This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#280925 by Badstrat
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:44 pm
schmedidiah wrote:
Badstrat wrote:
Vampier wrote:They have to be protected because on their own they simply die. By the way Slacker ... excellent Posts and repartee with the lame visual attempt. Haley ... excellent point which seems lost on some. I point out that the filth and Evil minions are losing more and more, getting more desperate and insulting and untruthful with their contrived misrepresentations of fallacies put together with obvious prejudice and lacking critical thought on a general basis. They dwell in a cartoon world ... I will take the forum on BM any day or night even if it is called a "Romper Room" in yet another vague and vacant attempt to insult and demean. We are all children in different ways. Sooooooo ?

And for all to see....... Whenever they get frustrated those Bandmix “adults” run directly to their coloring books rather than reply with a mature intelligent response. It simply isn’t in them, is it? They try so hard so often to portray this Badmix General forum page as “childish”, yet they are the ones that can’t wait to bring the cute little pictures that they worked so hard on to “Show and Tell”. Go figure. Then what do suppose they do? I’m pretty sure those “grownups” run and giggle to themselves as they are probably so very pleased with their efforts.. Yes, they are truly the Bandmix adults from the General Music Chat section.

It’s a damned shame that Bandmix doesn’t have a refrigerators page. If they did we could stick their artwork on it just like their mommies did years ago.

Excellent post GARY.

But it looks like the fridge is still covered by this chestnut. Back when you spammed the board with your latest hit. Looks like you weren't too worried about posting in the wrong thread either. :roll:

https://forum.bandmix.com/search.php?keywords=Talks+in+her+sleep&terms=all&author=Badstrat&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Your turn to tell me about god. :lol:

I hope you didn't overlook the fact that it was a music post of a song in the music forum and later re- posts with modifications made to the song through suggestions from other musicians who listened to it and gave some critique for improving it. And it was not comparable in any way to spamming a thread someone else began with moronic comments and childish pictures.

But irregardless you equate that as being the same as spamming other peoples threads with your silly mocking childish artwork?
It is a small wonder that you appear to be so stupid. it is because you are.

It is hard to believe the effort you go through just to display your ignorance. And it is also impressive how far out of the way you go to press an irrelevant point that has nothing to do with what you are pretending to address. It is difficult, for me, to imagine what is it like to not be able to tell the difference between a mocker spamming a thread someone else began with moronic childish pictures, and re-posting changes made to your own music.

Is that because you are a “special” child?
Incidentally, I suppose you never posted about any change you made to any of your compositions.

"Your turn to tell me about god. "

God will not be mocked, and the fool says in his heart there is no God. I know many more that are applicable, but what wisdom is there in gracing the ears of a fool with wisdom?
#280928 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:58 am
Very powerful playing Gary. This is extreme proof of a 76 year old man...With extreme TALENT.

GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your WONDERFUL PLAYING. I have said this before....
I may just have to get a STRAT,,,, Did I just say that! :roll: :roll: :) :) :) :) :)
#280934 by Badstrat
Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:56 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Very powerful playing Gary. This is extreme proof of a 76 year old man...With extreme TALENT.

GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your WONDERFUL PLAYING. I have said this before....
I may just have to get a STRAT,,,, Did I just say that! :roll: :roll: :) :) :) :) :)

"I may just have to get a STRAT"

That’s funny. I always played Gibson or Epiphone “F” hole Archtop guitars all the years I was gigging. Musicians would bring their Strats in for me to set up in my custom shop but I never thought much of them as I had the idea that bolt on necks were inferior.

One day a friend of mine in New Mexico found an old instrumental tape I made right after I quit gigging. I only made it so my kids would remember how I played. Then Don called me for the first time is years. He knew I had quit playing but thought that I was too good of a musician to quit and that I just couldn’t stop playing. I told him I hadn’t picked up a guitar and played one for decades, so what do you mean that I can’t stop?

