This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277439 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:09 pm
I don't know you, but I thank you for sharing what I was trying to share. You may have a far better recipe. My only goal was to share what I know. I'm reposting all that you wrote because it was really GOOD! Thanks for sharing this with us.

ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
Jeff I ripped up EVERY MUSCLE in my knee. After 2 months, it still wasn't getting better. Mind you this was middle winter, I had people counting on me and every step was becoming more painful than the last. I TORE EVERYTHING. Including the tendon that runs down the front of your shin, calf muscle, hamstrings, and quadriceps . I was ready to submit myself to modern medical miracles . It was that serious. I was close to being totally crippled.

Now I'm not going to tell you this is totally perfect, but I was so desperate that my wife cooked me up some bone broth.
Amazing.
All the amino acids in that bone marrow started to heal me the next day... 4 months later I'm almost healed to the point where I may be able to go surfing... I sent this to Vamp... Don't know if he got it. Old world recipe. Must be seasoned to taste. Smile.

Beef Bone Broth Recipe
Total Time: 48 hours
Serves: Varies
INGREDIENTS:
4 pounds organic/grass fed beef bones with marrow
4 organic carrots, chopped
4 organic celery stalks, chopped
2 organic medium onions, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
4 organic garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
2 bay leaves
3 sprigs fresh thyme
5-6 sprigs parsley
¼ cup ACV apple cider vinegar.
18-20 filtered cups cold water
DIRECTIONS:
Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity crock-pot.
Add in water.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce and simmer gently, skimming the fat that rises to the surface occasionally.
Simmer for 24-48 hours.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.

I think that if I had just submitted myself to medicine... I would still be in trouble.
I watched your videos. They were great . I hope you feel better!

I am a very skilled amateur chef. Though that recipe claims to be for broth, it is actually a good recipe for what we chefs call "stock". Here are a couple of hints to make the process easier without reducing effectiveness.

Don't worry about organic or not. It doesn't hurt, but it really doesn't help all that much. Generally, the slight increase in benefit doesn't outweigh the extremely high cost.

Don't sweat measuring the ingredients. They're all good, but you will have as much good result if you keep a gallon sized zip-top storage bag in the freezer, and every time you peel an onion, carrot, celery, or otherwise have extra vegetable scraps, throw them in the bag. This means you also should wash all veggies in running water before peeling. Don't sweat the proportions of ingredients. They're all good. If you have more of one thing and less of another, it won't matter. If you have extra items, like broccoli stems, the outer leaves of cauliflower, throw them in too. All vegetables are full of vitamin goodness, so use 'em all. The same goes for herbs. Parsley and thyme are good. So are rosemary and sage, as well as oregano and every other aromatic herb. If they smell good, throw them in. Spices are good as well. Turmeric in particular has a lot of good healthy properties. Cumin tastes really good. And cayenne pepper contains lots of capsicum, which has both healing and pain-reducing properties.

All beef bones are good, not just organic, grass-fed expensive bones from Whole Paycheck. Before you start boiling the bones, roast them in the pot you're going to make the stock in. That will release both flavors and collagen, two important components of stock. And you don't have to use fresh bones. Anytime you have leftover bones from steaks, roasts, or anything else, throw them in the stock-pot as well. You especially want all the gristle you can find. That's the food term for connective tissue, which has even more collagen than bones.

There's nothing wrong with a crock pot. But there's also nothing wrong with a regular, ordinary old pot on top of the stove. That's why big pots are called "stock pots". Roast any raw bones in the stock pot in the oven first, then move the pot to the stove top and add all the veggies, veggie scraps, herbs, spices, and even leftover meat scraps. add enough water to cover and bring the pot to a full, active rolling boil for at least ten minutes, the cut it back to a low simmer. Simmer it covered for hours. You cannot overcook it. If the water gets low, add more. You should start it in the morning, and around dinner time, remove the lid and let half the water boil away.

Removing the fat is easy. Forget skimming. When the stock is done, strain it into a container big enough to hold it all, but small enough for the refrigerator. The leftover solid bits are good for recycling in your compost heap if you have one, otherwise discard them. Put the container of stock, including all of the liquefied fat, in the refrigerator overnight. The next morning, the fat will have risen to the top and solidified into a solid sheet of suet that you can simply pick off and discard. The rest should be a thick gelatin.

Reheat the gelatin/stock for easy pouring, and separate it into little plastic containers with lids. The disposable fake "tupperware" containers from the grocery store are perfect. You want to store about a cup of stock in each container. Then, when you cook things, you'll have the right amount of stock to include for gravies, sauces, soups, or anything else where you need flavorful liquid.

And, as ANGELSSHOTGUN noted, you can just consume it as soup. Heat a cup or two of stock to a low simmer on the stove, and throw in some frozen mixed vegetables, noodles, rice, or other ingredients, and you have an outstanding soup.

Thank You so much George for sharing... G.
#277464 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:35 pm
George thanks for sharing all that. Seems that you are a good cook.Thanks for offering help to my friends.

My wife made up her first batch of bone broth... It tasted horrible. BUT!!!!! All the muscles and tendons started healing the next day.

I could take this into funny stories of being married 35 years... I'm not going to ... I'm gonna say thanks George , for understanding the power FOOD.

Good post!