This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276545 by DainNobody
Mon May 15, 2017 2:05 pm
the Libertarians philosophy seems to close to Ayn Rand's philosophy for my tastes.. but since the Whigs are defunct, I know not what to do.. there is a time and a place for compassion to the needy, and Libertarians just don't seem to realize that..
#276571 by DainNobody
Tue May 16, 2017 12:47 am
my definition of compassion is when an older gentleman or woman has basically worn their joints out doing some sort of laborious menial work all their lives due to the fact they had autism or some other mental issue and were not capable of mentally "progressing" to a less strenuous and more of an intellectually better paying job .. they deserve asssitance.. food stamps, old folks home, social security check something to get then through their remaining years.. compassion is not rewarding some ghetto dweller money for producing more babies , and the babies do not have a "real" father because she then can bypass certain rules and regulations in order to draw more welfare, and people especially the liberals don't realize that when you start tossing out maternity leave and 20 days sick leave, money to clip your penis off becuse you have decided your a girl although born a male, that it DRIVES up the prices of SERVICES and PRODUCTS because nobody will eat the burden and simply pass the cost on to the end consumer.. there are many people deserving of COMPASSION financially, but let the people EARN that right.. don't simply hand out government money for stupid illogical reasons, do like the Victorians did, have a BOARD of gentleman decide who is worthy to move into the poor house and weed out the morally corrupt like the druggies, the whores, the junkies and let then lay in the bed they made for themselves..
#276572 by DainNobody
Tue May 16, 2017 12:55 am
when I see that TV commercial come on with individuals blurting out it was crack, another says, heroin, another says blah blah , and then the "doctor" in a white-coat says don't let your addiction kill you or worse, hurt others, get the help you need to beat your addiction, I CRINGE EVERY PHREAKING time I see it and mute it as fast as I can find the remote.. that was an OBAMA sponsored thing.. why should I have pity for a morally corrupt addit at MY EXPENSE using my tax dollars to help somebody that never learned to help themselves? that was weak?.. another thing I see prisoners are treated better than I am medically, educationally, and I have not broken the law? WHY? why do they desrerve dental care better than I can afford? why do they get free education at my expense? be like the ancient Romans and put them in salt mines to pay society back for their immorality.. :)
#276576 by DainNobody
Tue May 16, 2017 6:39 am
no, I do not believe that..we should also believe as President Hoover did, that families will pitch in and help with the social welfare, but many families can not pull that off..so, the government steps in to provide relief.. :)
#276586 by Vampier
Tue May 16, 2017 6:59 pm
The Political filth that comprise "Government" are anything but compassionate so the "Governments" of the world become increasingly less compassionate if they ever were and more Evil.
#276783 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat May 20, 2017 11:00 pm
Kick Asner wrote:Do you believe that only government is capable of compassion?

NO! THAT IS NOT THE JOB OF GOVERNMENT!

You don't steal from one caring hand... To enact and enforce laws... against that caring hand to be certain it occurs... All in them name of securing a permanent job.

It is time to "DRAIN THE SWAMP!"
#276785 by MikeTalbot
Sun May 21, 2017 1:20 am
Scripture tells me to be kind to the poor. It does NOT tell me to steal money from my neighbors, keep some of it, and parcel the rest of it out to constituencies.

Talbot
#276792 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun May 21, 2017 10:06 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Scripture tells me to be kind to the poor. It does NOT tell me to steal money from my neighbors, keep some of it, and parcel the rest of it out to constituencies.

Talbot

HOMERUN, BASES LOADED...