This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#280927 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:29 am
I have done a bit of research. I would lean toward the Honda. Just saying. My wife was creamed by a NYC cop that destroyed the 2 cars behind her and pushed her into the 4th. NYC is self insured. They have to be to keep down insurance cost. If I want to replace or PLACE A LEGAL LAWSUIT AGAINST NYC. It is out of control. Not possible and I will was forced to accept payment from MY INSURANCE COMPANY. BECAUSE I was being a responsible citizen, I had the insurance. I hate insurance It is required by law... Under obamacare I am required to pay for somebody else's MURDER of an unborn AMERICAN citizen.
Funny thing is my government forced me to replace a car at my expense.
I would go with HONDA.
Sorry if I went off on a point.
As a FREE AMERICAN DO NOT PASS LAWS TO TELL.... ME WHAT TO DO... WHILE WE HAVE A GOVERNMENT , THAT IS OUT OF CONTROL.
I would look at the Honda. :)
#280952 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:58 pm
Forget a Kia at that age unless they've already done an engine replacement on it.
#280953 by DainNobody
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 pm
I'm with Glen on this, get a Honda.. pay a little more but get big time value for the dollar.. Honda makes the quietest portable generator on the market just as an example of the quality of their products over competitors, you pay more over a Harbor Freight generator but if you have heard a Honda generator purr like a kitten as opposed to noise that is almost unbearable using a Harbor Freight generator, then you will appreciate the Honda.. I can't believe their automobiles would be any different than the superior engineering they use with their generators or even perhaps robots? :)
#280955 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:29 pm
george1146561 wrote:Does anyone have any experience or heard tales from friends about the Kia Sedona, Honda Odyssey, or Toyota Sierra? I figure I'll be in the market for one that's around a decade old, with around 130,000 to 150,000 miles.

sorry to hear about your fender bender, but good news it was just your vehicle that got messed up.

I'm guessing that since you're talking about mini vans...you mean a Toyota Sienna. I have nothing but the best to say about them. We had a 2001 that had had 240K on it w zero problems that got totaled out when some careless 18 yr old came around a blind curve completely in my lane.

We replaced it w an '08 Sienna that's coming up on 260K, and again we've replaced nothing on it, only done basic maintenance.

Big, BIG fan of the mini van here. I can get anything and everything I need in there, and best of all i don't have to take my vibraphone apart, just pop it in and out. And besides...we all know that ARE chick magnets!
#280960 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:05 pm
as you likely know...the Sienna is a van body on a Camry.

btw....like you, my first vehicle...a '68 Pontiac Tempest also had a slant six.
#280976 by Vampier
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:50 pm
That sucks George. Planet Guy ... I think your advice is very good advice ... good show. I am not that familiar with the later vehicles but I would suggest a pick up or van simply for practicality, so a minivan seems just as good and possibly even better under the related circumstances. At any rate George good luck to you and your Wife.
#280993 by Cajundaddy
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:29 am
Honda or Toyota will go 300k miles if the fluids get changed regularly. They have my vote. I currently have a fleet of 8 Toyota trucks and some of them have been rode hard as service vehicles for 20 years. They are getting ugly but still run great.
#281001 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 am
My Lord.
It is so good to hear from cajundaddy. Period. VERY TALENTED MUSICIAN!
We just bought a used TAHOE to carry around our little pig. WE need to use a ramp to get him in and out. Height restrictions are important. The ramp can not be steep.
I call it the "MU MOBILE"
I don't like the car at all... But to keep the peace... I love my wife and her little piggy.
So I do what I do with minor issues.

I wish I was with the money of ROGER GOODEL...NFL.
I WOULD TRADE MY JET IN FOR A LITTLE CAR THAT MADE PIGGY COMFORTABLE COMING DOWN THE RAMP.
Crazy...
Caring about all you guy's is crazy...
One little animal...
Buy the HONDA.

(long way home) :lol: