This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#276158 by Planetguy
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:30 pm
Glen, i know that w tongue in cheek you've made sport of us gear heads "talking about strings".. :D but i bet there are some here who would be interested in learning about the equip you used.
#276159 by DainNobody
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:31 pm
We're not supposed to point out things like that. It makes people feel bad. :D :lol:
#276163 by J-HALEY
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:21 pm
Planetguy wrote:here's what "blows"....glen puts up a cool tune and it's not enough to simply give him an "attaboy" and a "welcome back to the world of sharing tunes!" :oops: :cry:

And that's WHAT I'M GONNA DO RIGHT HERE. RIGHT NOW.

so, w/o further adieu....nice playing, Glen. and i'm very glad to see you get back to doing something i know you love and are skilled at....playing music.

that said...i always find it sad when musicians stoop to silly competitive back biting, reducing musical prowess and chops to a "contest"....making it all about who is "better"....

.....whose version of a song is better...etc. To me, that smacks of immaturity, and worse when that "competition" aspect is bandied about w the purpose of driving a wedge between the musicians here.

dayne you tried that silliness w jook and i w regards to some chord progression that folks submitted their version of. that was pretty lame and did not have the desired effect of driving a wedge between us. it only showed you to be small, petty, and vindictive.

and now, bringing ME into this when this should be about nothing but GLEN....HIS TUNE.....HIS PLAYING???????? ......that's both sad and weak. shame on you. i'm embarrassed for you.

and Haley...you too? damn, i expect that passive aggressive boo-shit from dayne.....but shame on you for making this about ANYTHING but GLEN.

again....nice work, Glen! please keep them coming. and thanks for being on eof the guys who recognize it AIN'T a contest.

my apologies for taking the conversation sideways to address that silliness, but you know me well enough to know that i'm not just gonna hold my tongue when i have an opinion on something or when someone takes out a their pea shooter to lob a few to stir up $hit. :D

What the Hell are you talking about Mark? I think you have gone off the deep end. You are doing exactly what you are accusing us of. What are you smoking because it must be good! This thread has been peaceful until you come along with your dumbass liberal attitude! Why don't you crawl back under the rock you have been hiding under?
#276164 by Vampier
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:28 pm
Ahhhh. the Egos "Frolic". I Love BandMix and all you guys. I am just basking in the joys of witnessing such interchange.

"Art is never finished, only abandoned"
Leonardo da Vinci

"When it comes to Art, it is important not to hide the madness"
Atticus
#276165 by DainNobody
Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:37 pm
the final straw that broke the camel's back about Mark they way he "treats"me was the collab some months ago, the tune where RG laid down a jazzy bass line and Mark added a walking bass line (which in my opinion did not really fit the drums) and I waited weeks or maybe months for the next musician in line to add his piece or take on it, and after waiting I put some notes onto it, and as in the past, all he had was negative and snide remarks about my playing saying sh*t like "random notes" "out of tune" "out of key"bad timing etc. etc. this is after I had endured his sharp tongue and criticism for months before on other related topics and musical endeavors.. if it is not me performing, and it's just as crappy as music or worse, he has nothing but praise and admiration.. makes no sense, and I will no longer be the victim of his witch hunt personal vendetta against me, if that's how he treats "friends" then I can only imagine the wrath he lavishes on his enemies them..LOL :) .. god.. I bet the bassist in his "jazz" band endures a lot of tongue-lashing..
#276166 by J-HALEY
Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm
Dayne, it cracks me up how he always places himself in the good guy role when he is really the asshole. I paid Glen a compliment and the "resident jazz guy" a back handed compliment. After that he try's to shame me Hilarious. His next m.o. is attack grammar and spelling. So predictable! :lol:
#276167 by DainNobody
Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:57 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Dayne, it cracks me up how he always places himself in the good guy role when he is really the asshole. I paid Glen a compliment and the "resident jazz guy" a back handed compliment. After that he try's to shame me Hilarious. His next m.o. is attack grammar and spelling. So predictable! :lol:

