This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#277189 by J-HALEY
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:58 pm
Not down here in Texas! We have the Castle doctrine here, you have the right to defend your property with deadly force if necessary. That extends to your vehicle, for example if I see someone stealing the tires off my truck late at night it is perfectly within my right to SHOOT them dead! Just google Joe Horn if you don't believe me. He was protecting his property during the day. I don't mean to sound like a trigger happy redneck. I hope to God I never have to use my firearm. Having said that I am a dead aim I practice weekly. A Sig Saur P250 subcompact with a double stack 12 round clip. I may not get all eleven but I guarantee I'll nail 10 of them! :D
#277195 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:24 am
MikeTalbot wrote:I didn't say it was perfect Ted. But there were hardly any shootings, no terrorism and a 12 year old kid (me) could ride all over creation on his bike without fear and without parents worrying.

I can't pretend I see this as an improvement.

Talbot

Remember those days Mike... I do. I was riding my bike all over creation when I was an 8 year old. All the neighbors cared and looked out for everyone else. That was the Core value of America.

Now it has gotten so twisted, that we could be breaking the law, because we didn't use the correct public bathroom.

I say just find a tree... If it is a bigger elimination... Just find a politician... :lol: DRAIN THE SWAMP.

ONLY A FEW GIVE A PHUCK ABOUT THE PEOPLE THEY CLAIM THEY ARE REPRESENTING!
#277197 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:34 am
J-HALEY wrote:Not down here in Texas! We have the Castle doctrine here, you have the right to defend your property with deadly force if necessary. That extends to your vehicle, for example if I see someone stealing the tires off my truck late at night it is perfectly within my right to SHOOT them dead! Just google Joe Horn if you don't believe me. He was protecting his property during the day. I don't mean to sound like a trigger happy redneck. I hope to God I never have to use my firearm. Having said that I am a dead aim I practice weekly. A Sig Saur P250 subcompact with a double stack 12 round clip. I may not get all eleven but I guarantee I'll nail 10 of them! :D

Jeff, I agree with you. But let me move that thought to different level. My biggest fear living here, is the heroin epidemic that has been made possible due to open borders. We have an ice cream truck that goes through here at 30 mph. It doesn't stop for kids looking for ice cream. It does stop for meet ups with cars.
The problem here is how crazy can it get? We just had a local bank, right around the corner, robbed at gunpoint. How stupid... Immediately a federal crime. The bank has actually posted an armed guard to ease fears. Is that guard allowed to shoot someone in the prevention of a robbery? It is so questionable that if that robber started shooting at innocent people... The question in NY would be... Did that guards very presence "INCITE" the use of force by the criminal? That's how crazy it is here... Under NY law you have NO RIGHT TO DEFEND YOURSELF. Is that crazy? Even off duty police will walk away from a situation because the consequences and restrictions are so severe. I am not JOKING!!!

Any way... What are you firing out of that SIG? That gun can be formatted for many different calibers and rounds. I only bring this up because of the interest I have in reloading. People don't understand bullets at all... The most important thing about any gun. Laughing...

I only bring this up because of the massive responsibility in deciding the fate of anybody. Those words especially include the law makers that abuse the law, against the very people that the law is supposed to protect.
Anyway, Jeff...
My favorite gun is the S&W 500... Just to scare the crap out of everyone... The cylinder is rated for 60,000 ft pounds of pressure. Most high powered rifles , the chambers are rated max about the same. SAMI standards, the typical maximum pressures allowed for a cartridge of typical commercial standards are held a 50,000 ft pounds of pressure.
Now let me explain about the 500... The whole gun is actually over designed to 90,000 ft pounds. WOW!

Now Jeff I'm just trying to show you something I enjoy more than just plinking. I enjoy reloading ammo. Especially for the 500 because of the extremes it can be taken to. I have loaded rounds with 300 grains of lead and "trail boss" powder, that are cowboy rounds that are so mild, (700 feet per second) you can shoot them with 2 fingers. You can see them going down range. Laughing..... Now lets imagine a hot 3 inch twelve gauge shot gun slug being fired in your hand.... Thats as close to explaining it without letting you fire it , as I could. Now imagine a 500 grain round coming out at 1800 ft per second ... It would take the head of 2000lb brown bear... CLEAN OFF. Imagine a 300 grain ballistic round coming out of a handgun that only has a 12 inch drop at 300 YARDS... Pretty scary stuff huh? Imagine 4 feet of flame coming out of the barrel... and 3 feet of danger from cylinder blast... Hows that for fun!!!!?

WARNING, THIS IS TO STATE VERY CLEARLY, THAT THIS IS NOT TO BE ATTEMPTED BY EVEN THE MOST EXPERIENCED SHOOTER, UNLESS IT CLEARLY, AND FULLY UNDERSTOOD AND UNDERSTAND THIS IS IN VERY DANGEROUS GROUNDS FAR BEYOND SHOOTING , BUT INTO LEARNING AND EXPERIENCE THAT GO FAR BEYOND JUST PULLING A TRIGGER.

I had to put that in because this took about 2 years of careful incremental learning and experience. Don't just go try this at home.

I don't know what you are shooting out of that Sig... Just always keep in mind... Just like driving a 5000 lb vehicle...
Tremendous personal responsibility in life is required...
#277201 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:38 pm
MikeTalbot wrote:I didn't say it was perfect Ted. But there were hardly any shootings, no terrorism and a 12 year old kid (me) could ride all over creation on his bike without fear and without parents worrying.

