This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276994 by DainNobody
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:01 am
yet it's a wonderful place.. I feel a big event to take place tomorrow or the next day, don't know what has notified me of this, maybe it's a false impression and I will then need to be stoned to death, but keep your eyes to the sky.. it's beginning.. :lol: maybe why our dear friend vampier has been absent, he was notified also.. :)
#277016 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:29 am
Or not...

Confession, I’ve been really depressed. Divorce final. The asthma won’t leave me alone and the doctors want to drill a hole in my arm (fallout from prednisone) and it scares me a lot, every time they touch me something goes wrong.

But the Lord has His agents. I had a long theological discussion with my pal Kelly Wilson at Kelly and Stan’s Auto in Roswell while getting an oil change this morning. The truck delivering the oil was conveniently late. Kelly always cheers me up. His words about God’s love touched me a lot. And I have a sneaking suspicion my bill should have been higher…one of those guys whom Luther spoke of when he wrote about how Christian tradesman propagate the faith…

Then later I got a call from TEVA, the drug company that is producing my latest ‘miracle’ cure. It was a very kind and well-spoken black lady who I knew somehow was a Christian.

After answering a lot of medical questions she asked me how I was getting through all this and I told her, “Because of my faith in God. I cannot lose.”

She replied, “Praise God, I’m not supposed to discuss that unless a patient brings it up but you brought it up and you are so right. God bless you Michael.”

I was quite moved, and reassured by that. God doesn’t take ten minute breaks…

Talbot
#277018 by DainNobody
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:32 am
m,y inner daemon is seldom wrong:

"look to the skies" my comment when I was informed while in trance..3rd floor is definitely looking to the skies?? LOLin the skies..LOL
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-02/b ... 84389090=1
#277019 by DainNobody
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:35 am
definitely not patting myself on the back, but it is what it is..LOL

The Daimon Speaks
Almost all of us at least once in our lives, during a sleepless night or an illness, have heard a voice which, coming from nowhere, and as it were, speaking silently, gives us advice — usually very wise advice. It is always when we are in solitude and most often at moments of exaltation that this silent voice speaks to us. Certain men of spiritual genius have heard this voice so plainly and so often as to make them believe that an intelligent being was about them, directing them with inspired counsel. The Greeks called this intelligent being by the name of “daimon.”

Between God and Man
Of what order is this daimon, which manifested itself to Socrates in childhood but was also heard by Apollonius of Tyana only after he had begun to put into practice the Hermetic principles? “They are intermediate powers of a divine order. They fashion dreams, inspire soothsayers,” says Apuleius. “They are inferior immortals, called gods of the second rank, placed between earth and heaven,” says Maximus of Tyre. Plato thinks that a kind of spirit, which is separate from us, receives man at his birth, and follows him in life and after death. He calls it “the daimon which has received us as its portionment.” The ancient idea of the daimon seems, therefore, to be analogous to the guardian angel of Christians.
Possibly the daimon is nothing but the higher part of man’s spirit, that which is separated from the human element and is capable, through ecstasy, of becoming one with the universal spirit. To an organism that has been purified, therefore, it’s daimon would be able in certain conditions to transmit both the vision of past events, the image of which happens to be accessible to it, and that portion of the future the causes of which are already in existence, and the effects of which are consequently foreseeable.
But the fact that the daimon had preferences among Socrates’ friends, that it chose between them, seems to show that its intelligence was different from that of Socrates himself. Socrates often said that this inner voice, which many times deterred him from doing one thing, never incited him to do something else. Now, it is a rule among adepts never to give any but negative advice; for he who advises someone to do a thing not only takes upon himself the burden of the consequences but also deprives the man he advises of all merit in the action.
Apollonius believed that between the imperfection of man and the most exalted among the hierarchy of creation there existed intermediaries. One of his intermediaries was the ideal of beauty that we make for ourselves, an ideal that is formless but is nonetheless real on another plane of life. This ideal was the daimon, the reality of which became the greater in proportion as the idea of it became the more powerful in its creator’s mind.
#277021 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:15 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Or not...

Confession, I’ve been really depressed. Divorce final. The asthma won’t leave me alone and the doctors want to drill a hole in my arm (fallout from prednisone) and it scares me a lot, every time they touch me something goes wrong.
Talbot

Hey man, not sure where I was but don't remember it.

how you doing?
#277024 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:08 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Or not...

But the Lord has His agents. I had a long theological discussion with my pal Kelly Wilson at Kelly and Stan’s Auto in Roswell while getting an oil change this morning. The truck delivering the oil was conveniently late. Kelly always cheers me up. His words about God’s love touched me a lot. And I have a sneaking suspicion my bill should have been higher…one of those guys whom Luther spoke of when he wrote about how Christian tradesman propagate the faith…

Then later I got a call from TEVA, the drug company that is producing my latest ‘miracle’ cure. It was a very kind and well-spoken black lady who I knew somehow was a Christian.

After answering a lot of medical questions she asked me how I was getting through all this and I told her, “Because of my faith in God. I cannot lose.”

She replied, “Praise God, I’m not supposed to discuss that unless a patient brings it up but you brought it up and you are so right. God bless you Michael.”

I was quite moved, and reassured by that. God doesn’t take ten minute breaks…

Talbot

True Mike... I know it doesn't mean much, but I still like you. BEST WISHES.
#277028 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:26 pm
Talbot - sorry you are still having health issues. Divorce/big change of lifestyle is tough, but a chance to put the worst of what's behind you, behind you and to move on. Keep the faith.
#277031 by J-HALEY
Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:19 pm
Talbout, sorry you are going through all of this! I went through a divorce 2.5 years ago. It is like mourning a death. You never really get over it but somehow you just learn to live with it. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel! I have met someone that makes me happy again and you will too. God bless you!
#277039 by Planetguy
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:33 pm
Mike, real sorry to hear you're having a tough time. But I know that you're a tough old bastard, so my money is on you, man. Real glad you have your faith to help pull you thru.

Eye on the prize and straight ahead. 8)
#277046 by MikeTalbot
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:27 pm
Well thanks boys...I truly appreciate your words. And don't worry I'm not dead yet and world is full of dames...

I'm still hustling while I recuperate. I just published another book and a short story. check me out on Amazon (Michael Peirce) Plus a publisher has expressed interest in my upcoming 'African Days, Hollywood Nights.'

You can check my FB page for an excerpt - the story of the odd circumstances around the Rickenbacker bass I had while goofing around overseas.

Then last night I worked out for two hours on my keyboard. I'm great in C but I hate all those other annoying keys! 8) I'm looking at guitar time tonight.

If I get fixed up a bit more I can rejoin my band so I need to work on the bass as well. (director is covering for me with her left hand on piano)

God bless you all
Talbot
#277047 by DainNobody
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:59 pm
Mike, are you related to Ted? his last name is Pierce? or so I thought?..
#277049 by DainNobody
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:02 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Well thanks boys...I truly appreciate your words. And don't worry I'm not dead yet and world is full of dames...

I'm still hustling while I recuperate. I just published another book and a short story. check me out on Amazon (Michael Peirce) Plus a publisher has expressed interest in my upcoming 'African Days, Hollywood Nights.'

You can check my FB page for an excerpt - the story of the odd circumstances around the Rickenbacker bass I had while goofing around overseas.

Then last night I worked out for two hours on my keyboard. I'm great in C but I hate all those other annoying keys! 8) I'm looking at guitar time tonight.

If I get fixed up a bit more I can rejoin my band so I need to work on the bass as well. (director is covering for me with her left hand on piano)

God bless you all
Talbot

why don't you just play the black keys on the keyboard as Irving Berlin did? he exclusively played in F# all the time.. but had a piano that could transpose to any key with a lever of some sort.. a transposing piano I think they are called..
#277050 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:03 am
Planetguy wrote:Mike, real sorry to hear you're having a tough time. But I know that you're a tough old bastard, so my money is on you, man. Real glad you have your faith to help pull you thru.

I'm suddenly getting chest pains. Shiit... this could be my last pos
#277055 by Planetguy
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:28 am
ANGELSSHOTGUN wrote:
Planetguy wrote:Mike, real sorry to hear you're having a tough time. But I know that you're a tough old bastard, so my money is on you, man. Real glad you have your faith to help pull you thru.

I'm suddenly getting chest pains. Shiit... this could be my last pos

it's late and i'm just home from a P-JAZZ gig..the wife's asleep and i'm wired from a fun gig w nothing better to do so i'll play along...

and WHY do you have chest pains, glen?

are you SURPRISED that i would offer up well wishes to Mike?

are you SURPRISED I called Mike a "tough old bastard"?

or are you SURPRISED i would tell him that i'm happy he has his faith to pull him thru?

do me a favor...if those chest pains continue, pls see a doctor. stat.
#277060 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:49 am
NOPE... IT WAS ... Just a gas bubble from having so many people trying to ram craap down my throat.
Sorry... I didn't mean to get your hopes up.