This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#278626 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:38 am
Check it out.....43% increases for Obamacare in Illinois, the Obama State. Less choice and more cost.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08 ... -year.html

Trump was right. This is going to implode on it's own weight, just as Obama knew when he wrote most of the effects of it off until 2017 hidden in the law.

According to the CMS report, consumers in 39 states have seen individual premiums increase by more than 100 percent since the 2013 ObamaCare rollout.
#278639 by MikeTalbot
Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:44 am
Gentlemen

I'd suggest very strongly that you not intermingle religion with politics. No matter how right you may think you are, it debases religion to be put in the same stall with that jackass, politics.

Talbot
#278640 by Badstrat
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:26 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Gentlemen

I'd suggest very strongly that you not intermingle religion with politics. No matter how right you may think you are, it debases religion to be put in the same stall with that jackass, politics.

Talbot

All politics are based on religion. One side works for their father, the other theirs. :) :)
#278646 by MikeTalbot
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:01 pm
Actually not, theologians used to write about the city of God, and the city of man.

Using God to underscore mere political arguments drives people away from Christ. Not everyone agrees with you Slacker, or me either for that manner. How do you think it sounds to them when we position ourselves as being with God, hence they are just losers...

Politics has always been the city of man, whether a king, a president or even a jester.

Talbot
#278647 by Badstrat
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:56 pm
I guess we will simply have different opinions on that.

Since God is the author of all authority and God appoints all authority I can't separate the two. Theology is man inspired and is filled with the teachings of men and are not predominately God inspired, as to my limited knowledge, so I have a problem accepting a lot of what theologians teach. I have found a good many teachings in opposition to the inspired word of God. So if I say that abortion is against the word of God and use scripture to point that out, it is wrong in your opinion? If I say homosexuality is against the word of God am I wrong? If all scripture is for reproof and correction then how can you enlighten someone to Gods opinion on a matter without using what God says concerning the matter?

However I don't have any problems with people who see things differently, for as you say, their opinion is theirs and my opinion is mine, when we disagree we each tend to hold to our own opinions. Neither should I tell someone what they should not post or what they should post. How can each man not walk according to his own understanding . :)
#278648 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:19 pm
Badstrat wrote: I have found a good many teachings in opposition to the inspired word of God. So if I say that abortion is against the word of God and use scripture to point that out, it is wrong in your opinion? If I say homosexuality is against the word of God am I wrong?

Do you mean incorrect theologically....or wrong for saying it in this kind of forum?

If all scripture is for reproof and correction then how can you enlighten someone to Gods opinion on a matter without using what God says concerning the matter?

Please understand. I know that we each have a different call and accept that mine is my own, and yours is a matter of your own conscience, ok? But I'd like to give my own perspective on this sentence without anyone thinking I'd expect the same from you. I feel obligated to state that first, only because I've noticed it's harder to have an opinion without strife lately.

OK, that's out of the way. My opinion is we absolutely should use any/all wisdom we receive from the Word, and really, it's not even a fair fight once one has the accumulated knowledge of wisdom and world history which comes from a life of studying the Bible (the greatest selling book of all time by far, magnificent if only for the literatary value in the Book of Isaiah!)

However, I don't think we should even bring God into a conversation in this kind of forum unless we are asked where we get our "wisdom" from. If someone knows you are a man of faith, (not anyone in particular here) they assume you have a religious view based upon the religious people they have known personally. They have no other frame of reference. So I find it best to just talk to people assuming they are intelligent and want the best just like us, whenever possible. We simply have different frames of reference.

As a former atheist, it creeped me out when someone started talking super-natural knowledge, but it pissed me off when they brought up morality and then used the wild card of "God says so" without giving a reasoned and educated explanation. That's probably why I don't visit religious discussion boards any more...I want to hear someone's reason if we disagree. And face it; pagans will be pagans and it's their right to do so if they have no belief in "our" God. Man has always shaken a fist at God and gotten exactly what he asked for, right?

