not always," must have made the Traitor feel that he was in the presence of One who read the secrets of his heart.
Pulpit Commentary
Verse 11. - Ye have the poor always with you. St. Mark adds, "and whensoever ye will ye may do them good." This was in strict accordance with the old Law: "The poor shall never cease out of the land; therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy in thy land" (Deuteronomy 15:11). The existence of poor gives scope for the exercise of the graces of charity, benevolence, and self-denial; and such opportunities will never be wanting while the world lasts. Me ye have not always; i.e. in bodily presence. When he speaks of being with his Church always to the end, he is speaking of his Divine presence. His human body, his body of humiliation, was removed from the sight and touch of men, and he could no longer be received and welcomed and succoured as heretofore. In a different and far more effectual mode he would visit his faithful servants by a spiritual presence which should never fail or be withdrawn. To the objectors he would say, "You will no longer have opportunity of honouring me in my human form; why, then, do you grudge the homage now paid me for the last time?"
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
For ye have the poor always with you,.... This is said in answer to the objection of the disciples, that the ointment might have been sold, and the money given to the poor. Christ seems to have respect to Deuteronomy 15:11, and which, agreeably to the sense of the Jews, refers to the times of the Messiah: for they say (h),

"there is no difference between this world (this present time) and the times of the Messiah, but the subduing of kingdoms only; as it is said, Deuteronomy 15:11, "for the poor shall never cease out of the land": the gloss on it is, from hence it may be concluded, that therefore, "for ever there will be poverty, and riches".''

Our Lord's words also show, that there will be always poor persons in the world; that there will be always such with his people, and in his churches; for God has chosen, and he calls such by his grace; so that men may always have opportunities of showing kindness and respect to such objects: in Mark it is added, "and whensoever ye will ye may do them good", Mark 14:7; by relieving their wants, and distributing to their necessities:

but me ye have not always; referring not to his divine and spiritual presence, which he has promised to his people, churches, and ministers, to the end of the world, but to his corporeal presence; for he was to be but a little while with them, and then go to the Father; be taken up to heaven, where he now is, and will be until the restitution of all things; so that the time was very short in which any outward respect could be shown to him in person, as man.

(h) T. Bab. Sabbat, fol. 63. 1.
Matthew Henry Commentary
26:6-13 The pouring ointment upon the head of Christ was a token of the highest respect. Where there is true love in the heart to Jesus Christ, nothing will be thought too good to bestow upon him. The more Christ's servants and their services are cavilled at, the more he manifests his acceptance. This act of faith and love was so remarkable, that it would be reported, as a memorial of Mary's faith and love, to all future ages, and in all places where the gospel should be preached. This prophecy is fulfilled.
Matthew 26:11 Commentaries
Jump to Previous
Always Poor
Jump to Next
Always Poor
Links
Matthew 26:11 NIV
Matthew 26:11 NLT
Matthew 26:11 ESV
Matthew 26:11 NASB
Matthew 26:11 KJV

Matthew 26:11 Biblia Paralela
Matthew 26:11 Chinese Bible
Matthew 26:11 French Bible
Matthew 26:11 German Bible

Alphabetical: always but do For have me not poor The will with you

NT Gospels: Matthew 26:11 For you always have the poor (Matt. Mat Mt) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools
Matthew 26:10Matthew 26:12Top of PageTop of Page
#282534 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:49 pm
Glen - it'll be 17 years for me without a cigarette this coming May 5 - I smoked for 30 years. the cravings do diminish. And your lungs will get better. I've sucked in plenty of asbestos and fiberglass and who knows what else, too, but the tar and chemicals in US cigarettes are worse. Just think how much money you'll save, too!
#282546 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 pm
Mike that was very nice. THANK YOU! I truly mean that.

For me, I am not concerned in the least.

You... ARE STARTING SHOW A HUMAN SIDE... Thanks Mike!
#282548 by MikeTalbot
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:10 am
Glen

Why am I broke? Divorce, company I worked for went belly up, then my health went belly up. I'm on my third brand new asthma treatment and the first one knocked my heart out of wack. Don't work because I can't work. I live on a social security pittance. I'm writing books that aren't selling much because I can't afford marketing and I'm drinking 14.00 / 55 gallon drum vodka.

I'm leaving Indie this year and chasing down a publisher. Maybe this year will be better. But I won't be digging ditches and it ain't because I'm too proud - I've done it.

But if you have any spare weed feel free to send it on.

Talbot