This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279321 by J-HALEY
Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:27 am
In my 58 years I have never seen a flooding event that is occurring in the Greater Houston/Galveston area. The house my ex wife and I bought 15 years ago now has a foot of water in it with no sign that it won't rise even more. That area has NEVER flooded in all the past floods. This weather event is almost a doomsday type event. I would guess that about 50% or more of the homes in an area of 5 million people are affected by flood water. My son called at 1:30am to tell me water was coming in the house! I feel so helpless not being able to get there to help! Probably good with my shoulder injury healing. Hard times for home boy indeed!
#279324 by Planetguy
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:13 pm
I only came here to Romper Room to see how you were faring, Jeff.

Shitty deal for sure, but glad to learn you and the loved ones are ok.

Keep your head above water. :wink:
#279326 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:53 pm
Jeff, Prayers.
Mark, that was not a needed comment! Should I phrase in a manner more typical with your demeanor?

Should I capitalize it?????
#279328 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:50 pm
Yeah, forecast showing the rain lasting through the coming week. Terrible news, hope you all stay safe. Homes can be rebuilt, lives can't.
#279333 by J-HALEY
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:25 am
Thanks for the good words. My son was able to get to a coworkers home that didn't flood by way of a rescue boat. I am relieved. This is just an awesome storm it is a literal monster. It has set records. Rainfall 5 inches an hour for 6 hours in some places. The records set are feet above a Bayou river watershed 63' and 51" of rainfall. There are car lots new cars not the tote your note places for 20 miles on both sides of the Gulf Freeway Infinity, BMW, All brands of any car you can imagine. All of them I mean ALL of them are flooded you can't even see the cars 100's of millions in inventory all ruined. There is a reservoir called the Barker Addicks Reservoir that holds an unimaginable amount of water that is going to start releasing water at 2am there are homes downstream that will be underwater for 2 months! We are talking 100's of thousands of homes probably closer to half a million that are flooded! This is indeed an apocalyptic weather event!
#279339 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:20 am
Not to make this unimportant, or not understand the very serious nature... Now is the time, "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome". Jeff, that whole hometown of yours is going to need some very strong people to help. Good luck.
#279341 by J-HALEY
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 am
Well....... things have gone from bad to worse. I just found out that a good friend and singer/bass player whom was handicapped confined to a wheelchair has died in the storm!
I had so much fun playing in Wiseguy with my friends Bobby Murphy Sr. and Boo Mayeux.

R.I.P. Bobby Murphy Sr. I am heartbroken you left this reality may God rest your soul! You were one of the good ones! :(
#279342 by J-HALEY
Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:32 pm
Photos of my friend.

#279349 by schmedidiah
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:10 pm
:(
#279351 by Vampier
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:59 pm
Haley ... I am very sorry to hear about your Friends ands Comrade. In light of what is coming it is not a bad time to exit especially being disabled. May he be in a better place.

It is amazing that you still have Internet. The "DEMONCRAT" "Govenor"has ordered a Stand-Down. At least the people being Texans are rising to the occasion. Be careful Haley. There is
looting and you are on your own and so band together with your family and friends. Be wise and cautious.
#279354 by J-HALEY
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:33 pm
Thanks Vamp. Down here in Texas we SHOOT looters lol!
I am armed to the hilt and have approximately 500 rounds of ammo. I have a license to carry in the state of Texas. I am almost always packing. Most folks look at my pocket and probably think, he is either carrying or he has a rediculously large shlong lol! I carry a Sig Saur P250 with a 12 round double stack clip, I practice with my firearm monthly. I live by the Boy Scout motto "be prepared" :D
#279358 by J-HALEY
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:39 pm
Thanks Glen, I always thought I would play in a band with Bobby again. He got burned out with running a band with him being handicapped he had trouble getting gigs and didn't like the booking part of it. I had so much fun playing gigs with him. Got together with him one time ran thru some of the songs with endings at his house and bam we were playing gigs! I just watched the evening news and they are not saying how many people lost their lives in this storm. They said 3 people are reported dead. I know the body count is going to climb when the water recedes!