After that phone conversation he sent a red Fender Strat to me under the pretense of wanting me to work on it. It was one of those crappy bottom of the line Fenders that had a body that felt as if it were made of lead plywood. He wanted me to straighten out the neck for him. I told him it was such a piece of crap it couldn’t be done. So he told me to just keep it.

I played with it for a couple of days and fell in love with the body design and the how the contours seemingly meld into your body. Then he sent me a new Les Paul with a hard-shell case to tempt me to begin playing again. It didn’t work and months later he sent me brand new “New American Telecaster”. I customized both guitars and got some cool sounds from them, but after the Strat body they was somewhat lacking when I sat them on my lap and played them.

I liked that crappy lead plywood Strat so much that I bought a Carvin “Bolt” kit. That intrigued me enough to start playing a bit. It was more out of curiosity than anything else. The Carvin had a good neck but it was rather flat and uninspiring when I played it, and the body didn’t have that comfortable feel to it. But it sounded so much better than that red Strat.

So I bought a Warmoth Strat Body and a neck in order to give a real guitar built to exact Fender Strat Specs a try. My friend, Don, won out. After several decades of not playing I was hooked again. It took a lot of long hours before I was up to snuff enough to be comfortable playing anything with confidence.

Most of my friends had no idea that I could even play guitar it had been so long since I had even held one. The expressions on their faces when they first heard me sit down and play a Chet Atkins tune was priceless.

Spend some serious time with one and give it a really good trial run. You may like it. I found that my preference is HSS as far as pickup configuration.

I told my story to a fiend of mine and he looked at me as said “Once you try Strat you never go bat”. Corny, funny, but true in my case.
#280935 by DainNobody
Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:04 pm
thanks for sharing Gary.. :)
#280948 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:37 am
That was without a doubt a great life story GARY!
Wow, people posting don't fully understand how much living sometimes goes behind the story.

Thanks for spending the time to share that. VERY SPECIAL.

Yod, you are in the same category... Same as Jeff, and so many others... VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE!
#280954 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:07 pm
Badstrat wrote:
That’s funny. I always played Gibson or Epiphone “F” hole Archtop guitars all the years I was gigging.

Funny, my experience is just the opposite. I came up playing strats and teles and still love them. (Does ANYTHING feel as good as the ergonomics of a Strat???? I don't think so.)

It was only later in life when I started playing a lot of jazz that I gravitated towards hollow and semi hollow archtops.

Back in H.S., my two best friends also played gtr. Artie had a very nice Gibson ES-125 acoustic archtop w a P-90 pickup that was a lot of fun to play. His older brother had a beautiful old Gretsch Synchromstic that we were forbidden to touch...and of course whenever his brother wasn't around we'd play it.

My other buddy, Alan was strictly an acoustic player so, a cpl yrs later when we scored a summer gig playing at a Catskills resort we had to "electrify" him.

I found a very nice early 70's GUILD X-500 (big assed 17" archtop w the much coveted HB1 pu's) in a pawn shop for $200. I really, REALLY wanted that gtr for myself, but Alan insisted that HE was the one who needed it.

So, w the agreed understanding that if/when he sold the gtr... I'd buy it, he snagged it. We later had a falling out and hadn't talked for many yrs.

A few yrs ago after reconnecting, I asked about that GUILD and learned that he sold it for $250 because it fed back too much!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Good luck finding one of those for ten times that price now.

These days I have a very nice '97 Strat and a thinline Tele w a Strat neck that I put together from parts.

Since all my gtr gigs are jazz gigs these days... I don't get the Strat out of the house much but I do use the tele sometimes for noisier venues or at gigs where I can turn up.... It's set up for jazz w flatwound .012's.

Recently I traded a well loved '96 tele straight up for a '97 GUILD Bluesbird. (Guild's take on a Les Paul).

Really digging the BB, but I do miss that tele!

#280956 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:37 pm
I wish I had that 335 hanging on the wall, and you had a feather up your behind.

That way we would be tickled!!!

