This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#280936 by DainNobody
Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:07 pm
everything you spew is vitriolic unless you are brown-nosing one of your liberal cohorts.. why?can't you be honest just one time? :(
#280951 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 am
I don't know what or who you are pointing this too.
That's OK.
My liberal cohorts pull vitriolic behavior all the time.
Kathy griffen calling for the murder of PRESIDENT TRUMP. For a comedian THAT IS NOT FUNNY!
SHE SHOULD BE JAILED FOR EXTREME THREATS TO OUR NATION AND LAWS!

Should we go on? There is your vitriol....
#280962 by DainNobody
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:21 pm
I had never used the word vitriolic in a sentence before, and decided it was time.. he he :lol: almost for got about the word itself.. cool sounding word.. :) r
#280963 by DainNobody
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:23 pm
and it was posted, because some here go way overboard when it comes to criticizing others here.. if a guy wants to criticize that is ok, but do so in a civilized manner.. don't go rogue with the name-calling, name-calling and criticizing are two entirely different things.. :)
#280965 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:43 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:don't go rogue with the name-calling, name-calling and criticizing are two entirely different things.. :)

i won't speak for others, but personally i've never had all that much of a thin skin.

that's why when Slacker calls me "fool", Glen calls me an "ASSHOLE" and regularly refers to me as "PLANET JERK", and Haley regularly calls me "PLANET GAY".....i just let that name calling stuff roll off. no big whoop.

and you know what , there's a certain honesty and straightforwardness there that counts for more than someone who couches a beef in mealy mouthed, sleight of the hand, side stepping.

the former speaks to honesty, backbone, and character. the latter does not. :wink:
#280966 by DainNobody
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:14 pm
I look back on some of the stuff I have said, here on this board, and shake my head in disgust wondering how I could have said that.. I was not trying to say I am guiltless..
#280967 by J-HALEY
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:16 pm
Planetguy wrote:
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:don't go rogue with the name-calling, name-calling and criticizing are two entirely different things.. :)

i won't speak for others, but personally i've never had all that much of a thin skin.

that's why when Slacker calls me "fool", Glen calls me an "ASSHOLE" and regularly refers to me as "PLANET JERK", and Haley regularly calls me "PLANET GAY".....i just let that name calling stuff roll off. no big whoop.

and you know what , there's a certain honesty and straightforwardness there that counts for more than someone who couches a beef in mealy mouthed, sleight of the hand, side stepping.

the former speaks to honesty, backbone, and character. the latter does not. :wink:

Come on now Mark don't act all innocent playing the victim. Besides I said I would never call you that again and I haven't so give credit where credit is due.
#280968 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:23 pm
jeff, i trust you know that i like you, but damn, son...you're quick to point fingers and assume the worst.

just exactly WHERE was i "playing innocent"?????

how is THAT your takeaway???? i NEVER said i DIDN'T give it as good (or as bad) i got it! and no, I don't recall you saying you wouldn't refer to me as "PLANETGAY" any more...must have missed that. but like i said....it's no big whoop,
#280971 by Badstrat
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 pm
Planetguy wrote:

:) :) :) :)

So innocent for someone who goes out of his way to slander people using silly coloring book posts, or going out of his way to read something into a post that isn't there and then begin pointing the finger at "their insensitivity" (implied by you) in order to malign them.

Even a tragedy is fair game for you to accuse and slander someone under false pretense. Even in this thread you make your accusing innuendos against others. But I realize that you can't help it. But you actually not expect the ones you falsely accuse to stand up and rebuke you? Of course you don't expect rebuttal from the ones you slandered and maligned behind their backs with the those malicious captions that you put on their photos. I feel so bad for you when people call you names that you most deservedly earned.

At least I'm happy to hear how tough you are. If you actually do let the name calling roll off then why are you even bringing it up? I know why. It is so you can use that as segue to whine, piss, and moan about people who stand up to you and reply directly to your motives as well as your actions. Go figure.

By the way, I only refer to you the designation the Lord gives you. I wouldn't call anyone a fool that God hasn't first called a fool. You proudly professed your atheism many times on this site, so I only repeat what God has called you.
Psa 14:1 (A psalm by David for the music leader.) Only a fool would say, "There is no God!" People like that are worthless; they are heartless and cruel and never do right.

WOW Worthless heartless and cruel and never do right?
#280973 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:55 pm
Badstrat wrote:
Even a tragedy is fair game for you to accuse and slander someone under false pretense. Even in this thread you make your accusing innuendos against others. But I realize that you can't help it.

listen to you, you dishonest hypocrite! after the latest shoot em up...YOU used the tragedy to spout off YOUR garbage ....the EXACT same thing you're accusing ME of! What, you're on such a close personal relationship w god that he exempts you from being honest????