So I believe the only appropriate venue for this kind of discussion is between brothers, but not in such a public way here at bandmix that it makes others uncomfortable. I hope to relate as musician, citizen, and/or friend first. It's a musicians forum and I sincerely appreciate that we are able to go practically unmoderated here. Real freedom of speech is necessary for good art. Religious topics related to music might not be bad though? Hmmm...

But arguing or even discussing God too much in front of people who don't believe there is one (yet) is not edifying, imo. They'll ask when they're ready to know. Talking in religious terms seems to shut people down until they have ears to hear and eyes to see.

I'd bet a lot of people actually would like to talk about God under those circumstances. I've seen it happen in several bars, for example, when I go to a jam session.

However I don't have any problems with people who see things differently,
:)

I don't either but you might be surprised at how angry it makes some people's kids to disagree with them. :?

then again, maybe not so surprised

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#278649 by Badstrat
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:31 pm
I agree with one thing. The word of God offends people.

But it is supposed to. Light always offends the darkness, for that is the nature of light.

When I say that God told me he was going to bring down America I said he was going to do it with evil and corrupt men who desire to destroy our constitution and Republic. And where does that lead naturally? It leads to the fact that there are evil men in high places. And that leads to who put them there? And that leads to God put them there. And when one comes to that conclusion you might ask yourself why? And that leads to the fact that America is under divine judgement from God, for God always uses men to accomplish his will.

Granted this is a music forum, but this is not the music section. Musicians have lives affected by both what men are doing and what God is doing. Most just do not know that. Most would not believe that anything wrong is going on. Most would like to ignore what is going on in the rest of the world. Yet when I see something going on that was prophesied it for me to point it out for my own conscience sake. I see God in everything. I see him working in mens lives and I see him meddling in mens affairs all the time. The God that I know meddles in the lives of men.

If some are offended by the word of God, then let it be so, for those neither know him or wish to know him. The message of the cross is offensive to many, and that was intended, yet to some it is the message of life. Some hate you for no apparent reason. Yet there is a reason that can not be easily identified. Is it not written that to those who are perishing we are the stench of death, but to those who are being saved we are the fragrance of life? So you who belong to God, to the masses, you stink.

I do not preach Christ crucified lest I offend anyone, I do not preach Christ at all on forums. But when there is an explanation for some things that are found in the word of God, I do feel free to point them out, and that is my nature , that is my argument against the lie.

But not to worry. Soon any mention of God or his Christ will be a jail sentence and then no one will be able to point out why they have a faith based opinion. I have not even referred to scripture that many times considering the number of posts I have made through the years, yet even one reference to a Godly principle would offend many. Is that not so?

I see the end closing in on us. I see the world steeped in rebellion and sin against God, therefore I see his curse on America. I see the spiritual forces behind it in everything, and I see God pulling all the strings for his purpose. Would a watchman tell the king that he didn't warn the people of pending disaster because some might find that offensive? I tell you that the king would have his head.

I do not mean to offend anyone. But if I do offend someone then let it be through Gods word and not my words. Yet I do understand that the things of God even less the warnings from God should not be mentioned in the public square, for we have rid the square of God. Neither should the signs and warnings spoken to us through the word of God be mentioned on the air waves, for some may hear and repent, let alone mention his name. Let us be ever so quiet about God and deny him in our schools, and in our judicial systems. And let us not ever quote Gods opinion when defending THE VERY BASIS OF OUR OPINION on a forum. We should hide what God has to say about anything.

Seriously, I am sorry if quoting my God has offended anyone, but I would rather they be offended than offend God for not presenting his truth on a matter when I am aware of it.

No one has a problem with LGBT propaganda, and abortion is to be defended. Lying is a common means of swaying opinions, but truth is attacked. Complaining about what your brother has because you have not is to be regarded as honorable. To join in with those perverting the laws of this nation is to be praised. Fornication and adultery are not to be spoken of anytime, even though churches often bless those committing those sins and never show them the door.

We must be kept silent for who wishes to hear such things? We should not mention the things of God when confronting a lie. We should be silent that let the lies perpetrate lest someone be offended. But isn't that why America is under the judgment of God in the first place?

OK My rant is over... not really, but I wish not to offend anyone. But I try keep it to a mild roar. OOPS. I almost forgot.

I had to add this one question. Why would the Holy Spirit in one believer tell the Holy spirit in another believer not to refer to the things of God in public when it should rejoice in hearing words of the living God? Surly Gods words were not to be hidden and only spoken in secret when among men. All the words of men can do nothing to save a life, but the words of the living God are life.

God bless you all. I hope that wasn't too offensive :) :)
#278655 by Badstrat
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:04 pm
yod wrote:you didn't offend me whatsoever.

I just stated why I don't think it's productive to get into this on a musicians forum. Do you, man.

I didn't think it would offend you.

Neither do I feel that "preaching" is proper on a forum. Yet I feel that if my opinion is Gods opinion concerning the basis of thought on a certain topic, then Gods word should be free to be used to support that viewpoint. Such as a topic as to why so many evil men with evil ideals are now ruling over us.

Yet at some point it would appear to be a freedom of speech issue. Silencing certain opinions or arguments are the tactics of the left used to squelch free speech, free speech being the thoughts or words which a select few"may" find offensive, even though that line of thinking may be simply presumed.

The left believe there are things that shouldn't be spoken of, and they use suggestion at first, then intimidation, and then force. I know neither of you fall into that category. Yet freedom to speak of that which offends is the basis of freedom of speech for no one is bothered by what all agree upon.

Living in a world that is easily offended does not bother me. There are some who rally against property rights, because they find that offensive. There are some that resent someone earning X amount of dollars or owning too much, even though it is none of their damned business what their brother has been given in this life, and they see that as offensive. There are some who find those who rally to support the lives of the unborn to be offensive. There are some who resent our language and strive to silence our vocabulary and turn America into a "Babylon" of confused speech with every word having alternate leftist meaning. As you well know, the list is endless concerning "the easily offended".

Yet no one is truly offended in the war on words or free speech, that is simply a tool to silence opposition and destroy ideals. If you do not believe in "Climate Change" there are those proposing legislation to silence you and punish you. If you believe in property rights there are those planning to do away with them. If you believe in free speech, an army of thought police seek to silence you. If you believe in capitalism you area greedy slavery promoting tyrant. If you disagree with illegal immigration you are a racist. Has anyone noticed how very much freedom has been confiscated in their lifetime already?

A war has begun on those who lead godly lives and it is about to escalate. There is a war on our republic, and that also is escalating. Tens of thousands of bills of freedom stifling legislation are written every year to take your freedom by those elected to preserve your freedom. No biggy, it is simply the world in which we live.

Is another civil war on the horizon? Some believe so. Those such as John Benedict Arnold McCain and Lindsey goober Graham are doing their best to give your nation to thieves who are taking it by breaking our laws. And there are few to stop them. Personally I find that offensive. More and more they are standing against the laws of this nation. But as lying corrupt America freedom hating individuals I guess that is their right.
#278659 by Vampier
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:23 pm
This is a Forum. It is a Forum based in the USA. It is a Musicians Forum. Musicians are Creators. The US is based upon THE CONSTITUTION. THE CONSTITUTION
is based upon the Word and LAW of GOD ... The Creator.

Planet Guy is a Declared Atheist ... the Country and it's Laws ... accept him. The Forum accepts him, as do we. We all have interchange ... sometimes heated, humourous, agreeable or deep and meaningful. Some are Christians, some are not. I am not a Christian but have no problem listening to Planet Guy, Slacker, Yod, Talbot, Dayne, George, Haley, Glen ... even Luciferians regarding their beliefs, music, opinions, rants or concerns. FREE SPEECH is as truly wonderful thing.

