This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277922 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 pm
"If you connect the dots, it is clear that Russia is funding U.S. environmental groups in an effort to suppress our domestic oil and gas industry, specifically hydraulic fracking," Rep. Lamar Smith, Republican Texas, said in a statement.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... edium=push
#277925 by DainNobody
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:57 pm
gre :( at. it will cut down on the earthquakes in Oklahoma, which is an unnatural thing..
#277937 by Badstrat
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:gre :( at. it will cut down on the earthquakes in Oklahoma, which is an unnatural thing..

Why do you say that? Oklahoma is lousy with fault lines. The first big Oklahoma quake came before any drilling was ever done there. 100+ year old volcanoes also come alive, and I'm sure some would like to blame that on oil drilling also or at the least blame it on humans somehow. Oil pockets are surrounded by rock, I hardly believe that billions of tons of rock are supported by oil.

If we accept the logic that removing oil causes the quakes perhaps we should also consider that oil is what we use to cut friction, so why wouldn't oil make the plates less stable if they are supported by a slippery liquid? Instead lets try to get all the oil out of the ground so the plates aren't lubed. . . Think about it for a moment :) :) :)
#277939 by DainNobody
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:43 pm
I will get back with you soon Slacker, headed to a jam I was invited to, in Humansville around a 28 mile drive..

but, if anybody should be having earthquakes, it is us, here in the Ozarks with the Madrid Fault so near.. the Oklahoma earthquakes are caused artificially by the water pumped into the cracks and crevices trying to flush low grade crude out.. it disrupts and causes generally small earthquakes.. will look for a map of the Okla. earthquakes maybe tomorrow and will post it, and will show the increased frequency of them the last 20 years relative to past 500 years or so if possible.. :D