This is how YOU exploited that tragedy...

Badstrat wrote:So are police authorities simply ignorant or pushing the propaganda of the left? Should police even be allowed to use weapons if they are that ignorant of firearms?

but apparently that wasn't enough exploitation so you had more to wring from the tragedy

Badstrat wrote:Most murders are committed in liberal controlled cities with the toughest gun legislation in the nation. Pretty much every gun was purchased illegally on the black market or was stolen. No mass murderer has ever belonged to the NRA.

and this makes me wonder if you're suffering from senility/demtia or it's just more dishonesty?

Badstrat wrote:If you actually do let the name calling roll off then why are you even bringing it up?

get a clue. DAYNE brought up "name calling". not me.

Badstrat wrote: By the way, I only refer to you the designation the Lord gives you. I wouldn't call anyone a fool that God hasn't first called a fool.

right, invoke "GOD" and quote chapter and verse at every turn to win an argument and to justify the rotting hatred that festers in your belly.

GOD tells you to hate gays, hate muslims, hate non believers, hate foreigners, hate dems/libs, and to hate everyone who holds a different opinion than YOU.

how convenient that is for you that you have GOD'S permission/justification to "go forth and hate" so, and point fingers!

I know not what turned you into such a pathetically bitter man but i do feel bad for you.

you claim to be a "christian", and yet it appears to bring insufficient joy into your sad life ...so little so, that daily, you need more and more targets to strike out at. sorry, but that is NOT the M.O. of a happy, mentally healthy, and content person.

Maybe instead of spending all your waking hrs scouring "the news" to find and regurgitate all your hate spew against all those GOD has told you to hate, you might actually do something "christian"?

...like try spreading a little love. do some volunteer work at a soup kitchen or halfway house. spend some time mentoring someone. (i know you won't, you're just a bitter old man and this is how you get off.....striking out at those you hate)

thing is, i... a non believer (neither proud nor not proud to be an atheist) have no hate for you or anyone else here at BM. i don't particularly like you (as i don't like any hypocrites, liars, haters, and those who pound the bible and use it to spread and justify their hatred).... but as i said before....i truly DO feel bad for you that you have this festering hatred consuming you.

perhaps it IS a good thing you have BM to strike out at all those you hate if that keeps you from going postal.
#280975 by Vampier
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:33 pm
Dayne ... do not be discouraged. Your original post and the subsequent are all good. We all know that it usually only takes Planet Guy two or three Posts to derail any Post.
#280977 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:22 pm
Bite me, Comrade Boris. Spare me your typical Rooskie hacker "divide and seperate" hijinx. Funny YOU should talk about distractions and derailing...isn't that what they train you hackers to do...spread disinformation?

For the record, my reply to dayne was entirely on point.

THEN, Haley comes in accusing me of playing victim....where was your feigned mock outrage there?

THEN Reverend Slackjaw comes in w a three page personal attack....and STILL no feigned mock outrage????

I simply followed up on points THEY brought up and Slacker's personal attack. But...uh, yeah, it was ME who derailed this thread! :roll:

Good one, Boris.

Give them yet one more of your typical patronizing pats on the back and toss in an occasional "attaboy" and voila....you've got them eating right out of your Rooskie hand, doncha? Well, played Comrade!

And just as sure as you Russians love your borscht...soon enough Angelshypocrisy will be along to point fingers at ME for MY personal attacks and MY hateful words! (GO TEAM GO!)

Don't you hypocrites ever get tired of that same dishonesty?

:lol: Listen to me...i'm talking to a Russian hacker asking him about dishonesty!!!! :lol:
#280978 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 pm
Now it's time for a commercial break:

I've got a friend whose mother is Jewish and his father is Catholic.

So he goes to confession with a lawyer.

You may now resume this vitriolic thread.

Has anyone here ever heard the term "Lashon Hara"? (evil speech)

1. Definition of Lashon Hara: Negative Comments, Whether True or False

“It is forbidden to speak disparagingly of one’s friend. If the information also contains any fabrication, it is putting out a bad name

2. Biblical Source for the Prohibition Against Lashon Hara

Leviticus 19:16 explicitly prohibits Lashon Hara and talebearing that incites hatred and resentment, yet there are many more commandments that bear on the speaking of Lashon Hara

3. Habitual Speakers of Lashon Hara

The above (the seriousness of speaking Lashon Hara) relates to someone who incidentally includes something inappropriate in his speech. But those who make it a habit to talk about others in a derogatory manner (“Did you hear…..”, “Do you know she…..”, etc.) are labeled ba’alei lashon hara (lit. masters of Lashon Hara, in that such speech is an integral part of themselves), and their transgression is far more severe. They regularly create a desecration of the name of G-d; cf. Lev. 22:32 because of their rebellious manner. Though they may view their activities as social tools, such behavior cuts them off from many good things in the world around them.

