This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277911 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:51 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Thanks Ted, yeah they replaced my evaporator coils that following Monday ac is working like a champ!

whew, thank God!

Whoever invented air-conditioning deserves a Gold Medal for saving Texans.
#277928 by MikeTalbot
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:10 pm
Hang in there Mr. Haley

I confess you have me worried, i get a final x-ray in August and then they want to drill some holes in my right arm. Sheesh, let's see, I write and I play...how will I do that with one arm?

The quack says not to worry, it's only a three month recovery time.

Talbot
#277987 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:54 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Hang in there Mr. Haley

I confess you have me worried, i get a final x-ray in August and then they want to drill some holes in my right arm. Sheesh, let's see, I write and I play...how will I do that with one arm?

The quack says not to worry, it's only a three month recovery time.

Talbot

what are they going to do with those holes in your arm, Michael?
#278034 by Vampier
Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:12 pm
Talbot ... it sounds a bit serious. I have learned, especially in Mexico that when they say "No problem" or "Do not worry" then if you can ... punch them in the mouth. Good luck with all that. By the way Ta for the biblical reference a while back. I was aware of that verse and it was appropriate. I think that the interpretation of that one is difficult and "multi-functional.

Haley ... It is interesting that when you mentioned your injury that many others could obviously sympathize and in fact did as they have their own "problems" to deal with. I also find it heartening that everyone has great concern for being able to continue being what they are ...MUSICIANS. LONG LIVE THE MUSOS.
#278049 by J-HALEY
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:15 pm
Mike, if I remember correctly you had said you injured your rotator cuff and that it healed but pops and cracks was that you? An MRI is the only way to diagnose this type of injury. They always X-ray first because an MRI is more costly. I hope yours turns out to not be a rotator injury. After Physical therapy it will have cost in excess of 15k.
Stephen, thanks and I agree I just want to get back to my abbey normal life of working at the University and playing music for extra income. I had to throw in the quote from Young Frankenstein. :D
#278054 by MikeTalbot
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:50 pm
Last summer I nearly hit the trail...they dosed me with beaucoup steroids. I'm still here but the drugs did me a number. It's called "Vascular Necrosis Humerus Head," i.e. the top of my arm bone died.

Had MRI and it's kind of creepy to see.

They say if they drill a few wholes in it, maybe they can get blood flowing into the 'dead' area and all will be fine...or not.

And alcohol exacerbates it. Geeze...I really need a drink! 8)

I'm hoping this cup passes me by...

Talbot
#278067 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:48 am
Healing thoughts out to you all. Every morning I wake up stiff-jointed and achy, with certain parts worse than others (right shoulder and right knee, for example). But I'm thankful I can still get to the bathroom on my own right away without a 10 minute warm-up!
And as my hand rheumatoid arthritis worsens, I do warm-up and massage exercises on them every day and hope that I can continue guitar playing. Thank your higher power (and occasionally modern medicine - but not insurance companies!) for another day to (hopefully) enjoy life.
#278072 by J-HALEY
Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:42 pm
Mike, your shoulder pain is most likely due to bursitis. A bone spur that is pretty normal for us old dudes. They removed it in my right shoulder during the surgery. At least I'll have one good shoulder after it heals. During Physical Therapy yesterday the coneisioligist told me he would strengthen everything around it in the left shoulder with PT before getting additional surgery.
#278076 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:14 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Mike, your shoulder pain is most likely due to bursitis. .

I've had that since last October from trying to lift a heavy box of gear above my head to stack in the truck. It's not as bad as it was but still painful.
#278092 by MikeTalbot
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:36 pm
Mr. Haley - "Bursitus?" Nope. See my post above. I'm hoping like hell I can at least postpone it.

Talbot
#278094 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:54 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:BONE BROTH.

Beef Bone Broth Recipe
Total Time: 48 hours
Serves: Varies
INGREDIENTS:
4 pounds organic/grass fed beef bones with marrow
4 organic carrots, chopped
4 organic celery stalks, chopped
2 organic medium onions, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
4 organic garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
2 bay leaves
3 sprigs fresh thyme
5-6 sprigs parsley
¼ cup ACV
18-20 filtered cups cold water
DIRECTIONS:
Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity crock-pot.
Add in water.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce and simmer gently, skimming the fat that rises to the surface occasionally.
Simmer for 24-48 hours.
Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.

Think I'm offering false hope? ...
Just give it a shot... You will be amazed............. AMINO ACIDS we don't normally get unless you have good enough chompers to break bone when you sit down to a meat dinner. Glenn.

PS. You may be able to find it in stores... Very expensive.
#278102 by J-HALEY
Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:37 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Mr. Haley - "Bursitus?" Nope. See my post above. I'm hoping like hell I can at least postpone it.

Talbot

Mike sorry, I should have put a B behind that was for Mike Birch.
I understood your shoulder problem and it sucks when a doctor prescribes something meant to help that causes harm. I have had problems trusting doctors in the past because of that. It is why I stick with a doctor when I do find one I can trust!
I can't help but notice that doctors and lawyers are considered to be (practicing) meaning we are the ones they are (practicing) on! :shock:
Hopefully they can get the blood flowing back to that bone.
#278166 by Vampier
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:47 am
Can anyone say "WATSON...?
#278177 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:48 pm
So when I was at the race track this past weekend, there was a booth in the midway with a guy selling Tumeric oils and balms - supposedly good for arthritis issues.
I took a sample of shae butter with turmeric, rubbed it over my fingers. F*ckin'A - within 10 minutes all my finger joints were aching! I scrubbed the stuff off, and massaged/exercised my fingers all day to get past it, but even today - 3 days later - they still are a little stiff.