This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#279319 by DainNobody
Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:27 pm
@george:
Image result for weight of human remains after cremation
Ashes of adults can be said to weigh from 4 pounds (1.8 kg) to 6 pounds (2.7 kg), the first figure being roughly the figure for women, and the second, for men. Not all that remains is bone.
#279337 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:50 am
george1146561 wrote:So I'm sorry, once again though you are entitled to repeat your inaccurate opinion as many times as you want, you've presented no case, no evidence, no logic, no argument to persuade anyone your opinion is worthwhile or valid. Perhaps if you just repeat it again and again and again, the results will be different.

Wow...I'm breathless at the ignorance of that statement. Let's walk very slowly for you through the facts.

1. Lincoln ran on the promise of ending the spread of slavery, even suggesting it should be ended.

2. Several States made public proclamations of seceding if he won.

3. He won the election

4. They left as they said they would, and a war ensued.

If you can't see the evidence in that sequence, they you are too dumb to engage in a conversation.

But nothing is more stupid than the man who refuses to see.

#279371 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:28 pm
george1146561 wrote:What I see is yet another repetition of a post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy, as if repeating it with no further argument or evidence somehow makes it less of a fallacy. It has been established that the two events happened in sequence. Repeating that does nothing to prove that the former caused the latter.

I wasn't trying to prove the obvious. I was testing to see if you know what "common sense" means.

A horse could figure it out.

#279374 by Vampier
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:05 pm
George ... you are repeating "post hoc" ..."ergo propter hoc Fallacy" and therefore incriminating yourself. Bravo George. Yod has more patience and understanding than any of us on here in my opinion and so if you can not see his "reason" , well, that says quite a lot ... in my opinion.
#279379 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:05 pm
george1146561 wrote:Since Yod won't even make the attempt, maybe you might explain how an entire state could say something? Or, how any political entity comprised of hundreds of thousands of people can all speak with one voice? Can you do that?

There is no reason to prove the obvious, especially to the willfully blind.

Did you know that the Sun provides light and heat to the planet? If you let go of an apple it will fall.

#279395 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:09 pm
Be an idiot as long as you wish. All I have "proven" is that you won't manipulate me.

It's not my responsibility to teach the willfully blind, but here is another tidbit for you to consider. The Morril Tariff was passed in (The House of Representatives) 1859 and Lincoln supported it. It was designed to break the South and destroy the cotton industry therefore leading to the collapse of slavery. It was adopted as law in 1860

So cling to your stupid assertion that Lincoln was "an unknown quantity" all you want. Only an idiot would believe that, so I have no reason to prove the obvious. I turned on the light but you like sitting by yourself in the dark.

Last edited by t-Roy and The Smoking Section on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#279443 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:20 pm
Actually George, a lot of good water has passed under a bad bridge.

A lot of good people traded in one form of slavery for another. Many good people died. What Yod is trying to explain is so complex, I am shocked he is wasting time. He cares deeply.
Sorry...AS far as Ted, I love the guy. I don't know you. Besides, as hilarity clinton would say... "WHO CARES" "THAT WAS SUCH A LONG TIME AGO"
Tear down the statues. Erase history. Stop FREEDOM before it becomes an uncontrollable force... Or worse a nation.

Anyone the that wants to tear down history... Is nothing more than a racist , facist , coward in disguise.

WOOOW! You got a few years to sit-down and discuss this.
Probably not... Thanks BAND MIX!
#279449 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:33 pm
Keep stepping in it, george. You've discredited yourself with that belligerent attitude.

The Morril Tarrif was passed in the House in 1859, then the Senate ratified and adopted it in 1860 before Lincoln won the election. He voted for it. You say it didn't affect the South, then why were no Southern Senators present to vote?

Really...all it takes is a little bit of common sense. But since that escapes you....

As the US acquired new territories in the west, bitter debates erupted over whether or not slavery would be permitted in those territories. Southerners feared it was only a matter of time before the addition of new non-slaveholding states but no new slaveholding states would give control of the government to abolitionists, and the institution of slavery would be outlawed completely. They also resented the notion that a northern industrialist could establish factories, or any other business, in the new territories but agrarian Southern slaveowners could not move into territories where slavery was prohibited because their slaves would then be free .

With the election in 1860 of Abraham Lincoln, who ran on a message of containing slavery to where it currently existed, and the success of the Republican Party to which he belonged – the first entirely regional party in US history – in that election, South Carolina seceded on December 20, 1860, the first state to ever officially secede from the United States. Four months later, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas and Louisiana seceded as well. Later Virginia (except for its northwestern counties, which broke away and formed the Union-loyal state of West Virginia), Arkansas, North Carolina, and Tennessee joined them.

Southerners had also discussed secession in the nation’s early years, concerned over talk of abolishing slavery. But when push came to shove in 1832, it was not over slavery but tariffs. National tariffs were passed that protected Northern manufacturers but increased prices for manufactured goods purchased in the predominantly agricultural South, where the Tariff of 1828 was dubbed the "Tariff of Abominations." The legislature of South Carolina declared the tariff acts of 1828 and 1832 were "unauthorized by the constitution of the United States" and voted them null, void and non-binding on the state.

President Andrew Jackson responded with a Proclamation of Force, declaring, "I consider, then, the power to annul a law of the United States, assumed by one state, incompatible with the existence of the Union, contradicted expressly by the letter of the Constitution, inconsistent with every principle on which it was founded, and destructive of the great object for which it was formed." (Emphasis is Jackson’s). Congress authorized Jackson to use military force if necessary to enforce the law (every Southern senator walked out in protest before the vote was taken). That proved unnecessary, as a compromise tariff was approved, and South Carolina rescinded its Nullification Ordinance.

The Nullification Crisis, as the episode is known, was the most serious threat of disunion the young country had yet confronted. It demonstrated both continuing beliefs in the primacy of states rights over those of the federal government (on the part of South Carolina and other Southern states) and a belief that the chief executive had a right and responsibility to suppress any attempts to give individual states the right to override federal law.