4. Profound Consequences of Speaking Lashon Hara

Ba’alei Lashon Hara are also cut off from something else: (the World to Come). The Sages say that for three transgressions one forfeits his portion in heaven: murder, adultery, and idol worship, and that lashon hara is equivalent to all three. The Chafetz Chaim adds that when someone accustoms himself to speaking Lashon Hara, he rationalizes it to the extent that he begins to view Lashon Hara as entirely permissible.

The comparison of Lashon Hara to well-known and agreed-upon sins such as murder is surprising. But at the same time, we can imagine why: just as the “Ten Commandments” sins damage and destroy vital physical aspects of the world, Lashon Hara afflicts the emotional and social realms.

5. Being “Coerced” into Speaking Lashon Hara

There is no difference when speaking lashon hara whether one tells a juicy story of his own will or because someone encourages (or pressures) him to do so. Even if the speaker’s Rebbe (teacher) or parent–whom the person must honor and fear, and not contradict–requests that he tell about an incident, if the relating of the information would result in Lashon Hara or even speech that provokes Lashon Hara, he cannot say it.

If you think about it, Lashon Hara isn’t any different from any other commandment. If someone encouraged you, or even nagged you, to steal a pencil, you would still be fully responsible for your actions. Certainly social pressure for gossip seems more effective than it is for food, drink and many other areas, but that may be because we are not used to saying “no” to evil speech.

6. Speaking Lashon Hara to Avoid Financial Loss

Even when subject to great financial loss, one is not permitted to speak Lashon Hara. This may mean that he will be viewed as a fool, and denied financial opportunity by the “intelligent” people with whom he associates. When someone is confronted with a situation in which he is expected to speak derogatorily about someone, if he can respond with a simple personal philosophy (or sometimes just enough self-confidence to convey adherence to a personal philosophy), he will leave most of those situations with others’ respect intact.

7. Speaking Lashon Hara to Avoid Personal Dishonor

If someone stands to lose personal honor by not speaking Lashon Hara, he must also sustain the loss and remain silent. For example, if one is sitting in a group speaking Lashon Hara, and he has no way to separate from them at the moment, he cannot participate in their lively discussion. This applies even if he will look like a simpleton or social clod. He should try to hold himself back and remember the many sayings of the Sages regarding his situation: “Better to be considered a fool in the eyes of man throughout one’s lifetime than as a wicked person in the eyes of G-d for one moment

8. Various Methods of Conveying Lashon Hara

Whether spoken, written, or hinted with gestures or any other way (winking was described as a characteristic behavior of those who go about slandering), any communication of Lashon Hara is prohibited. This also applies if you weren’t the writer of a piece disparaging someone.

9. Disparaging Yourself Along with Others

Even if you’re disparaging yourself alongside the subject, it is prohibited. It doesn’t matter if you look even worse than the subject, and it doesn’t matter if you mention yourself first.

Rabbi Pliskin gives some nice examples:
Ben and I both shoplifted when we were younger.
Nobody in our group studies the Bible properly.
#280987 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Yod, You and many have taught me something I hope to pass on.

SORRY FOR THE CAPITALS....

LOVE IS A PHUUCKED UP THING.

Once again this will not be understood by many. However lets go look at those scriptures. Those are scriptures from God. Does that make me bad person because ... Before I even tried to interpret them... That I believe in a universe that is so HUGE.

I'm just a little guy .
#280994 by Vampier
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:41 am
Yod ...awesome.

Planet Guy ... where do you get your information about me being a "Russian Hacker" ? ... have you been speaking with The Hag ? My Father was Scot and my mother German ... I related this long ago. My Last name is BUCHANAN ... my Mother's Maiden name is BRADT. I have never been to Russia nor hired Russian Hookers. I can not speak nor read Russian. My names are ... Clarence Constantine Buchanan The Third ... Scot and Stephan George Buchanan ... after my German GrandFather. I have never been called "Boris" or "Boring" I have no Friends named BullWinkle. You really need to work a bit on coming up with something more original, fitting and intellectual ... we are dealing with musos here who are actually a cut above the "Masses".

I do not invent some mythical profile about you ... misnamed ... accusitory ... utter false and juvenile. So what motivates you to do this with me ? You only serve to embarrass yourself ... look mean and vile ... discredit anything you may say of value and most definately assure that no one on this forum will take you seriously nor respect you. I entreat you to stop this more for your own sake than mine. Get a grip on your temper "Dear Boy" as it must spawn a plethora of obstacles for you in Life. Do attempt to take on a bit of class if you can as it will help cover any intellectual shortcomings and make you much more palatable.