This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#278687 by DainNobody
Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:14 pm
Badstrat wrote:"I believe discussing any Christian doctrine with unbelievers is counter productive as is using it to make points in a debate. To them the thing I have to offer is Christ crucified and salvation by grace, not works. Beating them up pushes them in the opposite direction."

Was not my post in the beginning to a Christian? And who knows how many Christians reading posts on this forum are not aware of what God says about a particular topic. Now as to chasing people away by quoting scripture? Do you believe that if God decides to call a man someone posting a scripture would chase him away? God calls whom he wants and he chooses whom he wants.

I believe it is good to express the creators view on a matter, and as pointed out previously we were founded on a belief in God, and God was everywhere in this young nation. Why are we in the mess we are in as a nation? It is because when creation was replaced by "science" and no longer taught in the schools we birthed a godless creation, so to speak. Gods name was in the squares, his name was in the courts, he was in the schools, God was everywhere. No longer so. It is God who raises up nations and it is God who brings them down. It is good to point out why a nation is being punished. It is good to warn the ungodly of what is on the way.
When the bottom falls out from under us, and men have no where to turn, let them remember that the living God of creation is the one doing this, and let them call out to him. Both judgment and blessings come from God.

So we disagree, but not with animosity as some would have. Even the apostles disagreed with each other, and sometimes those disagreements were not settled.
I bet Jesus hated discussing the truth to the non-believers also Slacker.. but it has to be done, and if they do not accept the word, you are to shake the dust off your feet and move on..
#278697 by MikeTalbot
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:14 pm
I should note that my remarks are certainly not directed at anybody in particular and if I didn't like you rascals I wouldn't show up here.

As the Irish are wont to say on entering a pub
"God bless all here!"

Talbot
#278748 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:43 pm
Badstrat wrote:Neither do I feel that "preaching" is proper on a forum. Yet I feel that if my opinion is Gods opinion concerning the basis of thought on a certain topic, then Gods word should be free to be used to support that viewpoint. Such as a topic as to why so many evil men with evil ideals are now ruling over us.

Yet at some point it would appear to be a freedom of speech issue. Silencing certain opinions or arguments are the tactics of the left used to squelch free speech, free speech being the thoughts or words which a select few"may" find offensive, even though that line of thinking may be simply presumed. .

Those are separate issues, one being civic responsibility and the other being a citizen of another Kingdom.

As a citizen of a nation where free speech is the law, I support Christians having the same right as anyone else to speak their mind, since it was Christians (in forming of our nation's laws) who made sure everyone had that right.

I would never want to stifle anyone's speech as long as it is the truth (as they honestly perceive it) and it is done for the purpose of discussion leading to fair solutions. Manipulating lies (aka: anything that came from the mouth of Obama) should NOT be protected speech but it is. I wish that every new law had the provision of "If this law in enacted through manipulation or lies, it will be immediately stricken from the record until such time that a new election can occur". That would slow down the pace of DC rather quickly.

But whether it is wise to imply communication with a super-natural being (God) when talking with pagans is another issue. I find it's better to give His counsel without necessarily referring to where it comes from until asked. Attaining wisdom from the Word give us an unfair advantage over those floating through life without oars.

I don't mind someone being offended at the Cross. That's gonna happen and should be expected. But what I wouldn't want is someone being offended at my "Christian philosophy" and then using it as an excuse to reject God or marginalize the faith behind it. There are so many holes in Christian philosophy that it's just too hard to defend, and anyone who does comes across as The Morality Police, usually. Yuck. No different than the worst of Pharisees in most cases.

I find that "philosophy" coming from various denominational streams of theology is all that most Christians know. They can't recognize the difference between philosophy, theology, and the scriptures so it's mostly pointless to get in a gun fight with someone who carries a twig in their holster....but thinks they've got a bazooka.

So again, you do you, brother. My only comment was about how effective it is use God as our authority when speaking with someone who doesn't yet recognize that there is one.
#278755 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 pm
Vampier wrote:This is a Forum. It is a Forum based in the USA. It is a Musicians Forum. Musicians are Creators. The US is based upon THE CONSTITUTION. THE CONSTITUTION
is based upon the Word and LAW of GOD ... The Creator.

Planet Guy is a Declared Atheist ... the Country and it's Laws ... accept him. The Forum accepts him, as do we. We all have interchange ... sometimes heated, humourous, agreeable or deep and meaningful. Some are Christians, some are not. I am not a Christian but have no problem listening to Planet Guy, Slacker, Yod, Talbot, Dayne, George, Haley, Glen ... even Luciferians regarding their beliefs, music, opinions, rants or concerns. FREE SPEECH is as truly wonderful thing.

Let us embrace it, enjoy it, learn from it, defend it, own it. We are all Comrades
"Of The Note"... Artists ... Creators ... Musos ... AMERICANS. We all are entitled to our OPINIONS. Revel in the Discussions.

Very overlooked point...

You forgot to call anyone an insulting name... That's OK, forgiveness may be an over rated thing anyway.

Vamp, I completely forgive you for not insulting some human animal! :)
#278757 by Badstrat
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:44 pm
"So again, you do you, brother. My only comment was about how effective it is use God as our authority when speaking with someone who doesn't yet recognize that there is one."

I certainly can't disagree with that.

Yet I keep trying and perhaps when someone does recognize that there is a God, perhaps he shall also remember some of the things that he has heard. When men see his wrath perhaps some will seek his mercy.