I know well I am not God's gift to music, I have always struggled with it, but I never forgot the words my Drill Instructor T.I. said at boot camp, when he was giving us recruits a motivational speech, basically said "some of you will have to try harder to get there" or something like that, and I am truly one that has to try harder than the rest, I can live with that, and even contemplating putting music down, and getting completely away from it.. but, the fact he has said things to me that could have been expressed on a message yahoo email, he comes and says it on the board as in to disgrace or something?.. just like they have said on facebook, say some things thru messaging, we don't need all the drama on the news feed timeline.. I hope he is happy with himself, and if he apologized I might be able to turn over a new leaf with him.. but it's up to Planetguy from now on..
#276168 by Planetguy
Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 pm
Re: Glen blowing the Spring Breeze

Re: GLEN blowing the Spring Breeze

so, are you two bozos confused about who this thread is SUPPOSED to be about?????

take a moment to recalibrate, you ninnies.

one was given the impression that dane started this thread to give Glen an "attaboy"....but, no.....it smells all too familiar....much like it was just another sad and transparent excuse to take a swipe at me and perhaps jook as well. :oops:

here's a clue for you...if you want to compliment someone's music or work....do so without having to compare their work with that of someone else's who you don't hold in as high regard. doing so only comes makes you come off insincere.

and good gawd...stop that insincere self deprecating BS. please. if you like Glen's work... then just SAY THAT w/o the bringing me into your passive aggressive games. thank you very much.

and haley...you couldn't wait to jump on board and sail with that soiled ship and crew! disappointing, man. very disappointing.

Glen....i'm sorry these chumps had to pollute a thread that should just be about your tune and celebrating your return to making music. you deserve better.

Tally HO, comrade!!!! :D
#276169 by J-HALEY
Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:49 pm
Planetguy wrote:Re: Glen blowing the Spring Breeze

so, are you two bozos confused about who this thread is SUPPOSED to be about?????

take a moment to recalibrate, you ninnies.

one was given the impression that dane started this thread to give Glen an "attaboy"....but, no.....it smells all too familiar....much like it was just another sad and transparent excuse to take a swipe at me and perhaps jook as well. :oops:

here's a clue for you...if you want to compliment someone's music or work....do so without having to compare their work with that of someone else's who you don't hold in as high regard. doing so only comes makes you come off insincere.

and good gawd...stop that insincere self deprecating BS. please. if you like Glen's work... then just SAY THAT w/o the bringing me into your passive aggressive games. thank you very much.

and haley...you couldn't wait to jump on board and sail with that soiled ship and crew! disappointing, man. very disappointing.

Glen....i'm sorry these chumps had to pollute a thread that should just be about your tune and celebrating your return to making music. you deserve better.

Tally HO, comrade!!!! :D

Your an idiot Mark. Everyone knows who the instigator is on this thread. Like I said it was peaceful until you showed up. You must be bored today not having a job and all. So you come trolling in here stirring up vitriol and paraphrasing like you always do. I am not going to respond to you anymore on this thread. It started as a true compliment to a badass guitar player and human being Glen. You're just butthurt because I said he is better than you! And he is, so put that in your pipe and smoke it asshole!
#276183 by Planetguy
Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:01 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Everyone knows who the instigator is on this thread. Like I said it was peaceful until you showed up.

yeah "EVERYONE" ....WITH A BRAIN knows EXACTLY who instigated the BS on this thread and who decided to make this about ME, not Glen. :oops:

are you really such a dolt? do you believe "EVERYONE" else to be as well?
are you lying? stoopid? both?

one needs to look no further than page one, post two (YOUR's)...for the true "instigator":

J-HALEY wrote:Damn Glen, Spring Breeze is good! You have some serious chops Bro! That's wayy better playing than I have heard from our resident Jazz guy! :lol:

nuff said, eh?

You must be bored today not having a job and all. So you come trolling in here stirring up vitriol and paraphrasing like you always do. I am not going to respond to you anymore on this thread. It started as a true compliment to a badass guitar player and human being Glen. You're just butthurt because I said he is better than you! And he is, so put that in your pipe and smoke it asshole!

thanks once again for showing off your neanderthal behavior, Haley. and for trying to lie or cover up your piss poor manners and bad behavior pointing fingers elsewhere from where they belong.

