This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279897 by DainNobody
Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:51 am
why is it that the thug-type just adores pitbulls so much? the breed was developed for bull-baiting centuries ago.. if the blood sport of bull-baiting is now obsolete, what is the purpose of promoting a dog breed that is so interbred that they are not trust-worthy when they snap and maul little children, maul other dogs and cats?'' I would like to start an advocacy group with the sole purpose to outlaw the breed as Great Britain as done.. if I hear one more time that it's the owners fault I just might snap myself.. it does not matter what the owner does regarding the behavioral problem of pit bull terriers.. it is all about the genetics.. :(
#279900 by Vampier
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 am
George ... you never cease to amaze. A most excellent piece you have written ... my compliments. I became 'hooked" on Mastiffs several years ago. English and Neopolitan.

Dayne ...whilst reading your original Post I became uncertain if you were writing about Dogs or those laughingly called "Elites" ... the inbred Genetical problems and so forth. I admit that you are totally correct when saying "Thugs" seem to be drawn to them. They also encourage bad behaviour in them as well. Most dogs desire only to please their Masters or as they say in San Francisco "Their Caretakers". I wish Thugs were obsolete.
#279902 by DainNobody
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:36 am
george, there is only one American Pit Bull Terrier, staffordshire terrier is NOT a pit bull.. may be a bulldog os some sort.. I am talking about the one and only, American Pit Bull Terrier... I am not "lumping" all bulldogs together as pit bulls.. that is one of the problems, many bull dogs look like pitbulls but are not..sorry I had to dis-agree with you, but one of the problems when certain county jurisdictions have out lawed the American Pit Bull Terrier is that Staffordshire Terriers are wrongly identified as American Pit Bull Terriers and banned or destroyed whatever euthanized whatever wrongly
#279903 by DainNobody
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:37 am
hello Vamp, how are you? hope all is well.. :)
#279904 by DainNobody
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:42 am
source: wikipedia

Widely reported pit bull attacks in popular media have resulted in the enactment of breed-specific legislation in several jurisdictions. In some cases breed specific bans have been reversed or prohibited by state legislation.[39][40] These perceptions have also led to increased premiums for liability insurance.

Breed-specific legislation has been largely found to be ineffective at reducing the number of dog attacks.[41] Research has indicated that there is resistance by those who work in the adoption industry, applying a sharper distinction before allowing a dog to be labelled as a pit bull, as well as objections from veterinarians.[42][43][44]

Many of the jurisdictions that restrict pit bulls apply their restriction to the modern American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and any other dog that has the substantial physical characteristics and appearance of those breeds. Such jurisdictions include the Canadian province of Ontario,[45] and the U.S. cities of Miami[46] and Denver.[47] However a few jurisdictions, such as Singapore[48] and Franklin County, Ohio,[49] also classify the modern American Bulldog as a "pit bull-type dog". In the United Kingdom, a pit bull is an American Pit Bull Terrier.[50]

Courts in the United States[51][52] and Canada[53][54] have ruled that expert identification, when using published breed standards, is sufficient for the enforcement of breed-specific legislation.

Approximately 550 jurisdictions have enacted breed-specific legislation (BSL) in response to a number of well-publicized incidents involving pit bull-type dogs, and some government organizations such as the U.S. Army[55] and Marine Corps[56] have taken administrative action as well. These actions range from outright bans on the possession of pit bull-type dogs, to restrictions and conditions on pit bull ownership. They often establish a legal presumption that a pit bull-type dog is prima facie a legally "dangerous" or "vicious" dog.[57] In response, 16 states in the U.S. prohibited or restricted the ability of municipal governments within those states to enact BSL, though these restrictions do not affect military installations located within the states.[58]
#279908 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:18 am
Wow some excellent sharing going on here. Thanks Dayne!
I'm stuck with pig... Love the little guy but he is dangerous if you don't pay attention to his needs. He has become very protective and if he doesn't like some one or something he makes it very clear. But that's pigs...

I grew up with dogs, been attacked by dogs, loved by dogs, and the biggest thing people have to remember is they are all animals and can be taught through conditioning to behave in certain manners.
So this comes back to other people restricting other peoples personal irresponsibility through the use of the law.
My gun is still sitting on the kitchen table. As much as I have tried to feed it and teach it not to hurt any good people and only go after bad people... The darn thing has still not moved. I beginning to doubt whether it could protect me in a crises. Sorry for the sarcasm.

