This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#281729 by J-HALEY
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:19 am
That’s right Mike Birch. I can even pay my bills on my smartphone. I can order from Amazon, Walmart, and have anything I want sent right to my home. I was just like you Glen, that was 7 years ago. I am typing this post from my iPhone. I have a nice laptop I do 99% of everything from this iPhone. Neanderpaul taught us we could record using a nice mic to our iPhones. This phone is my alarm clock it has a reminder section I leave reminders for my old self so I don’t forget stuff and it fits in my pocket. I am one of the lucky ones that can see this small print just fine without glasses!
#281733 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:37 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:So It takes me 2 hours to figure in a text message.

What?? :roll:

You get a call from a new customer, needs you right away, you tell him 'I can get there tomorrow morning, what's your address?' He tells you 42596 South 42nd Street. What do you do - write it down? next day - oops you wrote down 42695 South 43, and can't find it. If you had it in a text, you wouldn't have to write it down, it's be right there on your phone, you could key it into GPS and get there on time.

Band practice tonight - singer is going to be late, he sends a text to everyone (single message, not multiple calls) and we're all there on time, no wasted time.

Saturday night, you're going out to dinner with your wife, and the restaurant you get to where you normally get right in has a 1 hour wait - what do you do? With a smartphone, you pull it out, open the 'OpenTable' ap, it immediately finds local restaurants - with their current wait times, and you can select one, and by the time you're there the wait is over and you go right in! Isn't technology wonderful!

On the highway and traffic comes to a stop, then is barely crawling along for the next 20 minutes. An exit is coming up, but it would add 10 miles to your trip, is it worth it, or will you clear the highway obstruction 5 minutes after the exit? A traffic ap like WAZE will tell you. Isn't technology wonderful?

My old flip phone, and subsequent little pocket 1-piece didn't have the reception/clarity of my new phone.

Thanks Mike. Let me explain one little thing. My business is not built on people that need me immediately because they have a problem because of years of neglect. I have been there and done that. I am not sitting around waiting for some person that suddenly has an emergency. My business is built on changing your bald and dangerous tires before they leave you flat on the road.

Laughing, I don't really give a damn about Mr schmuck at 42695 south 43,until he has gone through my office and posted a legitimate credit card, before, I even turn my truck that way. I'm on the road the last thing I need is asspssholes calling up looking for FREE ADVICE. Nobody gets my cell #, been there done that. DON'T WORK.
Funny, once I know I am not going to be working for FREE... My office that has all that info, can get in touch with me anywhere. People that you are describing think that I am one guy in a truck and I will work for free.
NO PHUCKING WAY!
Just to give you a real laugh.... GPS... I am such an old fart that I have been on just about every street in a thirty mile radius in the last 40 years of riding this range. The only time I even need some help is when it is a new street that wasn't there 10 years ago. The last time I got lost was going through Jersey with a truck load of explosives and was re-routed to an area that was not qualified as a proper truck route for the cargo I was transporting. THE SUN WAS SO COVERED I COULD NOT BE SURE OF NORTH AND SOUTH.
The helper I had used his GPS. It only led me further away from where I had to go. Maps I had were useless as far as truck routes... (low bridges)... Finally the clouds lifted enough to let me get my focus together... GPS... I think I should start carrying a compass. Just a funny little story
I've been riding in this rodeo for many, many years... YaGottaPayThe BandIfYouWannaThrowaParty!
Thanks Mike, MERRY CHRISTMAS.