I can't pretend I see this as an improvement.

Talbot

I agree with you, mostly, just making the point that it wasn't so great for everyone.

The situation today is a result of dishonest politics more than anything else. Government "assistance" has only created slaves to the State. The Democrats found a way to buy votes by making the lower classes dependent on them to pay the rent.

And now it's acceptable to be on government assistance, as if the State should have some control over us. We now think in terms of "what is the government going to do about my problems?". That's the total opposite of what this nation was founded on, and why we became a super-power economy.

This was always my biggest problem with Obamacare (and now whatever it is replaced with). We are giving the government, a non-personal organization run by bureaucrats, the power of life and death over every individual in the nation.

That's a HUGE mistake, which will lead to totalitarian fascism eventually. All it would take is severe economic crisis and suddenly an impersonal agency has put a value on your mother, and decides she is not worth the expense to keep alive.
Oh, she's worth it to you maybe....but that doesn't matter to policy wonks and politicians.

#277207 by MikeTalbot
Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:02 pm
Mr. Haley

I got to take apart a Sig recently and later on shoot it. First handgun I've ever fired that I thought was as good or better than Glock.

Since my Z-war books take place in Georgia I equip all the soldiers and militia with Glock .45s since the factory is right here in Marietta.

Talbot
#277213 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:04 pm
How old are you kick? I may have asked this already...

OUR GOVERNMENT CHANGED THE RULES... DOING SO WITHOUT BENEFIT TO THE MANY... BUT ONLY THE FEW.

This is becoming the biggest disgrace of every politician in office. Healthcare insurance has become a point of cost that exceeds paying all your other taxes and even your mortgage. If you don't buy in into the system you are heavily penalized.
I have to walk away from this because those politicians are just plain crazy.
Illegal foreign nationals smuggling dope and people into MY country, TO KILL AMERICAN CITIZENS!
OOOHHHH but we have to protect these law breakers.

Time to drain the swamp. Anyone need a list of all the senators and congressmen that DO NOT GIVE A CRAAP ABOUT AMERICA! They have an important job... MOST OF THEM HAVE PHUCKING FAILED. NO this is not nationalism... THIS IS ABOUT THE LAW OF THE LAND!

This has just become incredible and I see some of the weakest people in the world...You want to call yourselves Americans... Then start by standing up for the law!
#277218 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:42 am
PLEASE KICK.
STOP CALLING THEM UNDOCUMENTED CITIZENS!

They are illegal foreign nationals. THEY HAVE BROKEN THE LAW OF THE LAND! JUST AS SURE AS KATE STEINLE WAS KILLED BECAUSE OF THESE LAW BREAKERS!

Am I screaming?

Yes I am... When the law makers and breakers tell me I don't have the same protections under the law as does an illegal foreign alien...Then I am told to shut up and pay up.

SERIOUSLY?

Please stop calling these murderers undocumented immigrants.

Keep America Safe Again. We have immigration laws that have worked for over a hundred years... Because they are not being enforced, Kate Steinle and many others have died because NWO politicians are simply put...

OUT TO DESTROY AMERICA.
DRAIN THE SWAMP!
#277222 by Vampier
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:01 pm
"ShotGun and Kick" ... an awesome combination. Your recent Posts on here have been very good in my opinion. What Kick states about the "HealthCare" is very well put and combine that with Shotgun's dose of Reality concerning "names" and their significances ... most excellent.

It seems one of the morals of one of the stories ... is let us not let any "camels" in period as they will be using "Government Monies" to finance their robberies, rape, "Grooming" and murdering,chopping up and feeding young girls to their parents.

Which is more revolting ... Comey the Coward "leaking" or The Hag "leaking" ???? The "Law" that is replacing those of The Constitution and what used to be the USA is ..."Do as thou wilt" aka Crowley.

I hope that somehow and somewhere within the ruined West ... there will be a Rising of the Common Man which will rally "those who do not wish to, but who are capable of and who will if they must". As I see it the Banner and Colours of such will most definately be Christian. This is not as the "Illuminati" have planned. But I digress.

Great Posts you guys ... thank you.
#277223 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:01 pm
Anyone whose skin isn't red is an immigrant.

I hate that ignorant & backwards people are coming here to live off the benevolent kindness of American citizens, and in doing so, are turning us against immigrants who would make America great again.

My Polish friends can't even get a visa because they're so much smarter than the average American. All high paying jobs would go to them if it was merit based. And have you noticed how many Indians/Pakistanis work our hospitals?

America needs to be a beacon of light for all who will emigrate legally.

#277245 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:04 pm
yod wrote:Anyone whose skin isn't red is an immigrant.

I hate that ignorant & backwards people are coming here to live off the benevolent kindness of American citizens, and in doing so, are turning us against immigrants who would make America great again.

My Polish friends can't even get a visa because they're so much smarter than the average American. All high paying jobs would go to them if it was merit based. And have you noticed how many Indians/Pakistanis work our hospitals?

America needs to be a beacon of light for all who will emigrate legally. .

That last line you wrote... That is what the law is about..

Just for the record ... I can get some scheiner bocks on special order. :lol: Seems they only love them down in Texas.