I'd love to have a dog. I'm actually afraid of what piggy could do. Or vice versa.
Getting back to Daynes topic here is a dog of interest. Karelian bear dog. 50 lb dog that is so fierce it will stand up to a large bear. Don't make good house pets. Need large property. Very protective. Very dangerous if poorly placed in the human wolf-pack.

Good post guys. NICE FUN! (Sorry for the caps.) :)
#279915 by Vampier
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:01 pm
Dayne ... excellent Post. I am very well thank you. Your definitions were very enlightening. It seems we can all share a mutual interest in Dogs and other animals like Pigs, Goats and snakes. Glen one of our neighbours was a "Pig Farmer" and his Daughter was friends with my Sister. One afternoon the Farmer was overseeing the birth of a batch of piglets and his Daughter was there with him. It was his practice to kill the runt of the litter. His Daughter did not let him and hand raised the piglet. They had two dogs, a German Shepherd and a big mongrel. The pig grew up with them. The Pig was house trained and would lay on the carpet in the living room whilst the Daughter would use the Pig as a sort of couch. When you drove into their yard the two dogs would come out barking followed by the Pig snorting. They played together and the Piglet grew up to be quite huge.
#280075 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:36 pm
not so, out of the blue, generally after they are aged, they can snap and attack for no other reason than madness.. do you have direct experience? if not you are advised to get some.. such as living next to aa pitbull owner who occasionally he lets off leash and it comes over here and kills cats and destrys the side of my greenhouse smelling a cat thats taken refuge and he wants to get at it to kill it too.. has nothing to do with upbringing or owner's negligence.. it has everything to do with genetics only... ask Faron Camp my guitarist duo half.. he knows too.. he literally has had to pick them up off the ground and dangle them in the air by the leash and harness to keep from getting mauled himself.. just facts is facts.. do you really think communities are outlawing a breed cause they are as gentle as other breeds?
#280077 by Vampier
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:19 pm
Dayne when you say "obsolete" do you mean made extinct ? I am into Mastiffs but we have a Pitbull who we found on the Street hit by a car and wandering around the Cafe. The day after we took him to our House, a girl showed up saying he was hers ... so we gave him back to her. That night our dogs were barking like crazy and he "Soldate", as we named him, was back at our front gate wanting to come in. I put him to work guarding the Art School and everything has worked out quite well.

He has become one of "The Pack" ... he is an older dog but very watchful and he takes his task quite seriously. I have had many friends who had PitBulls and swear by them ... they are family people not the gangbanger types. The problems you are having seem to me to be due to the failure of the Owner ... not the Dog. One of our Mastiffs is a cat killer ... we have several ... he killed two before I leashed him more or less permanently. I am always present when he is let off, some dogs have exceedingly strong instincts and it is virtually impossible to change this so you simply take steps and address the problem in as practical a way as you can. I take him to the Cafe from time to time just to not "socialize" him, but to teach him how to behave around people, other dogs and cats like I want him to. He is the most active of our 10 dogs, he is fast and a good watch dog. If I did not treat him differently and address his problems directly then he would do exactly what you neighbours dog does even though he is a Mastiff. I sympathize with your feelings however. What Joel has stated has credence as well I believe.
#280078 by DainNobody
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:23 pm
obsolete.. as in.. what they were bred to do bait bulls is no longer a valid blood sport.. thus.. obsolete breed.. they are not sheep dogs.. hunting dogs..(although some have tried converting them into wild boar pinning dogs..etc. LOL).. firsthand direct experience with them has been nothing but headaches.. Faron Camp agrees and he has a dog meant to pin down wild boars a three way cross but with no pitbull blood in it..
#280106 by DainNobody
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:22 pm
I'm stealing this, what I heard somebody say on a dog forum.. they (pitbulls) are a THUG ACCESSORY and/or a WHITE TRASH MILLIONAIRE'S STATUS SYMBOL.. ex. a ice cube-like rapper that made it big $$$$$$$$$$$$$ with less musical talent then any musician here at bandmix ..
#280108 by Vampier
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:07 pm
Dayne ... Ta for setting me straight on your meaning. What you say makes sense on both counts ... that they are in original purpose obsolete and that they have become a part of the "Bling" for Thugs. This of course makes their future bright in the sense that as long as there are Thugs ... they have a new purpose. On the other hand they are excellent watch dogs and due to their reputation are even more effective.