Trust me, I couldn't possibly care less about what you think about my playing or such silliness as to who YOU deem to be "BETTER".

i came here to check out glens's tune and give him a "well done"...and what do i find? you two jackasses taking lame swipes and potshots w your popguns in a thread that's supposed to be about glen!!!

sorry, dumbass...when i RESPOND to the idiocy of bringing ME into this thread....that ain't "trolling", you Meathead. and it ain't "paraphrasing", dumbass. no, your words speak clearly enough showing who instigated sh*t in a thread that should about Glen :roll:

you embarrass yourself w this, your latest childish, and imbecilic peevishness.

and now you're saying that WASN'T YOU "instigating" things? good grief, man.

..yeah, right!..and next you're gonna say this ISN'T dane "instigating" things??.....

Dayne Nobody IV wrote:can't wait for the jazz residents to weigh in on your great playing, it will be good .. I'll get the popcorn ready and will be waiting .. they were really set on their "beliefs" and now must eat crow.. :D

hey, Og....NEWSFLASH: i hadn't even POSTED before then! :lol:

but you two should keep talking about ME because that, THAT really shows how you're here to compliment Glen!!! :roll:

shame on you two stooges. :oops:
#276185 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:17 am
STOP IT MARK.
I don't know why you turned this into a major battle over one little comment.
This was just Dayne being kind. I haven't got a reason to understand why this could make you so angry.
I listen to music posted by everyone... Even yours. Some of it is excellent, and I have to give you credit for going out and setting up, securing a gig, and sharing your talent with people that don't have clue about how much hard work is involved... Including huge hours of practice and rehearsal just to get to that point. KUDOS MARK!

I apologize if I have ever said anything negative about anyone that is presenting a truthful attempt at creating music.
Jimmy Danger put a lot of effort into those last recordings he posted. Not my favorite genre of music... Still very good. Sorry if I never gave Jimmy the credit he deserves, but I think did make some positive comments.
J Haley has had some personal things to deal with, just like all of us...Go listen to what a hell of a great rock and roll guitarist HE is!
Badstrat has a style of playing that is AMAZING! It would take me a long time to play, even close to that.
Ted Pearce... One of the most amazing song writers since Carole King... Even more amazing he has done more gigs than all of us here... Put together... I have to give YOD credit...
I could go on and on... Chaeya, Paul Carothers, Ratssass,....

I don't think Dayne was trying to attack you. I think he was just trying to be kind to me. That song has been up for over 5 years... Maybe this is just proof we have to keep our animosities over politics separate from music.

Mark, thank you for reminding me, of myself... When I forget how to maintain a positive attitude.
Dayne, thank you for reminding me, of myself... You keep playing... Just as valid and great as anyone else playing music.
#276190 by schmedidiah
Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:59 pm
You mind if I make a mashup/ remix of these 2 songs Glen? Good stuff. 8)
#276204 by Planetguy
Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:36 pm
Glen, don't take this the wrong way when i "politely"" ask you to "stuff it".

someone gives me sh*t and i will NEVER sit back and eat it. that's not who i am and that's not how i conduct myself or do business. big surprise???? i'd hope not at this point.

if you don't see that i was handed insults and been given sh*t by both haley and dane (and this damn CERTAINLY ain't the first time) then so be it.

you see ME as introducing negative vibes here....well, you're entitled to your view. like many of your other views that we've butted heads on over the yrs...i don't really see how you could possibly come up w the takeaway you do...but your take on things....that's your biz.

i'm done here and i'm done dealing w haley and dane once again. it's not that insensitive, but i don't know or really care what kind of "issues" or life problems anyone is going thru...that does not excuse what I see as piss poor behavior and trying to instigate sh*t to settle some adolescent score.

as for any "anger" you want to read into my stance....nah. not so much so....this is so much like suckers falling for "fake news" that it's actually funny! dane and haley instigate sh*t and somehow you come away wagging a finger at ME!!!!

i'm done here. peace onto you and your's, glen. 8)
#276209 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:31 am
Mark, as much as the arguments have gotten heated and even vulgar, from all sides... That is what makes this site unique.
I have seen many people, great musicians just say I'm done. You are one tough, sometimes outright nasty, person...

However, and a few will disagree with me... Bandmix would actually be quite a bit smaller without you or people like you or me, around busting chops. I miss some of the biggest ball busters here. I'm just as guilty... I think bandmix did smart thing separating all the political stuff from all the musical stuff. I have tried to use restraint, not to cross the line.

I guess it all comes down to keeping things in perspective... Good luck and may you always be blessed.