This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#282773 by Planetguy
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:54 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:The bad only comes from the mind of man.

Planetguy wrote:yep....being judgmental, critical, and unaccepting of those w different views, and BELIEVING only THEIR way is the one correct way. :wink:

and to be clear (and honest).....i've never "mocked" nor criticized ANYONE's beliefs when it comes to religion.

unlike others here....i make no judgment about anyone's beliefs. i'll not make judgments about how "full" or "rewarding" anyone's life is or isn't based on what, who, or whether someone worships.

lynard, i'm happy you found something that gives you joy, peace, and gives meaning to your life. that... in no way threatens, nor has any bearing on how I view things. so, why should i tell you, or anyone else what to believe? never have. never will. but shoe on the other foot? well, that's a different story. :wink:

the truth is that i'm happy for you and anyone else who enjoys that same contentment you do from their views on god...whatever they be.
#282785 by Planetguy
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:16 pm
namecalling? i call him Rev Slackjaw after he calls me names. big whooop. you've gone down that same rd, lynard.

but i never disrespected his views or anyones' beliefs re. god/christianity. (and that's even after MY views ARE dissed and mocked, still)

instead, i object and call him out on his insistence in invoking god's name and scripture to win every argument. i object to anyone using god's name and the bible as an excuse to spew hatred, negativity, and bad vibes ...all in god's name.

you get either get that distinction...or you don't.
#282793 by Planetguy
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:02 pm
My opinions are that and nothing more.

Same as yours and everyone else's.

But we were discussing our religious beliefs....

I'll say it again because you either don't get it or choose not to acknowledge it... I respect yours and everyone else's belief.

But that's not reciprocated.

And if you think about it, that kinda shoots your opinion on opinions full of holes.
#282799 by MikeTalbot
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:57 pm
I won't pretend I give everyone's beliefs equal credence, I'd be ridiculous if I did. But I do give them equal respect. Like St. Paul said (roughly), "I could wish everyone believed as I do, minus these chains..."

I will admit I'm surprised sometimes that everyone doesn't agree with me! 8) But I've been fortunate to not get beat up to much here and I try to conduct myself as a gentleman. (getting older will do that to you).

cheers, all.
Talbot
#282835 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 pm
Ancient Vegan wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

While looking up at the sky.

I agree with your last post there pig man.

"pig man". LOL.
Thanks for that. I don't know enough about pigs . I didn't want one, but now I have a little animal that my wife has taken under her wings. I actually love the little guy... But I'm getting older... I just don't feel like being as responsible as I was when I was raising human children. Now this critter could live longer than me.
Just saying...
#282997 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:47 pm
Planetguy wrote:
How have you been so easily duped by this manipulative charlatan and huckster whose goal is to keep you and I... and our nation at each other's throats?

You didn't mind when it was Obama being whatever you think Trump is on sterioids.

The fact his corruption and wickedness was overlooked and even winked at by the Left destroys any credibility they might have had to talk about Trump FIXING THE PROBLEM THEY CREATED.

It's like the Clintons accusing Trump of being a sexual predator. Laughable hypocrites who could never be trusted to tell the truth. So when the Clinton DNC (and they literally own it) talks about Russian collusion, you can bet they know quite a bit about the subject.

Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#282998 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:50 pm
Planetguy wrote:
I'll say it again because you either don't get it or choose not to acknowledge it... I respect yours and everyone else's belief.

But that's not reciprocated.

And if you think about it, that kinda shoots your opinion on opinions full of holes.

I find all of that to be 100% true.

#283001 by Ancient Vegan
Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:28 pm
I can't reciprocate believes that will end up being the down fall of this country, not what I served in the Army for, not what my older brother went to Vietnam for.

America love it or get the hell out.
#283007 by DainNobody
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:30 pm
Agreed
#283043 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:51 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:Are you two trying to be friends again?

I like it.

I gotta admit that for the longest time I thought they were the same, with a personality disorder that caused him to argue in public with himself.

:lol:
#283046 by DainNobody
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:11 pm
Psychosis?