This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#281687 by DainNobody
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:51 pm
Stylo 3 LG phone never owned a. Smartphone b4 . too inexpensive nowadays @ this qwerty key n board is coolü
#281688 by J-HALEY
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:04 pm
Welcome to the club Dayne!
#281690 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:52 pm
Dayne I thought you were thrown out of your living situation.
?????????
Cell phone would be the first thing to go.
#281694 by MikeTalbot
Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:43 am
Glen

I'd think cell phone would be that last thing to go. I'm not in love with 'em but they are very useful when looking for housing, jobs, directions and so on.

And when is the last time you saw a phone booth?

Merry Christmas
Talbot
#281699 by DainNobody
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:29 am
Glen, sorta hard to lug around a desktop out in the field?.. that would remind me of field day back in the hamfest days.. lugging Heathkit HW101 xcvr. around setting up in tents.. 73's! :)
WN0JSB ..
yeah, never got to amateur extra class.. but had to go make a living and had to drop some hobbies in order to survive..u
#281700 by DainNobody
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:34 am
thanks HALEY!
#281701 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:13 pm
I've got an LG Stylo, too - that little included stylus is good for us with fat fingers - and the bigger screen is good for us with old eyes, too.
#281702 by DainNobody
Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:13 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I've got an LG Stylo, too - that little included stylus is good for us with fat fingers - and the bigger screen is good for us with old eyes, too.

it was between a Stylo 3 LG, or the iPhone 6 at wallyworld, 2ghz processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon), expandable memory with aid of SD card, good battery strength and life along with the ability to replace the battery if needed were strong features w/ Stylo 3, and the idea Apple charges a premium for everything ex. Lightning cable for 25 $?.. even though the iPhone 6 had the better markdown at wallyworld 399.00 down to 199.00 PLUS 45 $ ST unlimited data card, BONUS thrown in FREE and total package $194.00!!.. the aluminum case on iPhone is better idea, opposed to plastic case on Stylo3 .. but finally had to make a decision.. and the iphone6 CDMA,ST phone (might be sold out still)?..waited too long . so decided Stylo 3 better value.. and pulled the trigger.. really cool apps at google play too.. also have Android 7.0 (Nougat) OS..
#281707 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:36 pm
Not sure which model I have, had it a couple of years now. Maybe the 2. Got this case for it: https://www.amazon.com/ECTM-Hybrid-Hols ... stylo+case
It's saved it a couple of times when I dropped it on concrete! Don't use the 'holster'/belt clip part.
#281708 by DainNobody
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:30 pm
stylo2 has a bigger battery than stylo3..saw them bitching at androidcentral about that ..LOL ..bought an ear bud set 3.5mm jack? at cellularoutfitters today..and bought a case w/ tempered glass screen on ebay today..
#281709 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:16 pm
Sorry if Miss the importance of these new gadgets. I must be getting old. I have a twelve year old flip phone. No camera, no texting, no anything... Except...It only cost's me 15 bucks a month.... I have full signal everywhere...

I know, I know.... I am so old school.

But when 79 year old mrs jones boiler is leaking all over the place.... The very same boiler I tried to gently tell her would fail.........

Sounds like I am going off topic , but I am not. My reliable little piece of crap flip phone gets the calls in all the places your fancy phones don't.

I do get it. I just don't need to text , and be online to twitter, I need to answer the phone and speak and interpret the true words of the person speaking.

Dayne good luck with your new phone. I hope it works for you. Oh, more important... MERRY CHRISTMAS.
#281717 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:18 am
So true George.
The stupid pay as you go phone I have is on a network that uses all the cell towers. I don't know how or why. All I know is when my loving , caring , wife tried to switch me on to a fancy phone...
It took me less than 20 minutes to scream!!!! GET BACK MY OLD PHONE!!!!!!!

laughing, :lol: , It takes me 2 hours to figure in a text message. It takes me 1 second to figure in a person talking to me. Even texting or writing on this web site can be so confusing when someone takes it the wrong way

Just saying. Thanks for your input George. Merry Christmas.
#281720 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:52 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:So It takes me 2 hours to figure in a text message.

What?? :roll:

You get a call from a new customer, needs you right away, you tell him 'I can get there tomorrow morning, what's your address?' He tells you 42596 South 42nd Street. What do you do - write it down? next day - oops you wrote down 42695 South 43, and can't find it. If you had it in a text, you wouldn't have to write it down, it's be right there on your phone, you could key it into GPS and get there on time.

Band practice tonight - singer is going to be late, he sends a text to everyone (single message, not multiple calls) and we're all there on time, no wasted time.

Saturday night, you're going out to dinner with your wife, and the restaurant you get to where you normally get right in has a 1 hour wait - what do you do? With a smartphone, you pull it out, open the 'OpenTable' ap, it immediately finds local restaurants - with their current wait times, and you can select one, and by the time you're there the wait is over and you go right in! Isn't technology wonderful!
On the highway and traffic comes to a stop, then is barely crawling along for the next 20 minutes. An exit is coming up, but it would add 10 miles to your trip, is it worth it, or will you clear the highway obstruction 5 minutes after the exit? A traffic ap like WAZE will tell you. Isn't technology wonderful?

My old flip phone, and subsequent little pocket 1-piece didn't have the reception/clarity of my new phone.