This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276274 by DainNobody
Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 pm
Kelly Ripa's suggested salary a year, and your only skill is the ability to talk effortlessly in front of a camera..could you do it? basically bullshit free-style for one hour a day?

“We can sit around drinking coffee and talk about what we did yesterday with friends. [But] when compelled to do that in front of a camera and make it seem as natural? . . . That’s a really difficult skill,” said Robert J. Thompson, director of the Bleier Center for Television and Popular Culture at Syracuse University. “There are very few people who can do it at all and practically no one that does it as well as Kelly Ripa.”
#276279 by DainNobody
Wed May 03, 2017 8:16 pm
the world is fair, I have to accept that..
Last edited by DainNobody on Thu May 04, 2017 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
#276280 by DainNobody
Wed May 03, 2017 8:30 pm
nullified..please contact me at aol Slacker if you want to talk..
Last edited by DainNobody on Thu May 04, 2017 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
#276281 by GuitarMikeB
Wed May 03, 2017 8:43 pm
Taylor Swift made 10X that last year - $170 million. BTW, she only did one concert the whole year.
Floyd Mayweather (sp?) made $300 million in 2015.
It's estimated that Trump makes about $500 million per year.

Yes, there's a real disparity from high to low in this country.
#276284 by Badstrat
Wed May 03, 2017 9:15 pm
In case you are unaware, advertisers don't pay hundreds of millions to sponsor ditch diggers. And if you do not pull in enough advertisers to pay those wages you will not get them. That shouldn't be too difficult to figure out... right? But other than that, why should you care what someone else makes? God makes both the rich man and the poor man and he gives each his status. The trick to a happy life is not to covet what God has given to your brother but rather to have appreciation what God has given to you.

Those born in America are not living under totalitarian regimes where you need to scrounge for food every day and go without most days. And no one can come in the middle of the night to whiskyou away and execute you because you said something the regime didn't approve. Americans have always had the opportunity to earn wages, only some believe that the labor is beneath them, but if they were starving things would be different. You were born into a country that allows property ownership, freedom of speech, and the ability to advance your social position under the free enterprise system. And blessings do not stop with the dollar. Some have found true love, some have been given talent to play music, some have been given wonderful children and the list goes on. Most do not have everything, yet they have more than enough to be grateful.

Piss and moan to someone who lives in Communist China or North Korea and see what kind of response you wold get. Only the man who is ungrateful to God for what God has given him has his eye on what his brother has. It would be so nice if God would take the blessings from the grumblers. Then there would be far less of them.
#276302 by DainNobody
Thu May 04, 2017 1:51 pm
my final say on the matter..lol

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1eOaMyG05Y0
#276304 by Badstrat
Thu May 04, 2017 3:06 pm
No VLC web on this machine.
#276306 by DainNobody
Thu May 04, 2017 3:16 pm
oooh, that's right.. Windows 10 machines did away with the Windows Media Player.. I had VLC on my Windows XP cause then I could watch downloaded videos until I upgraded to a new machine with Windows 7 and then the files would not work if they were Flash-based videos.. torqued me off, but now that I can burn through 50.00 worth of data fast pre-paid Straight Talk I avoid videos and use the MediaHuman software and just listen to mp3's w/o video..better than nothing..
#276309 by DainNobody
Thu May 04, 2017 3:59 pm
#276310 by Badstrat
Thu May 04, 2017 4:19 pm
Just a scrambled mess. You undoubtedly are using a newer OS than I am so most of those types of links do not work on this machine.
You can say what you want to say here without any problems so why the run around?
#276311 by DainNobody
Thu May 04, 2017 4:22 pm
arthritic fingers.. not really a run-around but more of a solution to pain.. and also voice is more personable than text.. :D
#276313 by DainNobody
Thu May 04, 2017 4:43 pm
that's right! now it is coming back to me, with my memory like an elephant, it seems you said you use Ubuntu O/S.. that's why? very limited to what Ubuntu operating system allows.. never would consider it unless I was scared to death about malware.. just my opinion.. :D
#276315 by Badstrat
Thu May 04, 2017 5:12 pm
I would venture to admit you are quite right. I loved it at first, until it stopped me from getting the upgrades I wanted but then it became a problem child.

Ubuntu is great for geeks but for those such as myself it is sorely lacking in its simplicity. It is great as far as not having virus or malware problems but setting up what you want it to do isn't that easy. I waited months for the release of Ubuntu 17 as 16 was a pain in some respects. When 17 came out they suggested that if you are using 16 you should not upgrade to 17. Go figure.

I just heard on the news that less than 50% have a "land line" I presume that is a "warning" that those will go the way of the public phone booth. They love the profit but hate the maintenance. When those go so will my Internet. You mentioned that it cost you quite a bit for very little data. I can let movies or videos play all day without restrictions, as it is now, without any restriction. What can I say? Progress runs over those it wishes.
#276317 by DainNobody
Thu May 04, 2017 5:24 pm
Badstrat wrote:I would venture to admit you are quite right. I loved it at first, until it stopped me from getting the upgrades I wanted but then it became a problem child.

Ubuntu is great for geeks but for those such as myself it is sorely lacking in its simplicity. It is great as far as not having virus or malware problems but setting up what you want it to do isn't that easy. I waited months for the release of Ubuntu 17 as 16 was a pain in some respects. When 17 came out they suggested that if you are using 16 you should not upgrade to 17. Go figure.

I just heard on the news that less than 50% have a "land line" I presume that is a "warning" that those will go the way of the public phone booth. They love the profit but hate the maintenance. When those go so will my Internet. You mentioned that it cost you quite a bit for very little data. I can let movies or videos play all day without restrictions, as it is now, without any restriction. What can I say? Progress runs over those it wishes.

if you are referring to dial-up, it was unlimited at $21.95 a month at Windstream, what finally peeved me off was a technician who had for the umpteenth time fixed my broken land line by replacing a component in the gray box mounted to my house called me on the phone saying we fixed your phone I think and I am calling to tell you that, and by the way you will have DSL in around 6 months just thought you's like to know" ...well, that was11 years ago, and guess what still no DSL and this is 2017? really? mot enough profit in it for you windstream? so I don't know but some time back after talking to an associate vendor at the swap meet, and him showing me these StraightTalk 5GB data cards he had 2 of them, he convinced me, that was the way to go, it took a couple three years?? but I finally got the courage to go Straigth Talk Hot-Spot wi-fi and it is costly, but stay off the youtube videos and it's alright, I am now thinking about gettin UNLIMITED data at verizon for $80.00 since most smart phones have a hot-spot or wi-fi/wirless connection in settings and then tether but the PREPAID plan does not allow tethering!.. so now looking at Cricket Wireless a AT&T company but worried if at&t towers will work in this mostly verizon tower neighborhood.. they really don't care about you if you live in the boonies, you are not a money maker for them in the most part.. LOLi