Quite an arsenal you've got there, Mark. Bombs away.

I once had so many guitars that I opened a store in 1985. I love the way a Les Paul plays, so now it's the only electric I have and use a guitar synth to mimic any other guitar in my home demos. I find that I mimic a telecaster most often.

Since I use an acoustic when I play live it just made no sense to hang on to more than that.

But for rock/country there is no other guitar as versatile and iconic as the Tele. As a Les Paul devotee, I was heartbroken at first to find out that Jimmy Page almost always used a tele for recording his lead parts. Stairway to Heaven being the prime example.

But all that grit and growl from a Tele can't really be duplicated by another guitar, whereas you can get other guitars out of a Tele

Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#280961 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:15 pm
no comment re: feathers.

i'm really not sure when all these gtrs showed up...but well, here they are. I might as well play them and enjoy them! 8)

that "335" is actually a WASHBURN HB35 from when they were still making them in Japan. It's a killer that i got from the sax man in Planet Jazz. He sold it to me because it was too heavy for him...(right, heavier than the BARITONE SAX he plays?!?!??!?!!!).

funny.....it DIDN'T get ANY lighter when i put that Bigsby on it! Go figure. :roll:

I agree w you about the tele's versatility and I've always found it interesting that though they aren't hugely different gtrs tone wise (both single coiled, 25 1/2" necked) teles are often used to play jazz yet strats..... not so much so.

really, the only guy i can think of who used a strat for jazz (country swing) is Eldon Shamblin.
#280980 by Planetguy
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 pm
no offense taken, ted. that's actually a pretty colorful and funny expression.

(sure hope w that reply that Comrade Boris doesn't try spin that as me derailing this thread.....or Glen doesn't accuse me of being hateful. Or UnAMERICAN!)

wait....how did we go from the original thread's topic to talking about gtrs and feathers anyway....surely there MUST be some way to blame that bad ol' Planetguy for derailing yet another thread!!!

c'mon Comrade Boris...whatcha got? you know you wanna. didn't they teach ya anything at Hacker School????
#280986 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:52 pm
I gotta laugh. Here we are on the separate political forum and we are talking about guitars. :lol:
I am pleased that we can actually talk.
Lets attempt to keep the personal insults down.
Cool bunch of musicians...
I have been deeply honored to share your life story and feelings...

If you have trouble understanding that... Not my problem.
#280992 by Planetguy
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:22 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:I gotta laugh. Here we are on the separate political forum and we are talking about guitars. :lol:
I am pleased that we can actually talk.
Lets attempt to keep the personal insults down.
Cool bunch of musicians...
I have been deeply honored to share your life story and feelings...

If you have trouble understanding that... Not my problem.

what's hard to understand???

on the contrary....all that is totally good w me. 8)
#281002 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 am
Thank you Mark.
I love you too. You are a very talented musician and spokesman.
Now get the phuck off our political page! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Positive comments always welcome.

Sarcasm, beats having to say or do the wrong thing. Sorry Mark, I apologize for my sarcasm. I honestly have no plans to hurt anyone. I do appreciate your honest conversation... Conversation that appears to have no intent to hurt someone.

Who cares... I'm just a stupid old man ,Right?

You want to talk about KORG N1?
#281010 by Planetguy
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:10 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Thank you Mark.
I love you too. You are a very talented musician and spokesman.
Now get the phuck off our political page! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Positive comments always welcome.

LOL....good one duuuuuude. 8)

Sarcasm, beats having to say or do the wrong thing. Sorry Mark, I apologize for my sarcasm. I honestly have no plans to hurt anyone. I do appreciate your honest conversation... Conversation that appears to have no intent to hurt someone.

works for me. :wink:

Who cares... I'm just a stupid old man ,Right?

hey, there a lot of that going around (looks in mirror).

You want to talk about KORG N1?

sure, but that might be a pretty onesided conversation as i'm merely a "search and destroy" keyboardist w limited skills and limited knowledge of different models of keyboards.