This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#281536 by Badstrat
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:48 pm
The Day Time Ended

Aliens visit the solar-powered house of a middle-class family, and the house is suddenly sucked into a time warp that transports it back to prehistoric times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_kv8ZexN0
#281543 by DainNobody
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:05 pm
solar panels keep getting less expensive.. Harbor Freight sells a neat one good for charging batteries when you are homeless and living in the woods, at least you can keep in touch with BandMix dudes.. cause you can charge your batteries..
#281551 by Badstrat
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:solar panels keep getting less expensive.. Harbor Freight sells a neat one good for charging batteries when you are homeless and living in the woods, at least you can keep in touch with BandMix dudes.. cause you can charge your batteries..

Perhaps so, but that won't stop the aliens from transporting you back to prehistoric times, now will it?
#281794 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 am
We are down to 10 degrees here on the island, NY. We are expecting a record setting arctic blast we have NOT seen in 30 years. I suspect this has something to do with all the suns energy being sucked up by solar panels. That's energy that would have been reflected back into the atmosphere to keep it stable. To keep it warm.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

20 thousand years ago, the very place my home is, was covered by a glacier. I'm sure that glacier didn't disappear because too many FORD GALAXIES were spewing enough CO2 to cause an ice melt.

In the 70s we were all going to die from global cooling,(Anyone remember those films?). Now we are suddenly going to die from global climate change.

President Trump has broached the really important subject of research. Space research and goals. He is approaching the idea of advancing a major group of scientists that could work toward the major advancement of world wide society. Brilliant minds working unfettered with the support AMERICA. NASA!

obama dismantled NASA. So he could pay for social programs like paying for some 15 year old girls abortion. Wow I said it... DAMN RIGHT!

By the way... NASA led to the successful development of solar panels that could work under extreme conditions.

Just saying... In my opinion...
#281801 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:40 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:What!!!!!
NO REPLY!!!

Some people sleep at night.

The impact of Global Warming can't be seen in small scale things like a cold weather blast to the Northeast (BTW, -2F here this morning). Or even the fact that the southwest of the USA has had negligible precipitation for over 3 months and is in drought condition. These are just weather-related (jet stream) phenomena.
Look at the global increase in sea level and how coastal areas are gradually losing land to the oceans. This combined with land subsidence (where the land is actually sinking - a natural phenomenon) is very much a real concern - do a google news search for the Hampton Roads/Norfolk area of Virginia, where the Naval Base regularly sees flooding now during lunar high tides.
Deny all you want, that won't make the problem go away.
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... g-science/
#281808 by DainNobody
Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:27 pm
yep, we've had 25 deg. below normal temperatures for days, and more to come, so yep, global warming is real..LOL :)
#281822 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:44 am
It appears we are going into a period of global cooling. NYC is going to be encircled by glaciers and destroyed . the Atlantic ocean will freeze over and hitler will be able to move tanks and armory with freedom to attack the USA. It is national BACON day and if any one thinks they are going to get my piggy... NO WAY.

I'm just injecting a bit of humor because it does get ridiculous. Did any one see the draw bridges in Minnesota . Some were frozen open and some were frozen closed... WOW!

Stay warm everybody, this sort of cold can be life threatening.