This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277458 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:33 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Thanks Ted, I spent the weekend with intermittent air conditioning. The maintenance here replaced the evaporator coils yesterday. Now I truly have a new system. They replaced the condensing unit 2 years ago.

Oh, you meant your house? I thought it was your truck.

Ouch. Can't do that in Houston, for sure
#277459 by J-HALEY
Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:19 pm
Yes sir Ted it made for a rough nights sleep. The evap coils were leaking. I noticed when I moved in they were really old. It's an apartment. After the divorce we are trying to sell the house, she is still living in it. After the house sells I am going to take my share of the equity and put it down on at least an acre of land on the outskirts of Houston around Crosby preferably.
#277460 by Vampier
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:12 pm
Haley ... good to hear that you are feeling better. Also I agree that going back to work is better than the alternative ... even light duties ... much healthier. I used to live in Dallas. I only went to Houston once ... lots of skylines, humidity and good looking women. I was working on the Film "SilkWood" ... in the Los Colinas Studio and went on location down on the coast for a bit. Yod is right about Phoenix ... many residents come here to beat the heat and enjoy the Sea. There is humidity here also ... 2 months at most yearly. I understand about the A/C. My Wife is allergic to A/C's and get ill so we do not have it. We use fans and ancient methods to cool our living space with water gardens and plants.

This year was the first out of the decade we have been here that there was a long "Spring". Usually it lasts only 1 or 2 days. It only ended here a few days ago. We had warm pleasant days and cool comfortable nights but now it is heating up with burning days and hot humid nights. The UV rating here is lethal without protection. Things are changing with the weather and it makes me nervous being in a place with no fresh water wells , on a fault line, at Sea Level, near the Border, getting dosed by Radiation regularly from Fukushima and very near a "dormant" Volcanoe.

Glen, I am very sorry to hear about your Daughter. I will send you an email.
#277461 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:46 pm
Dang, it was in the 80s in Alaska last week!
But there's no 'climate change', right? :lol:
#277462 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:51 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:But there's no 'climate change', right? :lol:

Sure there is, Mike. Climate change has been happening ever since God said, "Let there be light"

You can read newspapers from the late 1800s where the polar ice caps were melting and they were panicking. You can also read that there was more ice cap last winter than any time recorded in history. No one has ever argued that we don't have "climate change"

The people you listen to say we're too stupid to figure it out, as evidenced by the snarkiness of that remark. No, we realize that the climate changes all the time. Even on Mars and Jupiter.

The questions that are never answered honestly are pretty simple:

1. Is there any proof that is caused by my old Chevy Blazer? If so, can you explain why all the planets of the Solar System seem to fluctuate at the same rate of a few degrees at the (coincidentally) same time whenever the Sun throws off flares or spots? How arrogant is it of man to think we could alter the temperature of the Earth anyway?

2. How does adding another 4k to the tax bill of every American (while the rest of the world continues belching industry and our industry dies) make the temperature go down?

How does giving money to politicians fix ANYTHING?

3. Why should America cede sovereignty to ANY world body that has leaders who were not elected by Americans?

And I do believe that this thread has been hijacked so many different ways it has become a free-for-all of random snarkiness for all of us.
#277463 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:56 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Yes sir Ted it made for a rough nights sleep. The evap coils were leaking. I noticed when I moved in they were really old. It's an apartment. After the divorce we are trying to sell the house, she is still living in it. After the house sells I am going to take my share of the equity and put it down on at least an acre of land on the outskirts of Houston around Crosby preferably.

Dude! I'm planning the same thing (but with a house on the land) and closing next week on "our" house. What's taking your situation so long? Ever thought about Dallas?
#277465 by J-HALEY
Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:09 pm
Ted, I have to stay down in H-town because of my job it is a great career and I really want to retire from there. I will commute an hour to hour and a half if the land is right. I could retire in 5 years but will prolly stay to 65. In the divorce decree we agreed to wait until December 31 2017 to put the house on the market. I didn't care I kind of like not having to cut grass. That was the way she wanted it and I didn't feel like fighting it at the time.
I just got back from the orthopedic doctor. Pre-op is done and surgery scheduled for July 11th. I will be a brand new man in no more pain by October! I have been hurting in both my shoulders for years now. I have been living with it. I guess the accident was a good thing in a way.
#277468 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:25 am
GuitarMikeB wrote:Dang, it was in the 80s in Alaska last week!

Actually, my son is in Alaska. No Place in Alaska neared 80 degree temps. I just talked to him. He has no reason to LIE.

Mid 60s high temps. Sun shines all day and night. Very pleasant.

