This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#280256 by Planetguy
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:56 pm
‘A Soulless Coward’: Coach Gregg Popovich Responds to Trump

In an exclusive here at The Nation, the Spurs coach speaks about Trump’s latest outrage.

By Dave ZirinTwitter OCTOBER 16, 2017

San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich talks to the press on September 25, 2017.

We’ve all seen the San Antonio Spurs’ future Hall of Fame coach Gregg Popovich in a state of exasperation on the sidelines, or in postgame news conferences. Many of us have also heard him speak with great vexation and clarity about the direction of this country and the actions of Donald Trump, particularly on Trump’s “disgusting tenor and tone and all the comments that have been xenophobic, homophobic, racist, misogynistic.” But I have never heard this man more frustrated, more fed up, and more tense with anger than he was today.

Coach Pop called me up after hearing the president’s remarks explaining why he hadn’t mentioned the four US soldiers killed in an ambush in Niger. Trump said, “President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn’t make calls, a lot of them didn’t make calls. I like to call when it’s appropriate, when I think I’m able to do it.”

Maybe it was the bald-faced nature of this lie, maybe it was Pop’s own history in the military, but the coach clearly had to vent. He said, “I want to say something, and please just let me talk, and please make sure this is on the record.”

Here is what he said:

“I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this president had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families are so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.”

At this point, Coach Pop paused, and I thought for a moment that perhaps he didn’t have the words and the conversation would end. Then he took a breath and said:

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner—and to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers—is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office, and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this president should be ashamed, because they know better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.”

Then he said, “Bye, Dave.” And that was it. Should be one hell of an NBA season.
#280418 by Planetguy
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:46 pm
actually, all that's required for that takeaway is ears that function and an IQ above 50.

oh, and it helps if you're not a naive hater who identifies w someone who makes themselves feel bigger by running others down. (to paraphrase what Coach Pop said)

if it's all that HARD for anyone to figure out just how and where Popovich might come away w THAT impression of how trump operates.....they might consider checking their hearing and not wasting any time applying for Mensa candidacy.

you honestly think it takes "imagination" for anyone to see that trump routinely lies about everything? ...or that he's "emotionally unfit" for the office he holds? yeah....where might ANYONE ever get such a wacky notion??? they MUST have a great "imagination". THAT'S the only possible explanation! :roll:

Pop's words..." We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office,"

like i said...it only takes ears to LISTEN, and an IQ above to acknowledge those things or at least CONSIDER them.

you however see NO way that anyone might have such a takeaway from trump's words and actions short of a "vivid imagination".

duly noted.
#280421 by J-HALEY
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:45 pm
Planetguy wrote:actually, all that's required for that takeaway is ears that function and an IQ above 50.

oh, and it helps if you're not a naive hater who identifies w someone who makes themselves feel bigger by running others down. (to paraphrase what Coach Pop said)

if it's all that HARD for anyone to figure out just how and where Popovich might come away w THAT impression of how trump operates.....they might consider checking their hearing and not wasting any time applying for Mensa candidacy.

you honestly think it takes "imagination" for anyone to see that trump routinely lies about everything? ...or that he's "emotionally unfit" for the office he holds? yeah....where might ANYONE ever get such a wacky notion??? they MUST have a great "imagination". THAT'S the only possible explanation! :roll:

Pop's words..." We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office,"

like i said...it only takes ears to LISTEN, and an IQ above to acknowledge those things or at least CONSIDER them.

you however see NO way that anyone might have such a takeaway from trump's words and actions short of a "vivid imagination".

duly noted.

No, we have a poster on this site with a pathological hate for anyone that is honest about what is being done to transform this nation into a third world country. A country that makes its tax payers foot the bill whilst the entire world exploits it’s economy and consumes it, as it spirals down to a third world country and he goes by the name Planetguy. Go Astro’s :D
#280422 by Badstrat
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:04 pm
." We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office,"

He's so lame that he forgot to interject the old demoncrap standby word "racist" between the words " pathological and liar"

But the truth is this: We had a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold that office. ( And that occasional resident of the White House was undeniably a racist by any standard ) And then we defeated another champion of the looser community. :) :) :)
#280423 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:20 pm
and this too..
Attachments
obama_sexual_predator_award_meme_feature-865x452.jpg
obama_sexual_predator_award_meme_feature-865x452.jpg (83.47 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
#280425 by Vampier
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:52 pm
Dayne ... Excellent Post ... Ta.
#280427 by schmedidiah
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:42 am
out of the 4, only the Clinton one looks like it wasn't photoshopped
#280434 by Planetguy
Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:43 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
No, we have a poster on this site with a pathological hate for anyone that is honest about what is being done to transform this nation into a third world country.

awfully hard on yourself.....aren't you, jeff?
#280448 by Planetguy
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:59 pm
true about him, you, and the rest of your sandbox buddies.

you just can't handle the truth staring back at you in the face.
#280449 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:53 pm
:P

it's great to see you have been giving all of this great thought.

Go for it dude... All that' s showing is your hatred.

Hate, I don't even have time for that. God bless you man, because you seem to be one of the few that is above all other men.....................
So was hitler.
:roll:
#280451 by Planetguy
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:00 pm
yeah. nothing conveys LOVE like a heartfelt comparison to hiltler! :lol:

stuff it, you dishonest hypocrite.
#280452 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:11 pm
Wow if you are a pink pig and everyone calls you a pink pig, I would tend to think you are a pink pig.

Do you you know what we do with pink pigs? No you don't. WE EAT THEM!

Mark we turn them into bacon.

Your comment was totally ridiculous.

BUT THAT IS MR PLANETGUY, MARK AT HIS BEST!

VERY SAD!