This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#278596 by Badstrat
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:06 pm
The silent coup has been going on 100 years, and now it is about time for the total out in the open forceful takeover of the liberty of all Americans. The phony Trump investigation is taking a giant step today. I just heard that legislation is being made in the senate to cut Trump off from leading this nation and continuing his agenda. Kangaroo court is in session.

Naaaa no elected officials that corrupt, right? Demoncraps honor the results of the election, right?

So what do you all think about starting a gulag band after we get re situated? Naturally we should do originals. I wrote a few. How about "I'm Dreaming of a Nice Gulag" or a country song something like "take these chains From My Leg" or perhaps "My Guillotine" for starters.

Any more ideas for some catchy gulag tunes?
#278602 by Badstrat
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:52 pm
yod wrote:"Please Release Me"

Your Cheatin' Congressman's Heart

The Waiting (is the hardest part)

I love rocks that roll

King of Pain

Sledgehammer

Under My Umbra-cella

Chain of Tools

Great playlist. We'll have it made. We could use a band name such as "The Mohamed Vladimir Chen Peoples band" (As not to piss too many off.)
#278604 by Planetguy
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:28 am
Crazy

Paranoid

They're Coming to Take Me Away (Ha ha)

19th Nervous Breakdown

Crazy Train

21st Century Schizoid Man

Brain Damage

Nowhere Man

Fool On The Hill

The Dream Police

Who Can It Be Now

Somebody's Watching Me
#278615 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:14 pm
Back on the Chain Gang
Working on a Chain Gang
30 Days (Years) in the Hole
Jailbreak (shhhhh)
Revolution

Stuck in the Gulag With You
#278616 by Badstrat
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:13 pm
Stuck in the Gulag With You

:) :) :) :)
#278620 by Vampier
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:54 pm
... a psuedo oldie ..."The Belsen Bop"
#278638 by MikeTalbot
Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:39 am
George

Why not chill a little bit? We live in a world where I've found to my disgust, not everyone agrees with me on every topic.

If you think about it, that's a good thing. Even if what you think is right turns out to be right (in the objective sense), you will have strengthened your position by listening to the other side.

Talbot
#278645 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:29 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:George

Why not chill a little bit? We live in a world where I've found to my disgust, not everyone agrees with me on every topic.

If you think about it, that's a good thing. Even if what you think is right turns out to be right (in the objective sense), you will have strengthened your position by listening to the other side.

Talbot

hilarious, eh?

:lol:

Jailbreak by Even Thinner LIzzie

Jailbird (who used to be FreeBird) by Lynard Skynard

More Than A Beating by Boston

Dream On

Under Pressure

Rock-busting (not) In the Free World

And of course "We're An American, Banned" by Grand Funk

#278711 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:35 pm
george1146561 wrote:
MikeTalbot wrote:George

Talbot

The thing is, when you listen to the "other side", and discover it's as boring and repetitive as a Neil Young guitar solo, eventually you have to throw up your hands in despair. The "other side" has one, and only one opinion, and pounds it into the ground every chance he gets. And then claims "victory" when he is refuted.

Some of us LIKE Neil Young solos, even if they are not technically challenging or fingerboard-shredding. It's all about the feeling in them, and Neil does put feeling into them.
#278717 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:19 pm
The thing is, when you listen to the "other side",

When did you do that?

The "other side" has one, and only one opinion, and pounds it into the ground every chance he gets. And then claims "victory" when he is refuted.
[/quote]

Many times there is only one answer to a question so having that one "opinion" is all that is needed.

Conversely, when you "refute" what is true, you are only refuting yourself.

#278719 by DainNobody
Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:45 pm
good lead guitarists study sax players or at least great sax players..known fact..