This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#278671 by Badstrat
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:53 pm
Bakers refused to bake a cake for a 9 year old boy. Is there still equal justice for all in America?

Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake for 9-year-old boy:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ke-9-year/

You have to ask yourselves. Will he get the same treatment as gays received if taken to court ?

Oregon judge fines Christian bakers $135,000 for refusing to bake a gay ‘wedding’ cake
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/orego ... -gay-weddi
#278672 by MikeTalbot
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:21 am
I say, "When you see all these things, look up for your salvation is near."

Talbot
#278686 by Badstrat
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:32 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:I say, "When you see all these things, look up for your salvation is near."

Talbot

Amen
#278688 by Vampier
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:17 pm
Excellent points and Thread. Quite indicative of these dwindling Times in which we struggle. I am pleased I left California years ago. The "Madness" is all throughout the Country but in California it is nearly total. I am not certain what else to call it other than madness. I know the Bible mentions how in the final days there will be this sort of thing but I am not certain it refers to it with a designated term ???

It is nearly impossible now to engage in meaningful discussion, debate or even argument. Both sides must be intent upon hearing what the other states, thinking about it and interfacing it with their own views. But now, being utterly incapable of such, it has somehow become acceptable with the "masses" to put on a mask and commit crimes against innocents. It is acceptable to threaten with death now even a sitting President. I agree with you Talbot but a great many need to look into the mirror before they look up.

I have felt somewhat a "Quickening" for some time now but as of late ...it is continuous. Logic, Morality, Critical Thinking, Empathy and Courage are being quickly replaced will Evil Counterparts. Humans are being replaced with varying types of "Zombies". Dreams and Visions are being suppressed by something and despite this are breaking through now more and more. This conflict gives them only more credence for me. I have a sense that none of it will fade away but only intensify until ... very soon quite literally ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.

Methinks that grand termination lurks just out of the "sight" of the blind. At least my glimpses have always been clear and powerful and remain so. I feel a great sadness welling within me despite my increasing power and concentration. I have always avoided the Light. Now it seems that in doing so I have been able to regard the Light without blindness and contrast it to the growing darkness that threatens to engulf it. Giga Death is coming and it does so shrouded in shadow unseen by most.
#278691 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:48 pm
Badstrat wrote:Bakers refused to bake a cake for a 9 year old boy. Is there still equal justice for all in America?

Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake for 9-year-old boy:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ke-9-year/

You have to ask yourselves. Will he get the same treatment as gays received if taken to court ?

Oregon judge fines Christian bakers $135,000 for refusing to bake a gay ‘wedding’ cake
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/orego ... -gay-weddi

Others here felt it was within the baker's rights to refuse to do the gay cake, do those here also believe it is within the baker's rights to not do the Trump cake? (I hope so).
#278698 by MikeTalbot
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:16 pm
GMike

You may assume that I was equally annoyed by both of them. We should have to have to bake a cake if we don't want to, but the sword of state must be wielded fairly or we no longer live under law...

Talbot
#278700 by Vampier
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:53 pm
McARTHUR PARK
#278712 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:38 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:GMike

You may assume that I was equally annoyed by both of them. We should have to have to bake a cake if we don't want to, but the sword of state must be wielded fairly or we no longer live under law...

Talbot

Yup. Imagine that your band was requested to play at a gay wedding, and refused. The band doesn't have to give a reason, just 'no thanks'. Or play at a Trump victory party - 'no thanks'. But if the people requesting the band make a stink about it, all of a sudden its "news".
#278733 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:43 pm
So businesses that have a sign up saying 'We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" cannot do this legally?
#278855 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:05 am
george1146561 wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:So businesses that have a sign up saying 'We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" cannot do this legally?

They can put the sign up legally. But, if they actually put the sign's message into practice, they run the risk of a lawsuit. This is where our legal system gets really complicated. Refusing to serve anyone will almost never bring with it a risk of arrest. On the other hand, it can bring the risk of a lawsuit. And when the lawyers get involved, no one can predict what will ultimately be the outcome, aside from the fact that the lawyers will make a lot of money. The issues in court will include both statute law and common law based on prior precedents.

This starts to become absurd...
Applicant... So you don't want to give me the job because I'm white?
Company... No that's not it, we have requirements we have to meet under affirmative action to provide a certain amount of jobs to to other racial groups. Otherwise we loose government funding.
Applicant... Isn't that a bit PHUCKED up?
Company... Whoa you are starting to sound a little crazy?
Applicant... Maybe I am. Doesn't that make me a handicapped person? Ya Know being crazy and all...
Company... Maybe that does... Let me check with our legal department...

Company... OK... You are just the sort of applicant we are looking for... Not because of any special skills but because the lawyers told us it was OK, to hire a handicapped person, and actually under the laws it is required.When can you start? We have cleaning supplies and a senior janitor that will help you fit right in.

Applicant... Now who is the crazy one? I 'm not working to clean this dump!!!!

HUH????? :roll:
#278891 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:29 pm
DuH... Isn't that the same as limiting free speech? I guess you will never get it willie. :roll: