This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276414 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon May 08, 2017 3:31 pm
Kick Asner wrote:Fix may be the wrong word. You would actually eliminate it, and implement a free market system. It would be administered the same way other products and services are. If you need it, you go buy it.

Many would say, but its to expensive for most people. That may be the case with the current system, but once you got the politicians out of it, the free market would drive prices down the same way they do everything else. Another question that would arise, is what about greed. That's why you get the greedy politicians out of it. Without their insatiable greed, the system could maintain a proper balance.

Amen, except that the politicians are being driven by the insurance companies, who are able to charge exorbitant rates because the customer doesn't see themselves as paying for it.

But we all do.

#276430 by Badstrat
Tue May 09, 2017 12:37 am
Your solution is the "lets pretend game" that will never happen.

When the repukes sent a bill to obama to repeal it, all but three repukes signed it. They sent it to him to be vetoed several times to scam the stupids that elected them to office. They wanted the stupids to believe they were actually making an effort to repeal it. They sent it to him because they knew there wasn't a chance in hell that he would sign it. They depended on him to veto it. Now that someone is there who would sign it only a handful of them voted for repeal.

The only way to get something like that repealed is to throw the whole bunch of lying bastards out of office and replace them with people who would not lie to get into office. Elect representatives who are willing to do the will of the people. And that is a "lets pretend game" far beyond yours. It will never happen, and even if it did it is already too late for America.

I doubt that there is a single politician in Washington that doesn't know how to repeal it in a heartbeat.

However, this is about as far from an insurance issue as you can get. It is a tyrannical grab for total power over the citizen, and that is what obama and all his minions have been about all along. This fiasco was written years before anyone ever heard the name obama. It was written for the first opportunity to push it through. obana just happened to be the right one at the right time. They simply "tweaked" this fiasco before handing it to obama. obama was the opportunity they had been waiting for. This is a bloodless coup not" healthcare for the people"

The only thing politicians will do is make it even worse. That is what politicians do. They make a law, then the "fix" the law by making it even worse. And every time they fix something it ends up costing you more money and you end up with less freedom. That is the creed of the tyrant.
#276442 by Badstrat
Tue May 09, 2017 4:54 pm
Naturally I would agree with some of what you say, but It is obvious that some conditions would need to be met that will never be met. Government has made it so your insurer can't go beyond state lines. That stifles competition in the insurance industry and drives up prices to the individual. If the lowest rate was in Florida and the highest in NY, the people in NY would purchase insurance from Florida, right? The NY companies would need to lower their prices to compete and so on. Ever buy the first product of any technology? The first flay screen TV's cost thousands of dollars for what we would consider a small screen by today's standards. Yet through competition we can now get a 50" for around a couple of hundred dollars. Insurance would work the same way as all other services and products. But for insurance to be affordable government would have to be eliminated completely , but not only that, the outrageous settlements from ambulance chasing lawyers would need to be eliminated, and obama fought against that. Doctors and hospitals pay billions a year to protect themselves from greedy crooked ambulance chasing lawyers. Just who has to pay those costs?

However, common sense would dictate that this whole conversation is moot.

The "pre condition" crap is a con job. Everyone with so called "pre conditions" are and are already were being covered through medicare. That argument is simply a ploy to convince the ignorant that they are heartless if this lie isn't implemented through "loving big brother", who incidentally couldn't care less if you died in the middle of the street due to lack of medical attention. They are con artists and liars for the most part, but the few that aren't are just a tiny specks on the world canvas. Only a fool would believe a word they say. They do not give a rats ass about you. They are the overlords of the individuals who must obey and suffer individually for the greater good, as they see it.

Even when the masses rise up and tell them what they want the masses are still ignored, is that not so? We are lied to and told that they are going to do what you wish, if elected, and then they do what they wish against your dictates at every turn. And I use the word dictates for the specific reason that they are supposed to be public servants elected to represent the voices of those who elected them. Instead we who elect them are the very ones who are ignored. They feign inability because they do not yet have the power, then when they have the power they find all other manner of excuses based on lies and deceit. They do the will of the lobbyists not the will of the people.

The individual only matters to them if the individual can be used for propaganda means to gain yet more power through their deceptive practices.

I have been on this earth long enough to see what many have not been witness to. I have watched the progression from liberty to tyranny in baby steps for many many decades. I have a pretty good assessment of how political parties and individual politicians work. I know their ilk quite well. Ask a Veteran how they keep their promises, ask an Indian how they kept their promises, ask the citizen who is aware how they keep their promises.

They are the Borgs and we must assimilate or be destroyed. It is as simple as that.
#276454 by Badstrat
Wed May 10, 2017 12:09 am
“By just getting the politicians out of it, would enable you to accomplish everything you wish to have happen.”

No it wouldn't. How soon people forget that the skyrocketing cost of insurance is what allowed the politicians to implement this diabolical scheme for population control in the first place.

Lawyers have been driving up the costs of healthcare for years with frivolous lawsuits. You can't have liberal judges awarding multiple millions to single individuals without the cost of malpractice insurance rates for the medical community going through the roof. Just ask any doctor. Many of them quit practicing medicine simply because malpractice insurance was no longer affordable.
Who pays those costs? Certainly not the insurance companies. They would go broke. You pay those costs.

Politicians will never get out of anything. But aside from that, I did not state that I wished anything would happen. It's not my problem. Politicians only make things worse, that is their job.

When a stupid woman spills hot coffee on herself and sues McDonald s for millions and wins, you can get a good picture of what is going on in the America through those frivolous lawsuits.

Have you ever seen those "sue them" ads on TV? They are on almost every commercial break on some channels, encouraging you to sue over this and to sue over that. They go something like this:

"Your wife said no dear, not tonight I have a headache" So you gave her an aspirin but her headache didn't go away. Then you hear on TV "Have you or anyone you know ever given their wife and aspirin and her headache didn't go away? If so join our class action lawsuit and call right now, you may be in for a substantial reward"

To the medical community Lawyers and crooked judges are the problem. And if that is the case, it is also your problem.

But as I keep saying, this isn't in the least about healthcare. It is about population control and I really should ad redistribution of wealth.

Healthcare is the path to the politician’s single state Utopia and to the death of individuality liberty and freedom. They are the Borg, you must assimilate.