Let us embrace it, enjoy it, learn from it, defend it, own it. We are all Comrades
"Of The Note"... Artists ... Creators ... Musos ... AMERICANS. We all are entitled to our OPINIONS. Revel in the Discussions.
#278660 by DainNobody
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:11 pm
we are ALL ACCEPTABLE even planetguy according to the Doobie Bros. The Captain and Me tune (the bridge) just before the outro

We are all acceptable, we are all a place in time
Moving through a passageway, bringing forth the end of time
Growin', growin', changin' ev'ry day
Knowin', showin' all my worldly ways
Hear the chimes, hear how they ring
Marking time all through the day
Light the fire, start the day, mark the light that shows the way
Changing times of fortunes past, we will all be free at last
#278661 by DainNobody
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:15 pm
but? that lyric that says, "Light the fire, start the day, mark the LIGHT that shows the way"
could be a Luciferian doctrine? and also, the part about showing knowing your worldly ways, is opposite of Jesus teachings.. is it not? are we not as Christians supposed to oppose the worldly way since Lucifer is in control and the music industry is headed by a known pedophile group? is it not? LOL :D
#278673 by MikeTalbot
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:35 am
The thing to remember is that unbelievers often have this notion we are saved / not saved when God totals up our good deeds and compares them to our misdeeds. My own brother asked me once, how I can be so sure I'm going to heaven when I am after all, the Tyrannosaurus Rex of sin.

Many atheists have first rate morals...but salvation is not about that. Lucky for us eh?

I believe discussing any Christian doctrine with unbelievers is counter productive as is using it to make points in a debate. To them the thing I have to offer is Christ crucified and salvation by grace, not works. Beating them up pushes them in the opposite direction.

A very nice lady told me once, "Well you became a Christian because you didn't want to go to hell, right?" Wrong. I explained to her as gently as a I could that before I was a Christian I didn't buy any of it. That's the problem we face. Scripture is valuable for rebuking and instruction, but only if that person is a believer. Otherwise you just annoy them.

Talbot
#278684 by DainNobody
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:07 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:The thing to remember is that unbelievers often have this notion we are saved / not saved when God totals up our good deeds and compares them to our misdeeds. My own brother asked me once, how I can be so sure I'm going to heaven when I am after all, the Tyrannosaurus Rex of sin.

Many atheists have first rate morals...but salvation is not about that. Lucky for us eh?

I believe discussing any Christian doctrine with unbelievers is counter productive as is using it to make points in a debate. To them the thing I have to offer is Christ crucified and salvation by grace, not works. Beating them up pushes them in the opposite direction.

A very nice lady told me once, "Well you became a Christian because you didn't want to go to hell, right?" Wrong. I explained to her as gently as a I could that before I was a Christian I didn't buy any of it. That's the problem we face. Scripture is valuable for rebuking and instruction, but only if that person is a believer. Otherwise you just annoy them.

Talbot
I am awfully confused about Jesus saying we are the light of the world. A city set upon a mountain cannot be hid. King James 2000 Bible You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden .
but yet Lucifer claims to be Light? Lucifer actually in Latin equals the English word light..
Jesus loves the downtrodden, Lucifer loves the intellect.. Lucifer wants a person to progress mentally to their highest achievement as an atheist would think
#278685 by Badstrat
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:30 pm
"I believe discussing any Christian doctrine with unbelievers is counter productive as is using it to make points in a debate. To them the thing I have to offer is Christ crucified and salvation by grace, not works. Beating them up pushes them in the opposite direction."

Was not my post in the beginning to a Christian? And who knows how many Christians reading posts on this forum are not aware of what God says about a particular topic. Now as to chasing people away by quoting scripture? Do you believe that if God decides to call a man someone posting a scripture would chase him away? God calls whom he wants and he chooses whom he wants.

I believe it is good to express the creators view on a matter, and as pointed out previously we were founded on a belief in God, and God was everywhere in this young nation. Why are we in the mess we are in as a nation? It is because when creation was replaced by "science" and no longer taught in the schools we birthed a godless creation, so to speak. Gods name was in the squares, his name was in the courts, he was in the schools, God was everywhere. No longer so. It is God who raises up nations and it is God who brings them down. It is good to point out why a nation is being punished. It is good to warn the ungodly of what is on the way.
When the bottom falls out from under us, and men have no where to turn, let them remember that the living God of creation is the one doing this, and let them call out to him. Both judgment and blessings come from God.

So we disagree, but not with animosity as some would have. Even the apostles disagreed with each other, and sometimes those disagreements were not settled.