You listening to the AL GORE channel again Mike. :lol:
If you really want green energy.... I'm all for it... Let's put NASA back together... Again.
The president you supported dis-banded them because they were too expensive. We ended up paying Russia to send up our people to the space station.
That's not my point.

I want everyone to have a little green box in their house, that can supply unlimited energy. Impossible huh?
NO... We have to return to the ideals of a brave new frontier. When I was a boy. We need that major think tank to come up with solutions . We don't need politicians taxing the piss out of what is here and now. We need real solutions, even if those solutions are a hundred years in the future.

Mike, I don't even know why you posted that. Your deal... Not mine.
It didn't hit 80 degrees in Alaska. It is summer and very soon it could. (for a few minutes).
#277469 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:40 am
Jeff... I am truly sorry you have suddenly had to make a guest appearance on the HELEN BACK show.

You do have to laugh though... How the phuck did this thread get to talking about global warming. :lol:

Best wishes man. Speedy recovery.
#277470 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:19 pm
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:Dang, it was in the 80s in Alaska last week!

Actually, my son is in Alaska. No Place in Alaska neared 80 degree temps. I just talked to him. He has no reason to LIE.

Mid 60s high temps. Sun shines all day and night. Very pleasant.

You listening to the AL GORE channel again Mike. :lol:
If you really want green energy.... I'm all for it... Let's put NASA back together... Again.
The president you supported dis-banded them because they were too expensive. We ended up paying Russia to send up our people to the space station.
That's not my point.

I want everyone to have a little green box in their house, that can supply unlimited energy. Impossible huh?
NO... We have to return to the ideals of a brave new frontier. When I was a boy. We need that major think tank to come up with solutions . We don't need politicians taxing the piss out of what is here and now. We need real solutions, even if those solutions are a hundred years in the future.

Mike, I don't even know why you posted that. Your deal... Not mine.
It didn't hit 80 degrees in Alaska. It is summer and very soon it could. (for a few minutes).

HAHA! I was in Alaska last week, Glen. It hit 80F in Fairbanks on Thursday. Not sure where they report temps from, but I saw 80 on a bank thermometer readout and my wife was kicking me because I had told her not to pack shorts. Weathercom reports the high for June to date in Fairbanks is 89F.
The week before it hit 80 in Denali National Park 2 days in a row (at the visitor center, not the mountain).
#277471 by J-HALEY
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:44 pm
It cracks me up how STUPID liberals are! YES there is climate change. The earth has been warming since the end of the ice age 14,000 years ago Wayyyy before the industrial revolution at the end of the 19th century. Man has very little to do with it, if at all. The jury is still out on that one. You libs would sell out your own country restricting us from advancing technologically in the world market to advance the myth that man is the cause. All while the Chinese, Mexicans, Russians spew pollutants into the air and pass us right by. Not to mention what the volcano's of the world spew into the atmosphere (the actual cause) of climate change. Y'all would just as soon send us back to the 10th century to prove your dumbass point. You libtards may be book smart but you lack the common sense god gave a JACKASS! :roll:
End rant!
#277476 by Vampier
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:07 pm
Bravo Haley ... a most excellent rant. Yod very good lesson ... hopefully the "students" will retain. Good Luck "On the Table " Haley. Divorce ... it can kill you, turn you into a mess or zombie, set you free or imprison you.
#277477 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:49 pm
J-HALEY wrote:It cracks me up how STUPID liberals are! YES there is climate change. The earth has been warming since the end of the ice age 14,000 years ago Wayyyy before the industrial revolution at the end of the 19th century. Man has very little to do with it, if at all. The jury is still out on that one. You libs would sell out your own country restricting us from advancing technologically in the world market to advance the myth that man is the cause. All while the Chinese, Mexicans, Russians spew pollutants into the air and pass us right by. Not to mention what the volcano's of the world spew into the atmosphere (the actual cause) of climate change. Y'all would just as soon send us back to the 10th century to prove your dumbass point. You libtards may be book smart but you lack the common sense god gave a JACKASS! :roll:
End rant!

I forgot that the repubrats have 'all knowing' information to be able to do things like track global temperatures to before modern man was even walking around. The science of temperature measurement only began in the 17th century.
https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/gl ... mperature/
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/u ... emperature
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperatu ... 1000_years
Feel free to ignore the facts, but I note that none of you are buying beachfront property, either!
#277479 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 pm
Mike,

I'll see your fake news and raise you the scientist who runs the instruments that do the measurements.

This is the man who calibrates the machines that measure the seas for NOAA. I'll let him explain why the 97% "consensus" is bogus

https://www.youtube.com/feed/trending?spfreload=10